Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

20 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

What's the obsession with the idea of BR leaving us? 

Granted he doesn't have any particular love for us and obviously wants a big job in the future but the man is ambitious. And because of that ambition, he'd clearly rather take underdogs Leicester City into the Champions League than jump ship to a Spurs, Arsenal or United. No doubt he will move on at some point but he's not mug. He knows that if he stays with Leicester for the next couple of years and gets us into the CL, it'll massively raise his stock. He'll be reveered as a genius and then he walks into a real top job. 

It's utterly illogical for him to move on in the next 18 months when he's basically guaranteed to increase his stock whilst here.

It’s the fear of an affair when you got together through an affair. Terrible thing. He bailed out on Celtic when he was winning everything. So we know he would do it. Top job comes up and we all fear he would bail again. Let’s see if our fears are well founded. 

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

'The Media' still can't cope with the following things:

1. That Leicester actual City won the Premier League.

2. That Brendan Rodgers would see LCFC as a brighter prospect than Celtic.

3. That two of their traditional Top 4 are in absolute chaos.

4. That Leicester actual City are trying to permanently join the 'elite' and are doing so without buying our way in like Chelsea, Man City and latterly Liverpool. 

Brendan is a highly intelligent person as well as being one of the smartest coaches in the world.

Yes, he wanted a top job, and is deserving of that.

But he's smart enough to see that Arsenal and Man Utd are at least 5 years away from restoring any sort of sanity in the upper echelons of their clubs with no clear identity each. 

Liverpool and Man City have two elite managers who will be staying for very a long time. 

Chelsea have dubious practices that often get them in trouble with the authorities - Lampard is doing well and while it's almost like they've been rewarded by having a transfer ban, they're probably just going to throw money at him next summer and see what sticks.

Spurs are Spurs. Levy has buggered them for a generation with stadium and the financial strife that puts on their transfer budget. They've an ageing squad now, half of whom can leave for free next summer. And they're shit. Never forget that.

With us he has everything he could possibly need. Best owners in football. Some of the best recruitment staff. A DOF who now takes the piss out of the biggest clubs in the world. A brand spanking new training ground coming up next summer.

And the most important: no/low expectations. Us fans aren't used to glory which is why 2015/16 meant so much.

We don't demand any silverware or European competitions. 

He has the freedom here to rebuild his reputation and achieve things the media don't want us to. 

Personally I'm happy to just enjoy the ride.

Do you really care that much about how the media - commentators you’re talking about basically - views us? I’d rather brush up on my farsi during the match and read something balanced on here after it. Commentators are just ex pros romanticising about the good old days. Seeing us as victims of some horrible media attack seems a waste of time. I’d rather just watch Vardy knock them in instead.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Do you really care that much about how the media - commentators you’re talking about basically - views us? I’d rather brush up on my farsi during the match and read something balanced on here after it. Commentators are just ex pros romanticising about the good old days. Seeing us as victims of some horrible media attack seems a waste of time. I’d rather just watch Vardy knock them in instead.

Nice try.....lol

But seriously, clearly you are correct , its just sometimes it gets a little tedious to hear/read/be told, tantamount to "you should know your place".

Then whoever can just have a vent and move on  :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

من به هیچ وجه ما را قربانی نمی بینم ، من فقط دوست دارم که ببینم دائماً همه آنها را اشتباه نشان می دهیم ، و راهی که برخی از صاحبنظران و رسانه ها نمی توانند با آن کنار بیایند ، تغییر پارادایم است. دیدنش زیباست !! فارسی شما چطور است؟

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

من به هیچ وجه ما را قربانی نمی بینم ، من فقط دوست دارم که ببینم دائماً همه آنها را اشتباه نشان می دهیم ، و راهی که برخی از صاحبنظران و رسانه ها نمی توانند با آن کنار بیایند ، تغییر پارادایم است. دیدنش زیباست !! فارسی شما چطور است؟

Хорошо выраженный, и это подводит итог много разочарования, испытываемого поклонниками клубов, которые, как считают, не пируют за главным столом современного футбола. :appl:

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Хорошо выраженный, и это подводит итог много разочарования, испытываемого поклонниками клубов, которые, как считают, не пируют за главным столом современного футбола. :appl:

