Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League 1 & 2 Thread - 2018/2019

Ipswich going down to the third tier - I remember their team winning the first division with some lovely football. Bolton joining them - They were in the top league with us too.

Walsall down to the fourth division - the glory days have gone. 

And the biggest surprise for me. Notts County on the verge of non-league football. I've watched them play us in the first division too.

Are there any first time League teams who are going to be promoted from the non-league this year?

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, FIF said:

Ipswich going down to the third tier - I remember their team winning the first division with some lovely football. Bolton joining them - They were in the top league with us too.

Walsall down to the fourth division - the glory days have gone. 

And the biggest surprise for me. Notts County on the verge of non-league football. I've watched them play us in the first division too.

Are there any first time League teams who are going to be promoted from the non-league this year?

Salford,  Solihull,  Fylde, Harrogate and Eastleigh all in play offs. Only Wrexham have been in the league before.

2 hours ago, isaidno said:

Salford,  Solihull,  Fylde, Harrogate and Eastleigh all in play offs. Only Wrexham have been in the league before.

Would be great to see Solihull come up with Flowers in charge, anyone but Salford though really.

Edited by Ted Maul

9 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Would be great to see Solihull come up with Flowers in charge, anyone but Salford though really.

Been to Solihull and Eastleigh. Both absolute dives. Not sure if Harrogate ground will meet league standards 

28 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Been to Solihull and Eastleigh. Both absolute dives. Not sure if Harrogate ground will meet league standards 

Harrogate have done a fair bit to their ground. They will have to rip up a 3G pitch over the summer if they make it. 

I can see one of Salford, Fylde or Wrexham. Wrexham have the form, Salford should do it with their squad and Fylde have a goalscorer/ 

50 minutes ago, Corky said:

Given the fact Luton lost a very influential manager in the middle of the season, plus getting promoted only last season, that is an incredible effort from them.

It sure is, fair play to them.

Reckon their fixtures against Millwall and Stoke, in particular, will be feisty ones for the fans..

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Corky said:

Given the fact Luton lost a very influential manager in the middle of the season, plus getting promoted only last season, that is an incredible effort from them.

Hard to believe now that Notts were battling them for the top spot in League Two, for the first half of last season.

Talk about going in different direction since then.

Credit to them!

Playoff picture in League One:

Portsmouth

Sunderland

Charlton

Doncaster/Peterborough

Would give it to Portsmouth because they've had to work their way back up for so many years, although Sunderland would have a bigger following in the Championship due to stadium size.

Charlton. Meh.

Doncaster and Peterborough. Yikes.

13 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Playoff picture in League One:

Portsmouth

Sunderland

Charlton

Doncaster/Peterborough

Would give it to Portsmouth because they've had to work their way back up for so many years, although Sunderland would have a bigger following in the Championship due to stadium size.

Charlton. Meh.

Doncaster and Peterborough. Yikes.

Charlton are a big club by League 1 standard though.

They'll probably go up on current form.

14 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It sure is, fair play to them.

Reckon their fixtures against Millwall and Stoke, in particular, will be feisty ones for the fans..

The Millwall game, especially at Kenilworth Road, will be a good 'un.

Nothing like 1985, mind lol

10 minutes ago, adam said:

In the Mansfield end today at Mk Don's. Should be a decent afternoon. Mansfield taking over 5k. Impressive. 

As I work in Chesterfield and know a few Spirites all I can say is booooooooooooo!

8 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Dreading tomorrow. 

Really hope County win. As if we haven't got enough big historic clubs in non league already but it'll be very sad to see Notts County join.

• Thanks 1