Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League 1 & 2 Thread - 2018/2019

Notts County will be back...may not be next season but they'll be back.

Bristol Rovers, Luton, Lincoln, Doncaster, Tranmere, Oxford all been down there and came back up much better football clubs.

• Like 1

Huge controversy in the Plymouth vs Scunthorpe game, with both needing to win to survive.

Plymouth keeper gets injured; tries to roll ball out for treatment/subbed off but Scunthorpe don't let it go out and end up scoring against the injured keeper to make it 2-2. Very unfair play!

36 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

Get your money on whoever we play in the play-offs to progress. We’re SHITE

Just coming in here to say how bad must league one be. No offence but every time I have watched your games on tv you have been really bad. 

Surely your manager goes in the summer whether you go up or not. If you get promoted you’ll struggle again in the championship, if you don’t go up he should be sacked for failing in doing so. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Just coming in here to say how bad must league one be. No offence but every time I have watched your games on tv you have been really bad. 

Surely your manager goes in the summer whether you go up or not. If you get promoted you’ll struggle again in the championship, if you don’t go up he should be sacked for failing in doing so. 

He should be gone straight after the final whistle. An absolute failure. 

Edited by SAFC1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sol Campbell would be my manager of the season 

Another excellent job from another man usually mocked and that is Wally Downes. Kept Wimbledon up from a seemingly hopeless position.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

So who’s the oldest league club now?

26 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Stoke City. 1863.

Well..... it's a weird one. Even Stoke City, while they were a founding member of the football league, claim on their website: "Some record books say City were founded in 1863, although many details remain sketchy".

So you will see reports that claims it's Stoke while others will claim it's Nottingham Forest.

The one thing I don't get is surely the founding members of the football league are the oldest clubs? For example, Everton have only spent 4 seasons outside of the top flight (unbelievable really) so surely they are oldest because they have played in the league longer than Forest or Stoke (Stoke got relegated out of the league completely and competed in local divisions).

History of clubs is great once you get into it all.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

So who’s the oldest league club now?

On Five Live, Mark Clemmit said that Preston are the only team who will have played every league season, starting next year.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

On Five Live, Mark Clemmit said that Preston are the only team who will have played every league season, starting next year.

This was my point, surely it's a team who've played every season. But surely this applies to Villa and Everton too.

So while I know Forest were founded in 1865 and Stoke 1863 (or as I explained above claim to be) surely the oldest league club is a club that hasn't been out of the league since its formation. Forest, while founded in 1865, weren't founding members. So Preston/Villa/Everton/Blackburn/Derby must be the oldest.

Edited by Fox92

31 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Very bad luck for Plymouth, despite winning today..

19     46 14 8 24 55 68 -13 50
20     46 13 11 22 42 63 -21 50

21     46 13 11 22 56 80 -24 50

Yep..down on GD..caused partly by the beating they had at Accrington last week. But they have been in freecfall for weeks now. Mate supports them so I'm sad to see them down

5 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Thanks for the support lads. Much appreciated :thumbup:

I will now commence with some serious drinking!

Well, only one way up from the basement. Goodluck next season hope you get promoted.

• Thanks 1

Charlton and Doncaster have done well to avoid Portsmouth or Sunderland. The latter will be a great game.

A good job by Robins to get Coventry not just safe but only 7 points off 6th.

Shame for Scunthorpe and Bradford, both of which I don't like to see go down. Pleased that Accrington and Wimbledon stayed up.

Yet again a few big historic clubs in League One again next season.... Portmouth/Sunderland, Ipswich, Bolton, Coventry... It'll also be great to see Lincoln back there.

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Yeovil are now non league as well, remember them in the championship only a few seasons ago. 

Mad to think that just over 5 years ago we played them in the championship. 

We have won the Premier league & played champions league football whilst they have dropped down to non league football.