Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Any tips people, I’ve struggled all weekend league with passes not reaching and my team seemingly too far apart despite 3 depth and 4/5 width on defence and then 5 on attack. Lag had been not letting me hit first time shots at all either. On 10 wins with 8 games left. I’m not great and I’m first to admit it. My team after a year of grinding is amazing, and I really wanted to enjoy it, but alas it’s not been a fun weekend and like @dbtcity, there may be a controller in Sony heaven! 

 

Thanks in advance!! 

I can't really give out tips to anyone, but the ol' changing up your team and formation often seems to get me out of a funk.

 

Taking a break is good too. When I get most of my WL wins it's later on Sunday nights.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

Any tips people, I’ve struggled all weekend league with passes not reaching and my team seemingly too far apart despite 3 depth and 4/5 width on defence and then 5 on attack. Lag had been not letting me hit first time shots at all either. On 10 wins with 8 games left. I’m not great and I’m first to admit it. My team after a year of grinding is amazing, and I really wanted to enjoy it, but alas it’s not been a fun weekend and like @dbtcity, there may be a controller in Sony heaven! 

 

Thanks in advance!! 

Ive used 352 all weekend and it’s been a success, although I had a few of the usual bs eaids games I stopped at 17/5, it offers quite a bit going forward and ends up pretty much being a back 5 with 2 cdms whilst defending, I start off with a 5 atb formation then switch to the 352 in game so I can have Tots Telles and tots Trent on the wings, it’s for me pretty much a mix of 41212 narrow whilst also having wingers! Player instructions I have LM/RM set to drop back, my cdms to stay back with 1 having cut passing lanes then my cam and 2 sts to stay forward.... Also have my custom tactics set to drop back for defence and balanced for attack with a 3 depth and 5 width... not sure it will help out but that’s what I’ve enjoyed using this weekend 

Edited by dbtcity
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulled a blue from one of the 2 rare mega packs I got from Elite 1 in SBs. Colombian CB that looks decent but I'll never use, but was exciting for a second! lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Will1981 said:

I play 41212 (2) with fast build up playing lots of little 1-2's, I also play on 5 depth and press on heavy touch and I am very aggressive when trying to get the ball back I tend to concede quite a lot of goals but also score for fun also, lots of 7-5, 6-4 scores etc.

Thanks dude. I play same formation and will try fast build up. Any tips on instructions? My full backs (Joao Cancelo and Florenzi) seem to always step  up leaving space, despite being set on stay back. I normally do CDM stay back and that’s it. CMs default, CAM is stay forward, both STs get in behind  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Any tips people, I’ve struggled all weekend league with passes not reaching and my team seemingly too far apart despite 3 depth and 4/5 width on defence and then 5 on attack. Lag had been not letting me hit first time shots at all either. On 10 wins with 8 games left. I’m not great and I’m first to admit it. My team after a year of grinding is amazing, and I really wanted to enjoy it, but alas it’s not been a fun weekend and like @dbtcity, there may be a controller in Sony heaven! 

 

Thanks in advance!! 

There are no tips, this game is bollocks. You can do custom tactics for hours and the players will still follow EAs script. It's just about getting lucky most of the time. My players constantly pass the ball to the opposition and my defence are always on the halfway line depth is a hoax.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, 14 wins in the last game. Switched to my calcio team which compared to my “real” team is much weaker (88 vs 92) and won 4 of the last 7... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Thanks dude. I play same formation and will try fast build up. Any tips on instructions? My full backs (Joao Cancelo and Florenzi) seem to always step  up leaving space, despite being set on stay back. I normally do CDM stay back and that’s it. CMs default, CAM is stay forward, both STs get in behind  

I have my full backs set on balanced attack as they provide my width when attacking, my CDM is set to stay back and my CAM is set to stay forward all other player instructions are default.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Any tips people, I’ve struggled all weekend league with passes not reaching and my team seemingly too far apart despite 3 depth and 4/5 width on defence and then 5 on attack. Lag had been not letting me hit first time shots at all either. On 10 wins with 8 games left. I’m not great and I’m first to admit it. My team after a year of grinding is amazing, and I really wanted to enjoy it, but alas it’s not been a fun weekend and like @dbtcity, there may be a controller in Sony heaven! 

 

Thanks in advance!! 

Do you stream or use the internet whilst playing games of Fut.

 

if you run a constant ping to Google.com

you can see how streaming/downloading has an adverse effect on your ping time by increasing latency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2019 at 20:48, spacemunky said:

Can we keep a running count on here of the FUT swap cards? I've never done the 14 before.

 

I have the 2 so far :D

Another in squad battles making 10.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Do you stream or use the internet whilst playing games of Fut.

 

if you run a constant ping to Google.com

you can see how streaming/downloading has an adverse effect on your ping time by increasing latency.

