Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

1 hour ago, TheMightySystem said:

We got lucky with VAR but the panalty was given without VAR and the retake was only given because of VAR otherwise it would have been Maddisdons goal? So VAR had no impact and actually hindered us rather then helped?

THIS! Its getting so annoying seeing people blame VAR for a result, when it was the ref that made the decision in the first place. So without VAR it would have been the same decision anyway. 

2 hours ago, Hangryfox said:

Sky are rubbish aren’t they? 

To be fair to them they have been distracted, justifiably with their wall to wall coverage of Mourinho and Spurs.

• Like 2

I get fed up with people pushing the VAR narrative. People citing: ‘luck’ with VAR when quite often it has just interpreted very tight decisions in accordance with the laws as they stand.

Taking our ‘luck’ with VAR so far this season as an example:

Ruled out a goal by Wolves for handball: the VAR decision was correct. It’s not our fault that the handball rule is stupid

Ruled out a tight offside for a Spurs’ goal - correct decision. It was offside by a whisker, but still offside. People forget we had a goal ruled out by VAR in that game as well. So without VAR we’d still have won. It’s not really important that one decision was tight and the other less so, but more what overall impact VAR had on the game. 

And now Brighton. A correct penalty award. A correct re-take. Without VAR it would have been a Maddison goal as nobody would have checked encroachment. 

I prefer to ignore refereeing decisions and VAR in games and measure luck across the performance in general. Were we lucky to beat Brighton? Unequivocally we were not! 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I get fed up with people pushing the VAR narrative. People citing: ‘luck’ with VAR when quite often it has just interpreted very tight decisions in accordance with the laws as they stand.

Taking our ‘luck’ with VAR so far this season as an example:

Ruled our a goal by Wolves for handball: the VAR decision was correct. It’s not our fault that the handball rule is stupid

Ruled out a tight offside for a Spurs’ goal - correct decision. It was offside by a whisker, but still offside. People forget we had a goal ruled out by VAR in that game as well. So without VAR we’d still have won. It’s not really important that one decision was tight and the other less so, but more what overall impact VAR had on the game. 

And now Brighton. A correct penalty award. A correct re-take. Without VAR it would have been a Maddison goal as nobody would have checked encroachment. 

I prefer to ignore refereeing decisions and VAR in games and measure luck across the performance in general. Were we lucky to beat Brighton? Unequivocally we were not! 

Absolutely. Pundits and journos are all jumping on the VAR bandwagon. OK so it has got is problems and there have been a few instances where I do believe that they have not had the b*lls to overturn the refs decision, but generally in cases of offside, handball and the likes of encroachment they have generally been spot on. these are black and white issues.  The VAR check for the pen was pretty quick, it was obvious from the off that there was more than sufficient contact (he trod on his foot, and there was a shove too), I actually think the check was more to verify that it was inside the area rather than that a foul had been committed. Again, the encroachment decision was spot on, if madders had been ahead of their players, then the goal would not have stood, but "luck" had nothing to do with it. There was at least two of their players ahead of him, so re-take was the correct decision even if had not scored from the rebound. I personally would prefer that, for the sake of the game itself, in such instances "advantage" was played and the goal simply allowed to stand.

On another note, why does the article not actually mention the fact that we actually battered them for the fist 35 minutes? if it was a boxing match it would have been stopped long before then. If anything they were the ones riding their luck not to have been 2 or 3 down before half time.

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

25543951_Screenshot2019-11-25at17_22_21.thumb.png.4e72f23e0b7a09b1adf93a3e02c78a79.png

1572688799_Screenshot2019-11-25at17_28_38.thumb.png.c96b0848cd36fbb7e7e090dc9f01905f.png

Susan and Rudders off to Old Trafford, August 2019:

giphy.gif

That law would only apply if we were putting Maguire on for sale and then it turned out to be overpriced. But Man Utd put in an offer to buy him off us so that law wouldn't be applicable. Melty snowflakes. 

On 24/11/2019 at 12:04, urban.spaceman said:

Using my 'as a' joker card for the year when I say... as an Irishman, I find these JOE media 'gas' 'ah hear lads' types an absolute cringe of a breed. 

Nice idea of a prediction game though for fun.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The Chelsea fella is correct but he gets stick for it. Rodgers is loyal to nobody. He would leave us for United in summer 2020 or 2021 without hesitation, irrespective how bad their playing squad is.

Goldbridge reasoning for not wanting Pochettino is strange though. So what if he doesn't play wingers? Spurs has been one of the most attractive sides to watch in the last 5 years.

Edited by Koke

2 hours ago, Koke said:

The Chelsea fella is correct but he gets stick for it. Rodgers is loyal to nobody. He would leave us for United in summer 2020 or 2021 without hesitation, irrespective how bad their playing squad is.

Goldbridge reasoning for not wanting Pochettino is strange though. So what if he doesn't play wingers? Spurs has been one of the most attractive sides to watch in the last 5 years.

Yup..Brendan will win the PL. with Leicester...and leave for a "bigger"..:dunno: club...( Not qualified for Europe) and miss out on CL,

weeellll its a bigger Club innit..!!

Silly me..he did leave Celtic..!!! for a nobodies reserve team......

Aint life grand....:teehee:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sorry but I'm getting bored of reading this bollocks. 

Rodgers is just a career manager, that's all it is. He's not going to stay here for twenty years, no, but he's also a professional that's not going to run immediately off to every other club that asks like some ADHD cocker spaniel puppy. 

I'm getting bored of this sensationalist narrative of Rodgers being the world's worst mercenary. Its over the top and paranoid. It also falls in to the unfair trap of assuming the man is an idiot. 

He's not thick, he's a very bright football man. He's not going to abandon one of the highest profile projects in football, one that's going very well, drawing him plaudits left and right, with a buoyant squad en route for Champions League football for the biggest poison chalice in the sport that's languishing in mid table in an absolute mess.

If any good manager was going to, they wouldn't have Ole right now. 

All that is nice but all I'm saying people shouldn't lose their shit if he leaves us mid season or if he forces a move away from the club. 

Man Utd are what they are. But any manager worth anything fancies himself to turn that club around like Klopp has for Liverpool. It's not bollocks. Its reality.

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And Liverpool were in nowhere near the mess United are now plus Klopp was out of work, having left Dortmund six months prior. 

Mate, come off it, Liverpool had a team with Moreno, Sakho, Joe Allen etc and losing 6-1 to Stoke whilst finish about 9th. 

As for BR, hes already left a club mid season. And yes I know its SPL blah blah but he did do it. Im not saying he would leave us this March but at some point in couple of years he will move on and many on here wont understand why he is moving to a club below us in the table.

Edited by Koke

Of course there are clubs that Rodgers would eventually leave us for, I just don't think that would happen for at least another season. He does seem to have this reputation of changing clubs like kegs which is astounding given what's actually happened.

• Thanks 1