Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez replacements

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's on the decline, genuinely don't know how West Ham will fit all these lot in? We should go and get Antonio off them.

Antonio would fit in really well here I reckon, not as creative as Riyad and can be a bit bull-in-a-China shop at times but he's a goal threat. Signed a four yearer last summer, mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Given the transfer money received for Mahrez, it wouldn’t make sense to publicily say you are in the market for a player. You’d have every club asking for silly amounts then 

i agree.. we still aint signing anyone though lol 

if puel does not sign a class act to replace mahrez he needs to be shown the door now, with a class act like maddison he needs to have a player who can finish off his great ball playing. for the life of me it is a no brainer that we need another center half and a class winger, what the hell is the club waiting for. or will we continue to play duds like gray and allbrighton, even though allbrighton is a work horse. gray is a hack and diabate is not up to EPL standard yet.

3 minutes ago, bpfox said:

if puel does not sign a class act to replace mahrez he needs to be shown the door now, with a class act like maddison he needs to have a player who can finish off his great ball playing. for the life of me it is a no brainer that we need another center half and a class winger, what the hell is the club waiting for. or will we continue to play duds like gray and allbrighton, even though allbrighton is a work horse. gray is a hack and diabate is not up to EPL standard yet.

And if it's not down to him then he should still get the boot? I'm sure he'd like loads of world class players

3 minutes ago, bpfox said:

Pretty sure Puel wants a quality replacement. Can't really use the potential failings of our transfer/scouting team as a stick to beat him with.

1 hour ago, bpfox said:

You do realise that it's not Puel in charge of scouting and buying players? He might have some input if there specific targets he'd like, doesn't mean the club will go and buy them. If you don't think he wants to replace Mahrez with an amazing player you're deluded. No manager alive doesn't want better players at the club.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You do realise that it's not Puel in charge of scouting and buying players? He might have some input if there specific targets he'd like, doesn't mean the club will go and buy them. If you don't think he wants to replace Mahrez with an amazing player you're deluded. No manager alive doesn't want better players at the club.

I find it very strange that our club wouldn't want to make a statement of intent and make more signings. In which case I do think it's Puel telling them he doesn't need a replacement and is more focused on trimming the squad (a good thing) and working with what's he's got. This will be catastrophic for Puel though as the fans are already against him and it'll be on the verge of turning toxic as soon as the season starts and we aren't performing miracles. Perhaps he wants the sack and another pay off, you've got to think it crosses some managers minds. Our owners and directors surely need to be savvy to what's going on though, if and when he gets the boot we'll have 4 months until the window opens and 2 wingers as any other manager will have one look at Diabate and be sick.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I find it very strange that our club wouldn't want to make a statement of intent and make more signings. In which case I do think it's Puel telling them he doesn't need a replacement and is more focused on trimming the squad (a good thing) and working with what's he's got. This will be catastrophic for Puel though as the fans are already against him and it'll be on the verge of turning toxic as soon as the season starts and we aren't performing miracles. Perhaps he wants the sack and another pay off, you've got to think it crosses some managers minds. Our owners and directors surely need to be savvy to what's going on though, if and when he gets the boot we'll have 4 months until the window opens and 2 wingers as any other manager will have one look at Diabate and be sick.

Or as Abrasive said, we need to shift players to be able to sign someone, I didn't think it would stop us signing a Mahrez replacement as we'd just shift them on later. But perhaps it is that bad.

albrighton, Ricardo, Maddison and Iheanacho will deliver more assists and goals than Mahrez. We don't NEED a replacement. We should only get one that is a clear upgrade for the squad.

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

albrighton, Ricardo, Maddison and Iheanacho will deliver more assists and goals than Mahrez. We don't NEED a replacement. We should only get one that is a clear upgrade for the squad.

We won't find a direct replacement anyway so that narrative need to die asap. We do need need a creative player though. Albrighton is a work horse, not a creator. His assist mainly consist of crosses into the box, not through balls or dribbling past players.

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

They may well and that's the plan as Puel has already said, spread the work like. It doesn't hide the fact that we actually only have three wingers and one of them is exceptionally raw.

• Like 1

Agree we don't necessarily need a direct replacement for Riyad, largely because anyone would struggle to replace him. But we do need to replace at least some of his creativity. We were struggling to create even with Riyad in the side last season. We currently have Maddison and that's it.