No, nothing else is streaming and my wife was out yesterday, so wasn’t her! ?

 

Maybe its just being realistic and my icons were playing their actual age!! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did 8 of the Ligue 1 81+ SBCs.

 

2 blues: Verratti(who I had so I sold mine) and ST Delort, who looks decent.

 

Happy with that!

 

Of course I got Glik like 5 times lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Div 6 rivals come up against a 95 rated squad. TOTS Ronaldo, Guillit, Van Basten and Maradona. Lose 6-3. Seriously though how do you have such a high rated squad and be in div 6???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Div 6 rivals come up against a 95 rated squad. TOTS Ronaldo, Guillit, Van Basten and Maradona. Lose 6-3. Seriously though how do you have such a high rated squad and be in div 6???

I see the occasional Icon in d7. I do see lots of TOTS though lately.

 

I'm sure people see my squad with PIM Lineker and TOTS Sancho and TAA and wonder why I am in d7 lol

 

In my defense, I did the Lineker SBC, got lucky and packed Sancho and got TAA from WL rewards. And..... I'm sh*t at the game :D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Div 6 rivals come up against a 95 rated squad. TOTS Ronaldo, Guillit, Van Basten and Maradona. Lose 6-3. Seriously though how do you have such a high rated squad and be in div 6???

There are several explanations.

 

People getting relegated from higher divisions on purpose in order to complete Weekly Objectives easier/faster.

People who have inherited those squads from other players.

People who have just recently started playing the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

There are several explanations.

 

People getting relegated from higher divisions on purpose in order to complete Weekly Objectives easier/faster.

People who have inherited those squads from other players.

People who have just recently started playing the game.

All sounds a bit crap to me. I just play the game (as frustrating and broken) how it is. Ive never wanted to get relegated just to complete an objective.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I see the occasional Icon in d7. I do see lots of TOTS though lately.

 

I'm sure people see my squad with PIM Lineker and TOTS Sancho and TAA and wonder why I am in d7 lol

 

In my defense, I did the Lineker SBC, got lucky and packed Sancho and got TAA from WL rewards. And..... I'm sh*t at the game :D

Im in Div 6. Never gone down to 7. Quite often get promoted to 5 but that lasts 3 games before im relegated again. It happens every week. Now when i get promoted i let my 6 year old son play until i go down ?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

There are several explanations.

 

People getting relegated from higher divisions on purpose in order to complete Weekly Objectives easier/faster.

People who have inherited those squads from other players.

People who have just recently started playing the game.

You forgot people who use their credit cards... 

Or people who just play WL and therefore don't get promoted or relegated

Edited by HoustonFox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Did 8 of the Ligue 1 81+ SBCs.

 

2 blues: Verratti(who I had so I sold mine) and ST Delort, who looks decent.

 

Happy with that!

 

Of course I got Glik like 5 times lol

Now you got me tempted... I have loads of rare gold Ligue 1 - I stockpiled ages ago. I just know I'll get nothing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

You forgot people who use their credit cards... 

Or people who just play WL and therefore don't get promoted or relegated

Yes, but @Thefox81 was referring to playing in Division Rivals, so... You can't play people in Division Rivals who aren't playing in Division Rivals. :D

 

The credit card argument may apply, but there's plenty of people who only have one squad, that one squad and hence are focusing all their efforts on pimping it all the way.

With enough time and patience, it does not require extra money at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Now you got me tempted... I have loads of rare gold Ligue 1 - I stockpiled ages ago. I just know I'll get nothing!

Just watched NepentheZ open 4 of them and that bastard got Lala and Mbappe!

 

:@

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I see the occasional Icon in d7. I do see lots of TOTS though lately.

 

I'm sure people see my squad with PIM Lineker and TOTS Sancho and TAA and wonder why I am in d7 lol

 

In my defense, I did the Lineker SBC, got lucky and packed Sancho and got TAA from WL rewards. And..... I'm sh*t at the game :D

I played someone in div 7 over the weekend.

 

Sol Campbell 

Gerrard

And 1 other icon can't remember who up front. I guess you can buy packs and trade to get icons. Doesn't make you any good at the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Yes, but @Thefox81 was referring to playing in Division Rivals, so... You can't play people in Division Rivals who aren't playing in Division Rivals. :D

 

The credit card argument may apply, but there's plenty of people who only have one squad, that one squad and hence are focusing all their efforts on pimping it all the way.

With enough time and patience, it does not require extra money at all.

Well, they could as they may play the min... but yeah! LOL 

 

5 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Just watched NepentheZ open 4 of them and that bastard got Lala and Mbappe!

 

:@

Stop it! I just sold 38 ligue 1 players (30 rare and 8 normal) for 108k. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...