Το πρόβλημα με άλλους συλλόγους είναι ότι το δικό τους δεν λειτουργεί τόσο καλά όσο το δικό μας. όλοι έχουμε τις ίδιες φιλοδοξίες, αλλά έχουμε μόνο τα μέσα, τους ανθρώπους και την πραγματική ευκαιρία να το επιτύχουμε. Πριν από 10 χρόνια η Man City δεν ήταν στην κορυφή 6. Πριν από 20 χρόνια η Chelsea ήταν ενδιάμεση. Πριν από 5 χρόνια βρισκόμασταν κάτω από το τραπέζι και δεν μπορούσαμε να κερδίσουμε. 5 χρόνια από τώρα, ίσως θα αποδεχτούν ότι είμαστε η ελίτ, και είναι καιρός να αρχίσουμε να αντιμετωπίζουμε ως τέτοιο.

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Το πρόβλημα με άλλους συλλόγους είναι ότι το δικό τους δεν λειτουργεί τόσο καλά όσο το δικό μας. όλοι έχουμε τις ίδιες φιλοδοξίες, αλλά έχουμε μόνο τα μέσα, τους ανθρώπους και την πραγματική ευκαιρία να το επιτύχουμε. Πριν από 10 χρόνια η Man City δεν ήταν στην κορυφή 6. Πριν από 20 χρόνια η Chelsea ήταν ενδιάμεση. Πριν από 5 χρόνια βρισκόμασταν κάτω από το τραπέζι και δεν μπορούσαμε να κερδίσουμε. 5 χρόνια από τώρα, ίσως θα αποδεχτούν ότι είμαστε η ελίτ, και είναι καιρός να αρχίσουμε να αντιμετωπίζουμε ως τέτοιο.

Ni esperu tiel, ĉu ne, ĉu ni povas gajni la sangan FA-pokalon, bonvolu?

We must've had something about us to tempt him down, I doubt just being a Premier League job would've been enough alone. 

Our job is currently very attractive, he's making it even more attractive and he seems to be enjoying his time at the moment.

I'm sure he'll look to move on at some point but I don't believe he'll just look at a club name and that's it. I'd imagine we can offer a lot that other jobs might not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

It’s the fear of an affair when you got together through an affair. Terrible thing. He bailed out on Celtic when he was winning everything. So we know he would do it. Top job comes up and we all fear he would bail again. Let’s see if our fears are well founded. 

Lets be honest though, for a young aspiring manager, managing a club in the backend of nowhere with no competition whatsoever is hardly a challenge is it. It's the type of place to go to build up your cv. The premiership's where it's at. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Ok you take the cuddly toy....!!   but they are "your fears"....definitely not mine.....or even "ours"

We are The Leicester....'Fearless'..:scarf:

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

4. That Leicester actual City are trying to permanently join the 'elite' and are doing so without buying our way in like Chelsea, Man City and latterly Liverpool. 

Behave! Stay in yo lane!

How dare you Leicester try to do such a  shady thing you snakes!

Edited by Jattdogg

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Lets be honest though, for a young aspiring manager, managing a club in the backend of nowhere with no competition whatsoever is hardly a challenge is it. It's the type of place to go to build up your cv. The premiership's where it's at. 

Of course. Totally agree. That isn’t the point. The point is he bailed and deep down we all know he will do it again. I doubt this is a Sir Alex story in the making. We aren’t Man Utd. 

9 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

If Rodgers gets a massive job at an elite club, then that means he would have done a fantastic job here, and hopefully left us in a very good place. I wouldn’t worry about any of that and just congratulate him on a fine job

Well, there is that, but you’re kind of spoiling the narrative. 😝

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Nice try.....lol

But seriously, clearly you are correct , its just sometimes it gets a little tedious to hear/read/be told, tantamount to "you should know your place".

Then whoever can just have a vent and move on  :thumbup:

Fair enough. I tend to not watch it. So it doesn’t irk me as much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

خیلی خنده دار.  من باید یاد می گرفتم که چگونه متن را با زبان های راست به چپ انتخاب کنم.

Edited by Foxxed
تایپو