Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Scottish Football Quiz

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I just completed this quiz.

• My Score
    100/100
  • My Time
    73 seconds

That's what we like to see - immigrants integrating into the local community.

First Minister Sturgeon will be around directly with your Scottish Citizenship, Vacamion clan tartan and free deep-fried Mars bar.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

That's what we like to see - immigrants integrating into the local community.

First Minister Sturgeon will be around directly with your Scottish Citizenship, Vacamion clan tartan and free deep-fried Mars bar.

lol 

I may be a fat English twunt, but I'd like to think I've watched enough substandard "fitba" at enough godforsaken crumbling hellhole stadia around Scotland to be able to answer a quiz about it....

:P

Looking forward telling wee Nic how to run the country, though....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

lol 

I may be a fat English twunt, but I'd like to think I've watched enough substandard "fitba" at enough godforsaken crumbling hellhole stadia around Scotland to be able to answer a quiz about it....

:P

Looking forward telling wee Nic how to run the country, though....

I've been to a grand total of 3 Scottish matches, all in the 80s, I think:

- A Dundee derby match, when British Rail (remember them) had a ridiculous special offer to go anywhere in the country for £12 return. Can't remember the match well, probably due to drinking afterwards. Was a 1-1 draw, I think.

- A dire goalless draw between Airdrie and Hibs, possibly the worst match I've ever seen. A mass of lads went up for a weekend in Glasgow (good fun) and a Scottish match (not such fun).

- A Scottish FA Cup qualifier: Brora Rangers 2, Buckie Thistle 3. I had hitched to John O'Groats and was wandering around northern Scotland. A classic, pulsating cup tie featuring one of the best goals I've ever seen live - Brora guy jinked in from the wing and fired a curling blaster into the far top corner from out towards the touchline. In the club shop afterwards, when they heard I was English and had turned up on spec, they gave me a glass of malt and a Brora pennant....which was nice of them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I've been to a grand total of 3 Scottish matches, all in the 80s, I think:

- A Dundee derby match, when British Rail (remember them) had a ridiculous special offer to go anywhere in the country for £12 return. Can't remember the match well, probably due to drinking afterwards. Was a 1-1 draw, I think.

- A dire goalless draw between Airdrie and Hibs, possibly the worst match I've ever seen. A mass of lads went up for a weekend in Glasgow (good fun) and a Scottish match (not such fun).

- A Scottish FA Cup qualifier: Brora Rangers 2, Buckie Thistle 3. I had hitched to John O'Groats and was wandering around northern Scotland. A classic, pulsating cup tie featuring one of the best goals I've ever seen live - Brora guy jinked in from the wing and fired a curling blaster into the far top corner from out towards the touchline. In the club shop afterwards, when they heard I was English and had turned up on spec, they gave me a glass of malt and a Brora pennant....which was nice of them.

And you chose Dundee Alf? 

Serious lack of judgement right there. :D

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

And you chose Dundee Alf? 

Serious lack of judgement right there. :D

Well, the Dundee derby match was on that weekend (back in the days when you could just turn up and get a ticket on the gate) and I thought that I'd probably never go to Dundee any other time....and I never have.

I had a disappointing first experience with Scottish football that I forgot to mention. When I was about 8, we'd gone on a family holiday to Ireland via the Stranraer-Larne ferry - so Stranraer became my Scottish team.

3-4 years later, as a Shoot subscriber, imagine my joy when I saw an ad offering to supply lapel badges for any team in the English or Scottish leagues. Of course, I sent off to order a Stranraer badge.

They wrote back to say that they didn't supply Stranraer badges - the first of many great disillusionments in life. I should have sued the bastards under the Trade Descriptions Act.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

Well, the Dundee derby match was on that weekend (back in the days when you could just turn up and get a ticket on the gate) and I thought that I'd probably never go to Dundee any other time....and I never have.

I had a disappointing first experience with Scottish football that I forgot to mention. When I was about 8, we'd gone on a family holiday to Ireland via the Stranraer-Larne ferry - so Stranraer became my Scottish team.

3-4 years later, as a Shoot subscriber, imagine my joy when I saw an ad offering to supply lapel badges for any team in the English or Scottish leagues. Of course, I sent off to order a Stranraer badge.

They wrote back to say that they didn't supply Stranraer badges - the first of many great disillusionments in life. I should have sued the bastards under the Trade Descriptions Act.

I lived an hour and a quarter away in Aberdeen. I went there ice skating once and never returned. Drove through it a lot though.

It reminded me of Stoke in the late 80's (regardless of the actual decade at the time)

Just now, Max Wall said:

I lived an hour and a quarter away in Aberdeen. I went there ice skating once and never returned. Drove through it a lot though.

It reminded me of Stoke in the late 80's (regardless of the actual decade at the time)

I went to Stoke in the late 80s - not to a match, just ended up there while hitch-hiking.

It seemed to me that it was the worst place I'd ever been - and I've not been to many worse places since. 

If Dundee was truly that bad, I get your point. I just arrived, went to the match, went to a few pubs to neck a few pints of heavy, then jumped on a train to Edinburgh for the night, so probably missed the worst of it.

• Like 1