Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mehrez

Söyüncü Signs

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Mildly impressed.

You are a tough man to impress Flair! Mind you, you say that “to be the best you gotta beat the best” and Southampton are from the best. 

I thought he was great. Wasn’t that only his second start? He was both good defensively and his distribution calm and composed. If Maguire leaves it looks we have a ready made replacement. 

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

You are a tough man to impress Flair! Mind you, you say that “to be the best you gotta beat the best” and Southampton are from the best. 

I thought he was great. Wasn’t that only his second start? He was both good defensively and his distribution calm and composed. If Maguire leaves it looks we have a ready made replacement. 

Mate, dont get me wrong I thought he passed with flying colours. I often go over the top early on though so I'm tempering expectations. He looks a different player to I thought he would be, he's less a player who comes to light only when in space on the ball but more a defender who loves to read the game as late as possible but blocks, evades and clears well.

I love the look of him, but it's a steady start for him.

• Like 1

Good performance tonight - reads the game well and has the pace and strength to win one on ones and retain the ball. Then uses good vision to play out from the back. Promising start and hopefully we'll see more of him soon.

Doesn't half put some beans on his back passes though lol Had Danny Ward practicing some serious close control on one or two occasions. 

• Like 1

He is impressive but I think something we need to bear in mind when/if he plays next to Maguire is the CM’s need to drop into their positions when they go walkers.

Soyuncu chases the ball like a little kid more often than not which will leave gaping holes in the centre of our defence and with Maguire’s tendency to go walkies this could be a disaster should N’Didi or Mendy not drop back to cover this space.

• Like 1

That pass he played to the right-wing that was called offside was amazing. He hit it with such power and it was right on target. Showed some vision there. Took his penalty with aplomb.

I'd like us try to play him with Maguire and Evans in a back three. All three of them are comfortable on the ball and even Evans was venturing forward a lot today. Course, that's not gonna happen but it would give one of them at any time a licence to roam forward and if we stick with Mendy and N'Didi we should be more than solid enough at the back.

Edited by Wizerud

I like him! Was so nervous for the guy taking his penalty as it wouldn't have been the best start to his Leicester career, but it turns out I had no reason to be. 

So now we have finally seen all our summer signings properly, I think we can conclude we actually did a pretty decent job this time round...

Ward - great performances in the cup so far, and finally a back up keeper we can have confidence in

Sonyuncu - looking like hes going to fit in nicely, many years ahead of him

Maddison - I know he hasn't had the best few weeks, but his stats speak for themselves

Ricardo - has struggled at first but always looked great going forward... starting to get to speed now more defensively

Benkovic - they are loving him in Scotland

Ghezzal - this is probably the most divisive one, but I think he's showed that if you play to his strengths he can deliver

Have I missed anyone?

• Like 4