Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Germany vs Sweden - Match Thread (23 June, 7pm)

Just now, Finnegan said:

There wasn't a joke you just seemed to miss the point. 

I said I'm fully aware if you're cheering against Germany it's obviously going to be fun and I get why the English want them to lose, of course, no problem. 

Just as a pure neutral it's not an interesting game. 

Sweden have had a couple of half breaks that they've butchered and it's otherwise been camped in their half watching Germany pass it around. Its exactly the sort of match people complained about Spain having for years. 

The Mexico game was brilliant, I loved it, Mexico were really exciting on the break, they fizzed whenever they came forward, flying all over the place. Sweden are just boring and dire. 

Then whoosh on you because I'm making the point that it is an interesting game for the neutral, it's only not an interesting game from the point of view of someone hoping Germany will win.

I bet you think it's interesting now though lol 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

There wasn't a joke you just seemed to miss the point. 

I said I'm fully aware if you're cheering against Germany it's obviously going to be fun and I get why the English want them to lose, of course, no problem. 

Just as a pure neutral it's not an interesting game. 

Sweden have had a couple of half breaks that they've butchered and it's otherwise been camped in their half watching Germany pass it around. Its exactly the sort of match people complained about Spain having for years. 

The Mexico game was brilliant, I loved it, Mexico were really exciting on the break, they fizzed whenever they came forward, flying all over the place. Sweden are just boring and dire. 

Sweden were boring and dire at 0-0. The goal made no difference. That German goal will make no difference either. They will keep playing the same way 

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Then whoosh on you because I'm making the point that it is an interesting game for the neutral, it's only not an interesting game from the point of view of someone hoping Germany will win.

I bet you think it's interesting now though lol 

I thought you were being sarcastic tbf so fair play. 

Didn't think you'd actually think it was exciting. Didn't think anyone would tbf. 

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Is it still a s**t game?

Yeah. If that gives Germany more hope and they get a second, given Sweden realistically need a result because Germany aren't failing to beat Korea, it'll get good because Sweden can't just try and bore their way through

13 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

which is...

have a bit of special alone time before each match lol 

10 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Evra especially is the worst pundit I've seen, he's only on there for his banter.

agreed. i don't find him funny in the slightest.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I thought you were being sarcastic tbf so fair play. 

Didn't think you'd actually think it was exciting. Didn't think anyone would tbf. 

For once I wasn't.  You're still not understanding where I'm coming from though: I'm not claiming it's been especially exciting, I was just disputing the claim about it being a dull match, there's lots of space in-between.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

For once I wasn't.  You're still not understanding where I'm coming from though: I'm not claiming it's been especially exciting, I was just disputing the claim about it being a dull match, there's lots of space in-between.

You lost? 

• Haha 1