Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 16:20, Nannypig7 said:

Lost 1-0 to Burnley. Don't have anything to play for anymore, maybe not starting our next wonderkid striker in Loft we'd get somewhere.

Apparently Loft was a signing that Beaglehole (by his own admission!) pushed for very hard which makes perfect sense in the style of 'football' he plays (ie he doesn't actually play football...hes just a big unit who puts himself about in non-league fashion)

Was a decent player when he was a youngster at Spurs but only because of his advanced physicality at an early age and they soon saw he wasn't going to develop any further which is why they got rid....which is what troubles me so much about Leicester retaining Beaglehole in a Yth Development role in that he just doesn't see beyond results and doesn't seem to get the 'bigger' picture beyond his own ego.

In Beagleholes defence, he has at least 'publicly' admitted his error in front of the rest of the squad....which must have been very nice for Loft to hear!   He is some bloke that Beaglehole...!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Apparently Loft was a signing that Beaglehole (by his own admission!) pushed for very hard which makes perfect sense in the style of 'football' he plays (ie he doesn't actually play football...hes just a big unit who puts himself about in non-league fashion)

Was a decent player when he was a youngster at Spurs but only because of his advanced physicality at an early age and they soon saw he wasn't going to develop any further which is why they got rid....which is what troubles me so much about Leicester retaining Beaglehole in a Yth Development role in that he just doesn't see beyond results and doesn't seem to get the 'bigger' picture beyond his own ego.

In Beagleholes defence, he has at least 'publicly' admitted his error in front of the rest of the squad....which must have been very nice for Loft to hear!   He is some bloke that Beaglehole...!

Do you know who owns this flag? Are they Beaglehole's buddies? They seemed to be massive fans of Loft...

IMG_20190121_195430187~2.jpg

I can't see Rodgers as being accepting of what you describe. Every time I've seen Rodgers enter a new team things have changed from top to bottom to conform to his style of play and the technical abilities he expects of his players.

I'm sure Rudkin, Beaglehole and Rodgers will have come to some kind of understanding before Rodgers had even accepted the job. What that is who knows but you can be sure its Brendan's version of Total Football. If not things will change

Rodgers vs Rudkin - Unstoppable force vs Immovable object

In one corner, we have Lee Congerton and a revamp of the academy system

In the other, there is jobs for the boys and a competent Head of Recruitment

Who will come out with the upper hand? Find out this summer in LCFC's suuuuuuper slam

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Rodgers vs Rudkin - Unstoppable force vs Immovable object

In one corner, we have Lee Congerton and a revamp of the academy system

In the other, there is jobs for the boys and a competent Head of Recruitment

Who will come out with the upper hand? Find out this summer in LCFC's suuuuuuper slam

Does the academy need a revamp?

Oh, now I understand haha

Yeah but putting it in the mixer and winning the knockdowns hasn't fit with any of the managers that we have had whilst hes been here, so I wouldn't go expecting a change until he wants to go...

Edited by Kilworthfox

13 minutes ago, los dedos said:

No, but who ever made does a great flag at a low price:ph34r:

Not sure where the Great Britain flag fits in the scheme of things unless the owner is a Brexit fan too?

It doesn't really matter to me who runs the Academy or what their name is. The bottom line is that player development has to produce players for the first team and then add quality with transfers.

It's the only way this club will challenge for top six and the squad demands that are placed on it. Its obvious that we can't compete with the big boys unless we have an Academy that works. Money talks and we don't have enough to compete with the Manchesters head to head. Academy through the First team has to work or Rodgers is wasting his time here. If you want to see the gold standard then research AFC Ajax in Amsterdam. Or Barcelona / La Masia.

We need all profit centers to be hitting on all cylinders if we want to compete with the best. We are already behind and we need to catch up.

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

It doesn't really matter to me who runs the Academy or what their name is. The bottom line is that player development has to produce players for the first team and then add quality with transfers.

