Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mehrez

Söyüncü Signs

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It was good business if 2 out of 3 of them become a success but you run the risk of severely pissing them off by not giving them a game. It must be quite insulting as well when the current defenders being picked are shipping goals, making howlers and generally being liabilities. Puel has so far failed to make us remotely sound defensively, bizarre for a manager with a pragmatic reputation. 

Neither...you, I...nor...all the emojis on all  the football forums...know what was promised,expected of planned for the CBs we invested in.

fans assume...way too much,then start hollering,when their own ideas are not forfilled.. 

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It was good business if 2 out of 3 of them become a success but you run the risk of severely pissing them off by not giving them a game. It must be quite insulting as well when the current defenders being picked are shipping goals, making howlers and generally being liabilities. Puel has so far failed to make us remotely sound defensively, bizarre for a manager with a pragmatic reputation. 

I think they will all be a success and what a great position to be in.  Soyuncu will get his chance soon and then we will see if that fee is justified ...  but at the moment if the press is to be believed he has to master some rudiments of English and get some match fitness.  Like I said its Evans that should be in there now and doing his stuff ...   but as we know he isn't fully match fit and needs to get up to speed as soon as. 

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Neither...you, I...nor...all the emojis on all  the football forums...know what was promised,expected of planned for the CBs we invested in.

fans assume...way too much,then start hollering,when their own ideas are not forfilled.. 

Well Said!

Why on here do we attack attack players? Far to quick to judge without any proof or backing . Give the lad a chance and see how he get on . We are in no crisis 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I think they will all be a success and what a great position to be in.  Soyuncu will get his chance soon and then we will see if that fee is justified ...  but at the moment if the press is to be believed he has to master some rudiments of English and get some match fitness.  Like I said its Evans that should be in there now and doing his stuff ...   but as we know he isn't fully match fit and needs to get up to speed as soon as. 

On your points about Evans, is he any quicker than Wes or Harry?

26 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Puel had no say in the signing of him, Evans or Benkovic - all Macia.

After he badgered them all summer to sign Ghezzal when they thought the priority should be defence - They basically stopped listening to him.

Its a similar situation to Jakupovic and Shakespeare. Managers dont respond well to being given players they havent asked for.

I wonder if Puel wasn't so worried about the defense as he was hoping Johnson or Knight would be able to make the step up to first team football (Any news on loans for any U23s in January btw). When you consider our best U23 players are defenders it makes sense to buy one CB and give the other spots to the youngsters instead of going overkill on buying 3, one of which couldn't get in a relegated team and is 30 so wont improve anymore (Yes Evans was a cheap transfer but how much are we spending on wages,could be another Benalouane situation).

Still, Benkovic is getting good reviews at Celtic and Soyuncu has age on his side, if Morgan leaves next year and Maguire goes to a top team then these two could be our starters with Evans first choice backup and Johnson getting cup game apperances if we don't send him out on loan. Looking at it in regards to next summer and it makes sense, still think we need a quick winger for the right side as Ghezzal has some decent dribbling ability but i'm not sure he will be quick enough to get away from premier league defenders to maximise his skills.

23 minutes ago, leicestercityrepresent said:

Well Said!

Why on here do we attack attack players? Far to quick to judge without any proof or backing . Give the lad a chance and see how he get on . We are in no crisis 

Welcome to the.... " Schlauerer-brotherhood"...:)

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Tbf I think it was good business ...   Huth is out of it and Morgan is definitely on a downward slope .. a good squad player but should not now be first choice.  Maguire seems to want to stay but lets not count our chickens.  Evans is slightly disappointing but has been hampered on reaching full fitness. I've no idea how good these 2 new CB's are but if they are as good as we have been led to believe then they are our future.  One it getting valuable experience (and when that decision was made we did seem to have plenty of cover) and the other, apparently is learning basic English ...   he will then have to gain match fitness.   Our defence was always a problem and our ageing back line had to be totally overhauled.  We must be looking to at least try 3 at the back at some point and it is then just a question of getting the right combination.   I'm pleased with our recruitment and planning but admit we have had a few knock backs which haven't helped.

