Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League 1 & 2 Thread - 2018/2019

We’ve averaged over 32,000 at home in the league this season but only shifted 20,000 tickets for the play-off game against Portsmouth on Saturday.. I just don’t get it. Biggest game of the season so far and it’s gonna be our smallest crowd :S £20 for an adult ticket is absolutely fine too. 

Edited by SAFC1

On 06/05/2019 at 19:00, Ozwin said:

Does Lamby still post on here?

He randomly popped into my head earlier but I couldn't for the life of me remember what was so odd about him?

Something to do with dating wasn’t it? 

8 hours ago, SAFC1 said:

We’ve averaged over 32,000 at home in the league this season but only shifted 20,000 tickets for the play-off game against Portsmouth on Saturday.. I just don’t get it. Biggest game of the season so far and it’s gonna be our smallest crowd :S £20 for an adult ticket is absolutely fine too. 

Saturday evening game though on a week's notice. 

the whole local news was about that last night. was well weird. they only went down last year and have been bouncing around them shit league’s being a bit rubbish for like 25 years. 

Won’t be ideal for some but it’s a cracking KO time for me. Should add to the atmosphere, just can’t believe in the biggest game it’ll be the lowest home crowd of the season..

Edited by SAFC1

17 hours ago, SAFC1 said:

Won’t be ideal for some but it’s a cracking KO time for me. Should add to the atmosphere, just can’t believe in the biggest game it’ll be the lowest home crowd of the season..

The games on Saturday are looking good. Villa/WBA, Leeds/Derby and you lot against Portsmouth.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Just remembering the fifty six Bradford fans that died on this day 11th May 1985 when they went to watch their team play against Lincoln city. the loss of football fans who simply went to watch a football match and never came home will never be forgotten.

The video on youtube of it is rather frightening, particularly the speed of which the fire spreads, very sad.

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

Just remembering the fifty six Bradford fans that died on this day 11th May 1985 when they went to watch their team play against Lincoln city. the loss of football fans who simply went to watch a football match and never came home will never be forgotten.

That 56 includes 2 Lincoln City fans. I know the media seem to forget today but people seem to also forget two Lincoln fans went to an away game and din't go home.

2 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

I remember it being a terrible time for football although I was too young to really understand how bad it really was, within the space of a few of months there was the millwall riots at Luton, Leeds/birmingham fans rioting, the Heysel disaster and the Bradford fire.  Football in this country may have never recovered from all that.  Just very tragic and very sad.

I noticed in the list of names that died in the fire, three people called Ormondroyd, including one called Ian, a 12 year old boy. 

The Ian Ormondroyd is from Bradford, so you'd think these people might be relations, but a bit odd to have two children in the same family, born a decade apart sharing the same first name?

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Sunderland vs Portsmouth is a 7:30pm kick off; lets say they finish and set off by 10pm. They aren't getting home till gone 4am. 

Whoever arranged that is brainless.

i mean considering it’s the play offs and there are no 3pm kick offs i think it’s probably the best kick off time for it. it’s not like it’s specifically been moved away from a normal kick off time for tele, they’re all on tele. and there isn’t really a kick off time in the book that makes portsmouth any closer to sunderland. 

at least it’s a saturday night so most people don’t have to take a day off work. 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

i mean considering it’s the play offs and there are no 3pm kick offs i think it’s probably the best kick off time for it. it’s not like it’s specifically been moved away from a normal kick off time for tele, they’re all on tele. and there isn’t really a kick off time in the book that makes portsmouth any closer to sunderland. 

at least it’s a saturday night so most people don’t have to take a day off work. 

Those are all valid reasons for having it at that time, just wanted to rant at the timing of it lol