Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

9 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Since when are left midfielders required to win tackles?

And was he the only one losing the ball or misplacing passes? You could equally turn the argument around and say he was more active than others, or trying to create goalscoring opportunities for himself and others.

:facepalm:

Pretty sure it down to all players to try and win tackles . It not just a defenders job 

13 minutes ago, Spicer said:

Can you name a time when a player has been involved in two goals and played badly?  It is unusual. I wasn't disagreeing with either of you

Yakubu most matches you didn’t  know he was on he field  but always  scored 

Ndukwu is a talented kid isn't he. Someone on here referred to him as being similar to Agbonlahor a while ago and I have absolutely no idea where that's come from lol seems a lot more about the natural ability than his speed.

7 hours ago, Vacamion said:

He’s not covered himself in glory.

Even on crosses, which you would think would be a strength, he wasn’t in the right place.

A bit of coaching required.

He’s screwed with Beaglehole then :ph34r:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That Ryan Loft is the most heinous footballer I've ever seen

I was there last.  The lad is big, pretty fast for his size and he ran and ran putting in 110% effort all night. He was blowing hard at the end.

What he lacked was a little quality/positioning in open play, yes, but with time he could prove to be a real star.

He reminded me of a young Steve Howard in style of play/looks.  

Give the lad a chance.

11 hours ago, Spicer said:

Can you name a time when a player has been involved in two goals and played badly?  It is unusual. I wasn't disagreeing with either of you

Numerous times if I dug through my memory banks. I fundamentally disagree with opinions on players overall performance changing due to one or two incidents over a 90 minute period. It's why I hate the whoscored ratings, they get warped on the basis on a couple of incidents. Take Maddison, got in the team of the week for his performance against Wolves. Could anyone seriously say with a straight face that we was one of the best players in the league that weekend?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

I was there last.  The lad is big, pretty fast for his size and he ran and ran putting in 110% effort all night. He was blowing hard at the end.

What he lacked was a little quality/positioning in open play, yes, but with time he could prove to be a real star.

He reminded me of a young Steve Howard in style of play/looks.  

Give the lad a chance.

He was exactly the same player and same physical size as a 16 year old for Tottenham, only then his bigger size and strength gave him an advantage over his smaller peer group and he looked a good player.

Now that his peer group have developed physically and gained in experience, the key advantages he had have been negated and he looks very average.

Its no great surprise that Spurs released him and im equally certain that with their record of developing young talent, if they thought that a bit of time and coaching could make him a star, they wouldn't have released him.

Do you really think that Beaglehole will be able to make him a better player than Pochettino and his staff could have done?

10 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

He was exactly the same player and same physical size as a 16 year old for Tottenham, only then his bigger size and strength gave him an advantage over his smaller peer group and he looked a good player.

Now that his peer group have developed physically and gained in experience, the key advantages he had have been negated and he looks very average.

Its no great surprise that Spurs released him and im equally certain that with their record of developing young talent, if they thought that a bit of time and coaching could make him a star, they wouldn't have released him.

Do you really think that Beaglehole will be able to make him a better player than Pochettino and his staff could have done?

It makes you think that some of the U23 signings are made just to keep us in the top league or to fill gaps temporarily until some of the younger guys work their way through the system knowing that they'll never make it here and then move them on to a lower league/none league club. Nothing to lose and everything to gain for LCFC not sure about the players though.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, davieG said:

It makes you think that some of the U23 signings are made just to keep us in the top league or to fill gaps temporarily until some of the younger guys work their way through the system knowing that they'll never make it here and then move them on to a lower league/none league club. Nothing to lose and everything to gain for LCFC not sure about the players though.

I think that's probably fair to a degree. It's impossible not to have some bridging players, but saying that maybe our circumstances are different to Spurs. I'd say they are probably desperate to turn around a youth player to move into the first team given their limited striking options and their natural inability to spend money given their current financial circumstances. Maybe they offloaded him as they recognise he needs more work and they can't afford that time. Maybe we can? I'm playing devil's advocate here. He has plenty of endeavour, but lacking in a few areas. I can only assume that the club sees something they can bring on.

24 minutes ago, davieG said:

That is exactly what's happening. The capture of many released players from the top clubs or clubs similar to our size has increased in recent years. Can't remember a single one of them doing anything worthwhile for us either. This new goalie released by Villa does look like he has something about him though. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That is exactly what's happening. The capture of many released players from the top clubs or clubs similar to our size has increased in recent years. Can't remember a single one of them doing anything worthwhile for us either. This new goalie released by Villa does look like he has something about him though. 

Yes he has impressed so far, also wasnt Eppiah released by Arsenal, and i think most would agree he looks a decent prospect. On the flipside i'm not sure about Loft at all and what really confuses me is why we think the right back released by Norwich (name eludes me atm) would have the potential to make it here, as you say it seems likely some are purely brought in as fillers.

1 hour ago, nwl fox said:

Yes he has impressed so far, also wasnt Eppiah released by Arsenal, and i think most would agree he looks a decent prospect. On the flipside i'm not sure about Loft at all and what really confuses me is why we think the right back released by Norwich (name eludes me atm) would have the potential to make it here, as you say it seems likely some are purely brought in as fillers.

No he wasn't released by Arsenal - been here since he was 10 or 11

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nwl fox said:

Ramsay, seems nowhere near the level of Knight and Johnson who are centre backs by trade or Pascanu, who incidentally seems to have been moved to CB to accommodate him. Odd

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Ramsay, seems nowhere near the level of Knight and Johnson who are centre backs by trade or Pascanu, who incidentally seems to have been moved to CB to accommodate him. Odd

I thought Pascanu was a CB who was moved to FB originally.