The bigger problem with Evans is surely that we have tried to accommodate him on the right side of the defence when he is better suited to the left 

37 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

After he badgered them all summer to sign Ghezzal when they thought the priority should be defence - They basically stopped listening to him.

Its a similar situation to Jakupovic and Shakespeare. Managers dont respond well to being given players they havent asked for.

There's a lot to be alarmed out in what you're saying here. A) Puel didn't think the defence needed as much surgery as Macia and perhaps Rudkin in which case he's a deluded prat and B) Macia and perhaps Rudkin didn't think it was a priority to bring in more attacking and creative options than just Maddison to replace Mahrez. A manager, DOF and recruitment director have to work in unison together, surely Puel's days are numbered if he refuses to play the players he's been provided or if he feels let down by the club for not getting the players he wants in the positions he wants?

Out of interest, who did Shakespeare want bringing in to replace Zieler? Was he happy with just Hamer or was there someone else that we didn't get in favour of Jakupovic? Jak certainly didn't get much more joy under Puel.

28 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Of course we don't know this but serious questions have got to be asked if 80-90% of your summer recruitment are not being used in the first team so far, Puel was supposedly changing the style of this club and bringing in his own players this summer but so far these players, who we are now being told might not be wanted by him aren't getting a chance.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Supposed...nothing, you can't bet into football,if you believe that....

new signing are usually doing mix n pik!!!   Always 1-2 you sign for the next seasons,not the immediate...

but your last sentences do run to expectations,Maguire and team IMO does need a new CB partner......

leaning on Wes was/is worth a punt......but by the EOS  we should see a new pairing,with WES being phased out

And A cup in his hand....:scarf:

This red, he could of got  this 10 or 2 yrs ago...CBs and refs...!!  Love Inconsistency

Some city fans shooting too high....!

It's hard work trying to get the jist of this but I'll give it a go.

I think it was obvious from the end of last season that the defence needed surgery with the loss of Huth and Wes into the twilight of his career.   We spent £60+ million on four new defenders, only one of which is in the team and playing as a winger.  I call that pretty disastrous, especially given proven premier league experience was available in Gibson and Mawson and also cheaper.

I can live with Benkovic being the one for the future, but two?  With a combined fee of £35m?  You think we can afford to just sit on tens of millions of worth of talent?  I don't think so.  Something is very wrong.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

As both an astute businessman and self-made billionaire, I am surprised Vichai as not enquired of the recruitment team, Macia, Rudkin, and Puel why do I keep signing cheques for players that either a) - not ready or b) - simply not good enough to improve the squad. 

In our Chairman's position, I would be holding the  'Mother of all stewards' on this very subject.   Shelling out 31M on two CB's, only to find out one cannot communicate with his team-mates and the other has been farmed out to a league that is on par with Screwfix Northern Combination, must be very confusing to such a successful man.  Even more so after last Saturday's result.

It has certainly confused me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

As both an astute businessman and self-made billionaire, I am surprised Vichai as not enquired of the recruitment team, Macia, Rudkin, and Puel why do I keep signing cheques for players that either a) - not ready or b) - simply not good enough to improve the squad. 

In our Chairman's position, I would be holding the  'Mother of all stewards' on this very subject.   Shelling out 31M on two CB's, only to find out one cannot communicate with his team-mates and the other has been farmed out to a league that is on par with Screwfix Northern Combination, must be very confusing to such a successful man.  Even more so after last Saturday's result.

It has certainly confused me.

:D

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's a lot to be alarmed out in what you're saying here. A) Puel didn't think the defence needed as much surgery as Macia and perhaps Rudkin in which case he's a deluded prat and B) Macia and perhaps Rudkin didn't think it was a priority to bring in more attacking and creative options than just Maddison to replace Mahrez. A manager, DOF and recruitment director have to work in unison together, surely Puel's days are numbered if he refuses to play the players he's been provided or if he feels let down by the club for not getting the players he wants in the positions he wants?

