Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Peru vs Denmark - 16th June - Match Thread

Denmark shithousing their way to a narrow 1-0 win. Nevertheless, congrats!

@shen's now probably down to his last nerve. lol

Peru were more active, and had the better chances. Played the much more attractive football. Denmark lacked intensity and attacking flair, I'm not sure if they can make it to the knockout stages.

Carrillo grandios on the right, liked Guerrero when he came on. But my MOTM goes to Advincula - beast.

Happy for Schmeichel, some big saves towards the end.

Edited by MC Prussian

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Denmark shithousing their way to a narrow 1-0 win. Nevertheless, congrats!

@shen's now probably down to his last nerve. lol

Peru were more active, and had the better chances. Played the much more attractive football. Denmark lacked intensity and attacking flair, I'm not sure if they can make it to the knockout stages.

Carrillo grandios on the right, liked Guerrero when he came on. But my MOTM goes to Advincula - best.

It wasn't pretty. Maybe it was nerves. Much has been made of Peru not being there for 36 years, but there are only three players in the Danish squad that have been to a World Cup before, so it was new for them too.

They desperately need to show more intensitee (Puel style) in the next couple of games though if they want to beat Australia.

2 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Denmark centre forward was woeful... pleased for Kasper though

Yeah, he works hard enough, but he doesn't offer enough for me and hasn't for a while. Would prefer Dolberg.

14 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I'm sorry but with the exception of Kasper, Denmark were thoroughly unimpressive.

Peru's finishing was poor, but for endeavour and the way they moved the ball, they were by far the better side.

That's right out the Spurs book of analysis. Denmark didn't get going much, but took one of their few chances. Peru for all their endeavour didn't have the composure or ability to do so. I'd say Denmark were the more efficient, and in the end got the result, so I know who's happier. Peru won't go far if they can't score.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

That's right out the Spurs book of analysis. Denmark didn't get going much, but took one of their few chances. Peru for all their endeavour didn't have the composure or ability to do so. I'd say Denmark were the more efficient, and in the end got the result, so I know who's happier. Peru won't go far if they can't score.

If it was right out of the Spurs book of analysis I'd say that their finishing was top class but the pesky defence and goalie had the audacity to not roll over and let them score! :P

Peru only have themselves to blame and I not disputing the fact that they need to score goals to progress. But equally, though they eked out the win, Denmark were very underwhelming.

9 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

If it was right out of the Spurs book of analysis I'd say that their finishing was top class but the pesky defence and goalie had the audacity to not roll over and let them score! :P

Peru only have themselves to blame and I not disputing the fact that they need to score goals to progress. But equally, though they eked out the win, Denmark were very underwhelming.

Winning when you're playing shite is the sign of champions :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Nobody is pretending Denmark played well. It seems I was on to something re: world cup nerves, as a couple of players have mentioned it as a possible reason for the poor performance on the ball. This was marked as the key match. But Denmark have developed a dogged resolve and there was some brilliant defending at times. That's 15 games unbeaten and five consecutive clean sheets and three points in the bank. Expecting much more attractive performances against Australia and France.

Also, can't help but being smitten by the Peruvian fans. The Danish players were affected by their loud support and said it was like playing an away game. It seemed to boost the Peru players too. Wishing them the best of luck against the French and Australians. Pro tip: put on your shooting boots!

1 minute ago, shen said:

Also, can't help but being smitten by the Peruvian fans. The Danish players were affected by their loud support and said it was like playing an away game. It seemed to boost the Peru players too. Wishing them the best of luck against the French and Australians. Pro tip: put on your shooting boots!

they made some fantastic noise. They're one of the best-travelled fans at the tournament too in terms of numbers. 

Shame they didn't score as it would have taken the proverbial roof off the stadium! They made a hell of a noise just when Guerrero came on.

• Like 1