Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

On 21/11/2019 at 00:02, Yes said:

Haven’t heard that one before.

I think my favourite thing about this post is Spurs know there place. They aren’t saying Liverpool we’re coming for you, quick look at the league table, who’s second? Are yes we are coming for you, we might fall just short but let’s make second our aim.

• Haha 1

On 21/11/2019 at 09:09, murphy said:

Sounds more impressive than it is.  SInce 92 to 15 there had only been 23 seasons of PL football and Man Utd won 13 of them. so the other 10 winning sides didn't have a Welshman in them.  So what?  :dunno:

Mahrez was probably the first Algerian, Fuchs probably the first Austrian....

Alex Manninger of Arsenal!

Sounds more impressive than it is.  SInce 92 to 15 there had only been 23 seasons of PL football and Man Utd won 13 of them. so the other 10 winning sides didn't have a Welshman in them.  So what?  :dunno:

Mahrez was the first Algerian, but as @Blue ROI says Alex Manninger of  Arsenal was the first Austrian.

I think Morgan was the first Jamaican and Inler the first Swiss though.

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Mahrez was the first Algerian, but as @Blue ROI says Alex Manninger of  Arsenal was the first Austrian.

I think Morgan was the first Jamaican and Inler the first Swiss though.

Not sure if he'd declared he was playing for them at the time but Benalouane was the first Tunisian winner too. Kramaric would have been the first Croatian but didn't play enough games. 

Would Wasyl have been the first Pole to win it had he racked up enough appearances, or have I missed someone incredibly obvious?

Edit - just checked and Benny didn't even get five games in 15-16. Tomasz Kuszcak (sp) would have been the first Polish winner.

Edited by Langston

11 minutes ago, Langston said:

Not sure if he'd declared he was playing for them at the time but Benalouane was the first Tunisian winner too. Kramaric would have been the first Croatian but didn't play enough games. 

Would Wasyl have been the first Pole to win it had he racked up enough appearances, or have I missed someone incredibly obvious?

Edit - just checked and Benny didn't even get five games in 15-16. Tomasz Kuszcak (sp) would have been the first Polish winner.

Tomas Kusczak (sp?) weren't he at Man Utd when they won it a few times.

Edit: Your edit beat me to it lol

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/11/2019 at 10:09, murphy said:

Welshman have always been an integral part of Leicester city..the football league,past & present, they are British so the odds stack up And makes the post interesting....Austrians &Algerians in Top flight English leagues,a rarity...

So the A.King title Welsh legend is interesting...

• Like 1

Ffs who p1ssed on your fireworks  lol lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LC/FC said:

"Ever since Hungary swaggered into Wembley in 1953, deploying Nandor Hidegkuti as a “false nine” and shattering England’s superiority complex, the traditional No 9 has been left a yard off the pace, fighting for a place in the beautiful game."

Never mind the 55 years that wasn't the case, quite a poor article in my opinion, trying too hard to force a narrative that's emerged but Immobile, Vardy, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Aguero and Kane have all scored hatfuls over the last 5 years as mostly typical no. 9s, it isn't a trend.

52 minutes ago, Stadt said:

"Ever since Hungary swaggered into Wembley in 1953, deploying Nandor Hidegkuti as a “false nine” and shattering England’s superiority complex, the traditional No 9 has been left a yard off the pace, fighting for a place in the beautiful game."

Never mind the 55 years that wasn't the case, quite a poor article in my opinion, trying too hard to force a narrative that's emerged but Immobile, Vardy, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Aguero and Kane have all scored hatfuls over the last 5 years as mostly typical no. 9s, it isn't a trend.

If I'm being generous I reckon this writer just means that traditional no. 9s have been seen as a bit unfashionable in the last few seasons but wants to show off that he's read The Ball is Round but doesn't want to give the game away by bringing up Puskas.

• Haha 1

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, norwichfox said:

Can you get them with the peak at the back?

Yes spin the hat round or do an exorcist move and spin your head.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

This was happening before the international break too, pundits talking about them being 9 clear when again we were only 8 behind them and it was Man City in 3rd who were 9 off.  Some of these pundits genuinely can't wrap their heads around talking about the points gap to Leicester as though we're really a challenger so instead they ignore us and move on to the next team down.  You have to wonder, if we go top will they only talk about the points gap between 2nd and 3rd?  lol 

If we went top... It's probably gonna be talk of who comes 2nd in a 2 horse race again, so very likely lol

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

This was happening before the international break too, pundits talking about them being 9 clear when again we were only 8 behind them and it was Man City in 3rd who were 9 off.  Some of these pundits genuinely can't wrap their heads around talking about the points gap to Leicester as though we're really a challenger so instead they ignore us and move on to the next team down.  You have to wonder, if we go top will they only talk about the points gap between 2nd and 3rd?  lol 

The amount of disrespect we get is truly shocking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, joachim1965 said:

The amount of disrespect we get is truly shocking.

Any other non 'big 6' club and it would be bad enough, but we're literally the team who showed them why they're stupid to do it.  Guess we just have to do it again. :thumbup:

• Like 1

It was the same in the season we won the league even when we were well clear the talk was always about when we would slip and the inevitable catching up by Arsenal or Spurs, was still happening right up until Chelsea won the league for us, I mean we only just won it by 10 points.