Out of interest, who did Shakespeare want bringing in to replace Zieler? Was he happy with just Hamer or was there someone else that we didn't get in favour of Jakupovic? Jak certainly didn't get much more joy under Puel.

Of course we don't know this but serious questions have got to be asked if 80-90% of your summer recruitment are not being used in the first team so far, Puel was supposedly changing the style of this club and bringing in his own players this summer but so far these players, who we are now being told might not be wanted by him aren't getting a chance.

Time and patience......

I reckon Evans knock or injury problems,put a mock on the plans...

Soyuncu...just my opinion, is just sit and wait a bit.

Unlike some,I reckon Puel also is still,taking a look see on the variants.plus when you come in,not yet knowing who you can trust,

You lean on and use your achieving experienced  players,Schmeichel,Albrighton,Fuchs,Morgan,Vardy...

Doesn't mean,you will automatically use them,but will give them preference support.

Puel confirmed such,when he mentioned Huth..hoping he could still play,but found out his injury(ies) wouldn't allow him to get up to

PL rhythms again.. James,not his boy,but has been mentioned in dispatches,so still worth a look.

Had a long look at legend Andy King,and Simpson,decided they can now be replaced with new faces within squad.(choices had to be made)

Buys were not all (if any) his choices...that's today's football,where managers are still having to get used to...

He recognised he would be sweeping a few out,but last season,opened the doors to last chance saloon...Some stayed under the bar!!

He hinted he would prefer to fetch youth,and encourage youth from within...To me he's slowly succeeding...Some will take longer

than others. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted,even expected Nacho,to show consistent form at a slightly higher quality...

but saying that,should give him time....This is really the 1st season he's been really let loose...

He's got Albrighton who gives him honest games or cover.I

He's got a mis-firing talent on whom many expected more form..in Ndidi.

He decided,after game time for 3-5 possibilties,that he would give Mendy the first trust in a decent run of games. 

He wasn't and isn't wrong in giving Amartey that right hand side of defence,knowing it's just a start!!!

On the CBs he was probably told and not asked,who stays and who goes out on loan...

Though it will be his choice..when it comes to choosing the CB partnering Maguire,short and long time in mind!!

Part of me wants to point at Fabinho and Robertson at Liverpool - and perhaps Albrighton for us - and make the case for players being introduced slowly, but for him to only make the bench once in the cup and have played no minutes at all is odd. I'd be hugely surprised if the language thing was the real issue, he went straight into the Freiburg team after signing there so he can't be that bad at adapting to new languages/teams/cultures.

Granted, he only arrived on deadline day and apparently had a knock about that time but Puel reckoned he was "fit and ready" in mid September and it'd be nice to see some evidence of that. If he's not in the squad during Wes' suspension then I think we can officially start to worry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, murphy said:

It's hard work trying to get the jist of this but I'll give it a go.

I think it was obvious from the end of last season that the defence needed surgery with the loss of Huth and Wes into the twilight of his career.   We spent £60+ million on four new defenders, only one of which is in the team and playing as a winger.  I call that pretty disastrous, especially given proven premier league experience was available in Gibson and Mawson and also cheaper.

I can live with Benkovic being the one for the future, but two?  With a combined fee of £35m?  You think we can afford to just sit on tens of millions of worth of talent?  I don't think so.  Something is very wrong.

All down to how the various fans perceive what's going on,plus the little things that need covering and immediate attention.

Now..our squad is what it is,and Puel has the task to show that we can develops and evolve..Not chase top 4..

Howe's and Bournemouth have had 3 seasons to grow, while we were squandering 2 season after title with damn silly

Chest thumping from Ranieri,being Italian!!...Then trying to save the good  old days with Shakespeare...