It's the only way this club will challenge for top six and the squad demands that are placed on it. Its obvious that we can't compete with the big boys unless we have an Academy that works. Money talks and we don't have enough to compete with the Manchesters head to head. Academy through the First team has to work or Rodgers is wasting his time here. If you want to see the gold standard then research AFC Ajax in Amsterdam. Or Barcelona / La Masia.

We need all profit centers to be hitting on all cylinders if we want to compete with the best. We are already behind and we need to catch up.

It's funny because although our current U23 setup is limited to say the least in coaching and management, we have produced some excellent players from our academy in Chilwell, Choudhury and Barnes. Plus, there are several more coming through that have either been with us from an early age or been signed aged 17 onwards in recent years. This could be argued that a lot of the core work has been done with these players before they reach the U23 squad and the cream rises to the top, certainly Chilwell and Barnes didn't particularly play much for the U23's before being out on loan and then ready for our first team. It's hard to know if the assumptions on Beaglehole and his cronies are correct or not but the fact we pretty much have the same crop of coaches as we did when we were in the Championship and possibly even League One shows that as we have progressed we haven't looked to reflect that in the academy. We are due to get the best training facilities in Europe and yet we might not have the coaching staff at an essential level to match. As you say, for a club like Leicester to excel, we need marginal gains which come from having one of the best scouting networks in the world for player recruitment, the best sports science methods and an elite academy. Under Pearson and then briefly Ranieri we had nailed the first two of these, our methods left the bigger clubs for dead and had them frantically trying to poach our staff or our methods. We need to ensure we build this again. It doesn't make sense to neglect the academy when there appears to be a huge investment in to it and certainly huge investment on and off the pitch for the club as a whole.

Jon Rudkin was our ex academy director and still has a huge influence on the academy in his role as DOF, it's his long term working relationship with Beaglehole and Peake that might why behind this, there's certainly been a few smart upshots swiftly moved on who threatened the jobs for the boys brigade over the years.

I hope Rodgers can persuade the club to improve the club from top to bottom, but given how much influence Puel has had in academies at his previous clubs, i'd be surprised if he didn't want to do the same at Leicester and yet very little appeared to change, the playing style certainly didn't. If Rodgers tries to take on Rudkin toe to toe, there'll only be one winner sadly and it won't be Brendan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Not sure where the Great Britain flag fits in the scheme of things unless the owner is a Brexit fan too?

It’s the English flag by the way

Edited by mikey54

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's funny because although our current U23 setup is limited to say the least in coaching and management, we have produced some excellent players from our academy in Chilwell, Choudhury and Barnes. Plus, there are several more coming through that have either been with us from an early age or been signed aged 17 onwards in recent years. This could be argued that a lot of the core work has been done with these players before they reach the U23 squad and the cream rises to the top, certainly Chilwell and Barnes didn't particularly play much for the U23's before being out on loan and then ready for our first team. It's hard to know if the assumptions on Beaglehole and his cronies are correct or not but the fact we pretty much have the same crop of coaches as we did when we were in the Championship and possibly even League One shows that as we have progressed we haven't looked to reflect that in the academy. We are due to get the best training facilities in Europe and yet we might not have the coaching staff at an essential level to match. As you say, for a club like Leicester to excel, we need marginal gains which come from having one of the best scouting networks in the world for player recruitment, the best sports science methods and an elite academy. Under Pearson and then briefly Ranieri we had nailed the first two of these, our methods left the bigger clubs for dead and had them frantically trying to poach our staff or our methods. We need to ensure we build this again. It doesn't make sense to neglect the academy when there appears to be a huge investment in to it and certainly huge investment on and off the pitch for the club as a whole.

Jon Rudkin was our ex academy director and still has a huge influence on the academy in his role as DOF, it's his long term working relationship with Beaglehole and Peake that might why behind this, there's certainly been a few smart upshots swiftly moved on who threatened the jobs for the boys brigade over the years.

I hope Rodgers can persuade the club to improve the club from top to bottom, but given how much influence Puel has had in academies at his previous clubs, i'd be surprised if he didn't want to do the same at Leicester and yet very little appeared to change, the playing style certainly didn't. If Rodgers tries to take on Rudkin toe to toe, there'll only be one winner sadly and it won't be Brendan.

