Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

7 hours ago, s11nny said:

Seen that Sidnei Tavers play. Was shocked at how good he was!

He has been training with the first team, so I reckon Rodgers sees him as a big part of our future, wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a cameo appearance before the season is out.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I've not seen him, which is crazy because I watch a lot of development football. What kind of player is he?

He’s like Tielemans. Makes all the right passes, can dribble with the ball, can play a number of positions. 

Most importantly, it’s clear he has a footballing brain and intelligence on the ball. 

• Like 3

Did we buy Tavares from someone or have we developed him from a kid? Seems like he's been here for about at least three years from my Googling. Happy to see Bren getting chummy with him on the other page.

If Bren can take risks on, give chances to and persist with youth like Puel did with Chilwell and Hamza I'll be very happy.

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

I've not seen him, which is crazy because I watch a lot of development football. What kind of player is he?

From what i saw he was so calm and collected in possesion. Takes control of the ball from deep usually and picks out great passes which spur on attacks or create oppourtunites. Never looks like he will loose the ball. Would love to see him pick up the ball higher up the pitch as it would suit him more but thats all down to the teams tactics I guess.

Not u23 players anymore but Hamza and Barnes, along with Maddison and Gray, could feature against France in the England u21s tonight.

A question for another thread but when was the last time we had six players in the senior and u21 national sides combined? Must be a first.

On 17/03/2019 at 05:38, Happy Fox said:

He has been training with the first team, so I reckon Rodgers sees him as a big part of our future, wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a cameo appearance before the season is out.

How do you find out what youth players have been training with the first team? Observation? Good to know the players showing potential.

Sometimes Rodgers like to give the young boys a taste. Other times its to put them in compeition for game time. With Rodgers if your good enough your old enough. I think Raheem Sterling played when he was 18, Thanks.

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

How do you find out what youth players have been training with the first team? Observation? Good to know the players showing potential.

Sometimes Rodgers like to give the young boys a taste. Other times its to put them in compeition for game time. With Rodgers if your good enough your old enough. I think Raheem Sterling played when he was 18, Thanks.

Yes, it's usually via the first team training photos or there are some people on here with direct insight in to stuff like this. What's interesting is up until the reports Tavares was catching the attention of some big clubs in Europe he wasn't even getting a chance for our U23's. However, he was really stepped up his performances for the U18's and is now playing U23's as well as training with the first team, whether this is Rodgers immediately being impressed (he went and saw the FA Youth game the day after he became manager where Tavares was superb) or it's been more gradual i'm not sure.

When we get to playing Euro footy and therefore playing midweek games having quality alternatives for every position will be vital even if it's just as subs.

Fans like settled teams but if you're playing every midweek squad rotation is a must but it needs to be quality players this is what Man City have/are achieving their team changes every week the players accept this and probably most of the fans.

• Like 3