We blew it..we fked all our gained advantages up,we killed the parrot,we carried on flogging a dead horse,not recognising,somebody

Had already carried away....Monty python,was writing the script....

A totally new platform and new perspective,with a move on past ethos,had to be taken on!!!!

Fans hoping money would be thrown around for all positions....No...no our owners said forget that shite...!!

They come up with Puel...I bet he told them ok,but it's a job for the long haul,with first testing who I still want,and who you want,with

long contracts..but first ,get the club safe,then see if we can hold top half.

This season..rebuild,take the twists and turns of budding youth and mixing with the experience,obviously no fixed team-selection,no promise

of a smooth path...Though certain expectation have to be met..

This is where fans will differ,some over ambitious,others fair bit still high expectations,and others like me,patient and sit and wait a little,enjoying the bad and the good...

if it goes tits up,or he succeeds in procuring a decent era and period we can be proud of....none of us will be right of wrong,because football

Doesn't give trophies for assumptions,nor presumptions...because the perception of success is a forever moving inconsistent line!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Deary me.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Just a joke.   You must admit you have rather a ,,,err...  unique style.

When you're smiling the whole world smiles with you as they say

Yup,I had teachers who told me my grammar was lousy,but taught me ...you should use English in forms and tangents,even abuse it!!

my poetry and verse...top grade, so I play with languages,especially my own....it's melancholic,but then blooms out and

plays with the rhythme of classic which easily merges with punk and rock, using the dialect and tones of the irish/welsh/Scots

Beautifully....

Some old tweed farts stay....in the fourth form and control the commas and punctuation...

Me I am the Picasso,I create and treat the language of shakespeare with verse that throws out an array of diverse waves that bounce

around and suprise pleasantly the laws of the spectrum itself...:bounce:..:jump:....my intellect keeps me..well :celebrate:..:frantics:

Foxestalk is the hypocritical bible...because the supposed experts,use of English is old hat and often even incorrect,when trying to correct

Others...where the others just want social media so they can just communicate,and not an application for mensa!!

Has for our boys in blue and Puel...they need patience and time,if it implodes..by all means attack,but I only see progress,slow development

where one does occasionally 1 forward and 2 back..it's part of the nature of the beast when giving youth and potential their reigns...

Even Maddison is still an uncontrolled entity..that is still finding its  way..

Edited by fuchsntf

20 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yup,I had teachers who told me my grammar was lousy,but taught me ...you should use English in forms and tangents,even abuse it!!

my poetry and verse...top grade, so I play with languages,especially my own....it's meloncholic,but then blooms out and

plays with the rythme of classic which easily merges with punk and rock, using the dialect and tones of the irish/welsh/Scots

Beautifully....

Some old tweed farts stay....in the fourth form and control the commas and punctuation...

Me I am the Piccasso,I create and treat the language of shakespeare with verse that throws out an array of diverse waves that bounce

around and suprise pleasantly the laws of the spectrum itself...:bounce:..:jump:....my intellect keeps me..well :celebrate:..:frantics:

Foxestalk is the hypocritical bible...because the supposed experts,use of English is old hat and often even incorrect,when trying to correct

Others...where the others just want social media so they can just communicate,and not an application for mensa!!

Has for our boys in blue and Puel...they need patience and time,if it implodes..by all means attack,but I only see progress,slow development

where one does occasionally 1 forward and 2 back..it's part of the nature of the beast when giving youth and potential their reigns...

Even Maddison is still an uncontrolled entity..that is still finding its  way..

You spelled Melancholic, rhythm and Picasso wrong.

download.jpeg.e9470e9e11814ffd756347773ba431b5.jpeg

Edited by murphy

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

Just testing...:teehee:

Seriously recognised it straight away...my  new Tablet is throwing out my corrections and even correct spellings...

I am fighting with my settings,saying confirmed then ignoring them...

So...put a toad in my bath,send in Rachel to find it,and then  excuse me officer murphy:rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, murphy said: