Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mehrez

Söyüncü Signs

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Who knows ...   but it seemed unusual to me for the Mercury to print that ...   quite telling i thought.

I haven't seen him play so cannot give a personal opinion one way or the other.

I know it’s very early for a young player from abroad struggling with language problems and probably a host of settling in issues, but the initial signs don’t seem very promising. Turkey are playing tomorrow I believe so perhaps we’ll get a glimpse of him then.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Read in the Mercury today ...  which I found surprising ..   that he hasn't impressed in the U23's ...      :(

Do not believe everything you read in the Mercury.  I watched two games and he was ok.  Put better players around him and instill confidence in him and job done. He plays International Football ffs. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

We spent £12m on a reserve keeper we didn't even need, so I wouldn't be so sure. 

What people also need to remember is that we also bought a CB earlier than we needed him, because we clearly thought there was a chance Maguire might go. Benkovic pretty much admitted as much. So we've got players in for the long term in mind as Wes and Benny will most probably leave in the summer. 

I'm not sure why people are so desperate to see there being something untoward. We have a manager that trusts and promotes youth, but he's not just going to chuck them all in the deep end at the same time, the squad is already very young. It's quite feasible that he just thinks he'd rather give Soyuncu time to bed in to the squad and the country, learn the ropes, learn some of the language and play the lad when he thinks the time is right.

What's the rush? We're top 10, we were top 10 last season. For all the bluster about him, Wes has been fine in the main and even if he's out we have Evans who can step in. There is absolutely no need to go chucking people in if you think in the long term there will be more benefit giving them time. 

Doing what he's doing and then introducing the younger lads further into the season if we're looking comfortable makes perfect sense if you can do it. Many teams aren't in the position to, that's why it looks odd. Liverpool are taking their time to introduce Keita and Fabinho, the latter cost two or three times the amount and he's barely kicked a ball. He's said that he's working on getting used to their style as it different to Monaco, just as ours differs from Frieburg. 

OK, that's a fair comment, I think it comes down to what the club's expectations were for this transfer which we cannot know.  You think that everything is OK and on track for a gradual integration into the team and we have adequate cover in the meantime.  You could be right. 

I think that the he was bought to play straight away.  The reason I say that is down to the fact that he is an international, his transfer fee was a club record for a CB, we bought a 'prospect' in Benkovic and we have issues at centre half going back into last season that needed addressing in the short term as well as the long term.

It is my feeling that he hasn't played as he has not shown the ability that we thought we were buying.  I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

Doesn't exist seemingly. If we can afford to give people time to settle in, learn the language, get used to a new country, city and culture and don't have to rush them in. Then I'd rather we take that option. We finished top 10, we're still top 10... there is zero need to rush people into the team when it's not needed.

...if the language is a barrier for him playing in the first team, how come he play for the U23s!!!!

Are we to assume that the U23s all speak German or have they all mastered Esperanto.....we have been lied to. There has to be some reason why Puel has not included him...and it certainly has nothing to do with language.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

Doesn't exist seemingly. If we can afford to give people time to settle in, learn the language, get used to a new country, city and culture and don't have to rush them in. Then I'd rather we take that option. We finished top 10, we're still top 10... there is zero need to rush people into the team when it's not needed.

I totally agree. But listening to some on here do pubs in Leicester now have padded rooms. So when it's busy some can be locked in while waiting for a pint? lol lol

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 22.02.58.png

It's the international break. And we've discussed the last match to death. Gotta find something to post about. I shall soon to critising Benkovic's loan, Elder remaining in the u23s and when that's done I'll go to old faithful: casting vague aspertions about Rudkin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

We spent £12m on a reserve keeper we didn't even need, so I wouldn't be so sure. 

What people also need to remember is that we also bought a CB earlier than we needed him, because we clearly thought there was a chance Maguire might go. Benkovic pretty much admitted as much. So we've got players in for the long term in mind as Wes and Benny will most probably leave in the summer. 

I'm not sure why people are so desperate to see there being something untoward. We have a manager that trusts and promotes youth, but he's not just going to chuck them all in the deep end at the same time, the squad is already very young. It's quite feasible that he just thinks he'd rather give Soyuncu time to bed in to the squad and the country, learn the ropes, learn some of the language and play the lad when he thinks the time is right.

What's the rush? We're top 10, we were top 10 last season. For all the bluster about him, Wes has been fine in the main and even if he's out we have Evans who can step in. There is absolutely no need to go chucking people in if you think in the long term there will be more benefit giving them time. 

Doing what he's doing and then introducing the younger lads further into the season if we're looking comfortable makes perfect sense if you can do it. Many teams aren't in the position to, that's why it looks odd. Liverpool are taking their time to introduce Keita and Fabinho, the latter cost two or three times the amount and he's barely kicked a ball. He's said that he's working on getting used to their style as it different to Monaco, just as ours differs from Frieburg. 

Great post!

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if the language is a barrier for him playing in the first team, how come he play for the U23s!!!!

Are we to assume that the U23s all speak German or have they all mastered Esperanto.....we have been lied to. There has to be some reason why Puel has not included him...and it certainly has nothing to do with language.

You really need it spelling out that the under 23's is light years behind playing in the prem and that managers don't lose jobs based on under 23 results?

Saying it's about language is most probably just part of it, the reality is he probably isn't up to speed yet and we are giving him time to get there, because we can do.

7 hours ago, murphy said:

OK, that's a fair comment, I think it comes down to what the club's expectations were for this transfer which we cannot know.  You think that everything is OK and on track for a gradual integration into the team and we have adequate cover in the meantime.  You could be right. 

I think that the he was bought to play straight away.  The reason I say that is down to the fact that he is an international, his transfer fee was a club record for a CB, we bought a 'prospect' in Benkovic and we have issues at centre half going back into last season that needed addressing in the short term as well as the long term.

It is my feeling that he hasn't played as he has not shown the ability that we thought we were buying.  I hope I'm wrong.

I'm sure he's not up to speed yet, which is  my point. We are in a position that we can give him the time he needs. Rather than chucking in a player who could have a million different issues, from struggling to settle, to struggling with form or fitness after his injury.

The way people act it's like there is something sinister going on. Some players can take time to fit in, some can just slot straight in.

Look at the shit that has already been written on here this season and in the past about players just a few games into their careers. Mendy written off as totally useless after about three games, Chilwell it was said should go on loan and we should buy another left back.

There is zero patience from many on here, if the lad played when the club feels he isn't ready yet and makes a mistake, he'll get slaughtered. I'd rather we take our time if that's what we think best.

• Like 2

Maybe we are seeing he reason why no one else was prepared to take a gamble on a player who is highly rated and been linked with some big clubs. Maybe they felt he would take too long to adapt. Some clubs might have through him in at the deep end but you could argue we haven’t had to do that because of the options we have. 

Either that are he’s just not as good as thought. 

45 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ve said elsewhere - there’s been a fair few foreign defenders thrown in the deep end at PL level and look absolutely shocking for their first few games.

Evra, Mangala, Mertesacker, Gabriel, Luiz to name a few 

Manure have a few examples on their books at the moment.................................

I wish everyone would get off his back and remain positive. Just as well he cannot read English at the moment.   He will be fine and hopefully, once given the nod, he will remain on the pitch for the full 90 minutes because his DRS has not packed up.

How can a player be a highly rated regular in the Bundesliga but not be ready for a place on the bench in a mid table premiership team? How is he going to become ready if he's not played,even in the league cup? Was Diabate a fluent English speaker when he got here? Was he signed from an equivalent league, but Puel put him in as soon as possible.

it's obvious that there is some problem here. I don't know what it is,maybe Puel had him foisted on him and doesn't like it,maybe it's the players attitude or maybe it's something else. That's the club's business and I don't expect them to tell us. It's not the language problem though and its nothing to do with Puel bringing him on gradually.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Webbo said:

How can a player be a highly rated regular in the Bundesliga but not be ready for a place on the bench in a mid table premiership team?

Because he hasn't settled?

Because he's missing Germany, or Turkey, or his friends or Family?

Because he's not good at living out of a suitcase in a hotel?

Because he's struggling to adapt?

Because he's being given time to learn our style and formation?

Because he only signed 8 weeks ago?

Because we have an experienced pro already that can sit on the bench in Evans?

Because there is no need to rush?

36 minutes ago, Webbo said:

How is he going to become ready if he's not played

He is being played and he's being trained every day.

Was Diabate a fluent English speaker when he got here? Was he signed from an equivalent league, but Puel put him in as soon as possible.

Because one player isn't the same as another, they aren't Robots.

It's not the language problem though and its nothing to do with Puel bringing him on gradually.

Does anyone believe it's just about that.

and its nothing to do with Puel bringing him on gradually.

How can you say that? There could be a million reasons that mean that he's chosen to take his time rather than rush him.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Webbo said:

How can a player be a highly rated regular in the Bundesliga but not be ready for a place on the bench in a mid table premiership team?

Plenty of examples. Roque Junior won the World Cup and then looked an idiot a few weeks later losing 4-0 to us. 

Mertesacker made the jump from a similar sized club in the Bundesliga and proceeded to struggle for the first three months of his Arsenal career. 

He was injured for a portion of pre-season too, so physically he was behind. 

4 minutes ago, Shane said:

The problem is Puel had no say in the signings of Evans, Benkovic and Soyuncu. 

It should be the manager who gets the final say in who we sign, not Rudkin and Macia. 

it must be a balance of manager and scouts/head of recruitment as one manager signs a player for 30 million and the next manager may not have a place for him = waste of money.

Everyone in the club needs to signing off the same hymn sheet with signings.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

How can a player be a highly rated regular in the Bundesliga but not be ready for a place on the bench in a mid table premiership team? How is he going to become ready if he's not played,even in the league cup? Was Diabate a fluent English speaker when he got here? Was he signed from an equivalent league, but Puel put him in as soon as possible.

it's obvious that there is some problem here. I don't know what it is,maybe Puel had him foisted on him and doesn't like it,maybe it's the players attitude or maybe it's something else. That's the club's business and I don't expect them to tell us. It's not the language problem though and its nothing to do with Puel bringing him on gradually.

He was through simmilar things during his first session on bundesliga. 

He didn't get that high rated by instant. 

1 hour ago, Shane said:

It should be the manager who gets the final say in who we sign, not Rudkin and Macia. 

Be careful, I got shot down for saying things like this last season/in the summer.

It was one of my reasons to counter the “Puel needs a window to sign his players” argument we had at the end of last season, and just for those people who think I’ll blame Puel for anything it’s one thing I won’t blame Puel for as I’ve never done it with previous managers.

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Is that true, or is that really just unsubstantiated internet rumour and speculation?