Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:46, foxes21 said:

Tavares would probably be our second most technically gifted CM behind Tielemans if he was in the first team.

Ok maybe that was a bit over the top, but the lad was on a different level to everyone else tonight 

I presume you mean he was on a different level to the rest of his LCFC team -mates as he certainly wasn't on a different level to Ryan Cassidy and Sonny Blu-Lo Everton who were both absolutely outstanding for Watford (Everton is only 16!)

Tavares looks a seriously gifted and elegant talent but I wish he would be more involved in the game at times as he only really started to influence the game when they made a tactical substitution in the 2nd half and pushed him deeper into a playmaking role.

I thought he was far more influential playing in the deeper CDM than he was a No.10

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Just seen highlights from our game last night (the FA Youth cup one!)

Seems like our goalie did have a blinder but your number 11 looked good.

Also our number 9 is probably our best attacking prospect for some time.

All no doubt will be poached by a big top 6 soon enough. 

Your observations are absolutely spot-on!

I watched the game and your no.9 was superb.  Great composure in front of goal!  Hugely impressed.

Your boys were under huge pressure in the 2nd half and when we equalised I could only see one winner....and it wasn't Watford....so 10/10 for the resilience and character your boys showed under such enormous pressure.

Reason LCFC didn't win is because your Keeper had an absolute blinder...and what a superb prospect Blu-Lo Everton looks for a 16 year-old. So good technically that he I assumed he was Spanish....until I googled him and saw he was Scottish!!!!   

Who would have known with a name like that...?!?  :)

(PS LCFCs Arlott-John, Tavares and Ewing all had excellent games also and Arlott-JOhn could easily have had a hat-trick on any other day..... if not for your keeper!)

..I watched the Forest game for the U23s   and was impressed with Dewsbury-Hall.

He always seems to be looking for the hollywood ball or scoring a worldie but this time he played a more mature role and was a stand out player in our midfield. Composed on the ball looked to dictate the play and recycled the ball well.

I am not certain if it was the fact that Brendan Rogers was in attendance or he has finally matured into a player who should be on the bench for the first team. Tielemans occupies the position at the moment but there is perhaps an opportunity to be used as a replacement for when Tielemans is pulled after 65 minutes.

I suspect perhaps the biggest changes we will see with Rogers in charge will be on the bench,Muskwe is a good option with Ndukwu another possibility.

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I watched the Forest game for the U23s   and was impressed with Dewsbury-Hall.

He always seems to be looking for the hollywood ball or scoring a worldie but this time he played a more mature role and was a stand out player in our midfield. Composed on the ball looked to dictate the play and recycled the ball well.

I am not certain if it was the fact that Brendan Rogers was in attendance or he has finally matured into a player who should be on the bench for the first team. Tielemans occupies the position at the moment but there is perhaps an opportunity to be used as a replacement for when Tielemans is pulled after 65 minutes.

I suspect perhaps the biggest changes we will see with Rogers in charge will be on the bench,Muskwe is a good option with Ndukwu another possibility.

The jury is still out on Muskwe IMO, would like to see him keep his current form for a few more months but there's definitely potential there.

Ndukwu is class and if he can steer clear of injury I think it would be the right time to blood him into the first team. If he can't make it now I don't think he ever will. When he's on form he's heads and shoulders above any thing in the development squad/league. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The jury is still out on Muskwe IMO, would like to see him keep his current form for a few more months but there's definitely potential there.

Ndukwu is class and if he can steer clear of injury I think it would be the right time to blood him into the first team. If he can't make it now I don't think he ever will. When he's on form he's heads and shoulders above any thing in the development squad/league. 

If he hadn't only just come back from injury then I'd agree with you, in the circumstances though I'd say its a bit harsh to say if he doesn't make it now then he never will when he's only played a game and a half in 3 months. Needs time to play himself back into form before stepping up

43 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

Dempsey Arlott-John has scored for the U18's currently 1-1 against Fulham

No Tavares or Thomas in the squad https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2019/03/02/england/premier-academy-league/fulham-fc-u18-academy/leicester-city-fc-under-18-academy/2881363/

Looks like we lost 2-1.

Assume Thomas is being rested so he can feature in the u23s, I think they play tomorrow??  Maybe Tavares will join him in the u23s

• Like 1

Make Sure to follow Man Citys Twitter feed for all things LCFC U-23! 

Total lack of respect for our U-23s just because the senior team is playing!

Some of us were actually hoping (planning) to watch this!

Whole Day Ruined!