My hunch is that Rodgers and Rudkin see eye to eye and that they have a relationship that precedes(Chelsea?) their partnership. I'm going to go farther and say that based on Rodgers relationships with other owners, chairman etc. that he doesn't move into jobs without very careful consideration of the circumstances aka potential conflicts or 'Been there done that'. I sense that Rodgers and Rudkin have talked about this job for a while because of his attraction to the academy, youth of squad, new training facilities and overall structure of the club.

With all of his jobs Rodgers has always taken great interest and responsibility in setting up the systems that work as you describe for youth. Sometimes using people in the club and sometimes not. For him its the Club not just the First team.

11 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think he is referring to the Union Jack in the top left of the England flag.

Fair enough - I assumed he meant the main body of the flag

Edited by mikey54

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What an absolutely great post!!!

I think you've pretty much nailed everything Ive ever ever heard about our Yth set-up in one single post.

I sincerely hope for the sake of future Yth player development that Rudkin finally realises that it is no longer in the interests of himself as DOF or LCFC to keep protecting those coaches that should no longer be protected (ie Peake, Beaglehole etc) as we are now a club with a much more clearly defined Yth strategy which is unlikely to yield its full potential if we continue to support a "jobs for the boys" mentality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikey54 said:

It’s the English flag by the way

Er............ The one in top left corner is the Flag of Great Britain, well it was, last time I was in England.  Jesus, I have to explain all this to locals time after time after time.

Err The flag in the corner is actually the Flag of the UK

The Union Jack, or Union Flag, is the national flag of the United Kingdom. The flag also has a semi-official status in Canada, by parliamentary resolution, where it is known as the Royal Union Flag. Additionally, it is used as an official flag in some of the smaller British overseas territories.

255px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

Name    Union Jack, Union Flag, British flag, UK flag
Use    National flag
Proportion    1:2
Adopted    1 January 1801; 218 years ago
Design    A white-fimbriated symmetric red cross on a blue field with a white-fimbriated counterchanged saltire of red and white.

210px-Naval_Ensign_of_the_United_Kingdom

Variant flag of the United Kingdom of
Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Use    Naval ensign
Proportion    1:2
Design    A symmetric red cross on a white field with the Union Flag in the canton. See White Ensign.

From Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom

Academy players called up for Internationals:

Lamine Kaba Sherif (Guinea U23)

Daniel Iversen (Denmark U21)

Viktor Johansson (Sweden U21)

Rhys Davies (Wales U21)

Alex Pascanu (Romania U21)

Lukas Husek (Czech Republic U19)

Luke Thomas (England U18)

3 Goalkeepers in there with Iversen, Johansson & Davies

• Like 3

...noticed Beaglehole seemed under the cosh in the most recent games and gave the impression his job was on the line in respect of Puels' wish for the under 23s to play the same way as the first team.

The standard of performances has dropped to a very poor level and although some influential players were sent out on loan, it should not have led to the performances we have seen lately.The possibility that Puel could have asked to instigate these loans, over the wishes of Beaglehole, would point to an almost certain change in the coaching set up,  in respect of the academy. There were far too many players who had reached a level which required them to take the next step but were being held back through no fault of their own.

I would be surprised if Beaglehole is still in his role along with other members of the Academy coaching staff at the start of next season and that would be in tune with the needs of the our proposed new Training Facilities.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...noticed Beaglehole seemed under the cosh in the most recent games and gave the impression his job was on the line in respect of Puels' wish for the under 23s to play the same way as the first team.

The standard of performances has dropped to a very poor level and although some influential players were sent out on loan, it should not have led to the performances we have seen lately.The possibility that Puel could have asked to instigate these loans, over the wishes of Beaglehole, would point to an almost certain change in the coaching set up,  in respect of the academy. There were far too many players who had reached a level which required them to take the next step but were being held back through no fault of their own.

I would be surprised if Beaglehole is still in his role along with other members of the Academy coaching staff at the start of next season and that would be in tune with the needs of the our proposed new Training Facilities.

Fingers crossed. Are you basing this on any information or just wild speculative hope?