Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

12 minutes ago, davieG said:

It was the same in the season we won the league even when we were well clear the talk was always about when we would slip and the inevitable catching up by Arsenal or Spurs, was still happening right up until Chelsea won the league for us, I mean we only just won it by 10 points.

Yeah one of the biggest winning margins was so close wasn’t it😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I love being written off by the pundits I bet the players do to. It’s going to be the more sweeter when we win the league.

You know what? You're right, I do actually have this slight part of me that will enjoy messing with people's ingrained preconceptions.

This completely dismissive attitude of us being a team that can stay the course of the season, cement a place in the top 4 and possibly be in pole position to take advantage of any Liverpool slip up, is just out of some people's scope of perspective enough that if and when it does happens, it blows their tiny minds to absolute atoms. 

Chris Sutton is one such fellow who's mental breakdown would be glorious. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

This was happening before the international break too, pundits talking about them being 9 clear when again we were only 8 behind them and it was Man City in 3rd who were 9 off.  Some of these pundits genuinely can't wrap their heads around talking about the points gap to Leicester as though we're really a challenger so instead they ignore us and move on to the next team down.  You have to wonder, if we go top will they only talk about the points gap between 2nd and 3rd?  lol 

You know what, if that’s the way the media wants to play it, I’m more than happy for the spotlight to be away from us until it’s mission accomplished. Be that European football or something else, it’s just great to see us have such a young and promising team!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, davieG said:

It was the same in the season we won the league even when we were well clear the talk was always about when we would slip and the inevitable catching up by Arsenal or Spurs, was still happening right up until Chelsea won the league for us, I mean we only just won it by 10 points.

In fairness at this stage in 2015, I was just enjoying the ride like I am now. 

I went to see us at Newcastle about this time of year and remember thinking, wow - we're actually good. 

• Like 2

Leicester ride their luck to win

promo398797813_4844836.jpg2:59

VAR drama as Leicester win again
FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Leicester's 2-0 win against Brighton in the Premier League.

FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Leicester's 2-0 win against Brighton in the Premier League

There is no stopping Leicester at the moment, although their 2-0 victory against Brighton did come with help from our old friend, VAR. Heading into the game, Graham Potter's side were unbeaten at the Amex since August but this was halted when Stockley Park intervened in the 80th minute.

Leicester's penalty - given after Adam Webster trod on the foot of Demarai Gray - was quite soft, but was still given by VAR in the first slice of luck. Jamie Vardy was then given a second chance from the spot after he missed the first with James Maddison's header from the rebound ruled out due to encroachment.

Maddison himself was guilty of the offence and he too was lucky that a few Brighton players went with him, otherwise it would have been disallowed altogether and who knows how things may have ended?

We have seen Leicester play better and they were not at their overall best on Saturday, giving the ball away too easily at times and spurning a number of glorious chances, but this should not take away from the superb run that they are on.
Brendan Rodgers' side are still second in the table, having won five Premier League games in a row with a whopping 17 goals scored in those games.

The centre-back pairing of Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu continue to impress too as Leicester contained a Brighton side who have been hard to beat at home, earning their fourth successive Premier League clean sheet in the process.

Winners and champions ride their luck and dig out results when they need to. That's exactly what Leicester did this weekend.
Charlotte Marsh

5 hours ago, rico said:

Leicester ride their luck to win

promo398797813_4844836.jpg2:59

VAR drama as Leicester win again
FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Leicester's 2-0 win against Brighton in the Premier League.

FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Leicester's 2-0 win against Brighton in the Premier League

There is no stopping Leicester at the moment, although their 2-0 victory against Brighton did come with help from our old friend, VAR. Heading into the game, Graham Potter's side were unbeaten at the Amex since August but this was halted when Stockley Park intervened in the 80th minute.

Leicester's penalty - given after Adam Webster trod on the foot of Demarai Gray - was quite soft, but was still given by VAR in the first slice of luck. Jamie Vardy was then given a second chance from the spot after he missed the first with James Maddison's header from the rebound ruled out due to encroachment.

Maddison himself was guilty of the offence and he too was lucky that a few Brighton players went with him, otherwise it would have been disallowed altogether and who knows how things may have ended?

We have seen Leicester play better and they were not at their overall best on Saturday, giving the ball away too easily at times and spurning a number of glorious chances, but this should not take away from the superb run that they are on.
Brendan Rodgers' side are still second in the table, having won five Premier League games in a row with a whopping 17 goals scored in those games.

The centre-back pairing of Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu continue to impress too as Leicester contained a Brighton side who have been hard to beat at home, earning their fourth successive Premier League clean sheet in the process.

Winners and champions ride their luck and dig out results when they need to. That's exactly what Leicester did this weekend.
Charlotte Marsh

Reads as though we won because of the VAR decision but i'm fairly sure we were already one nil up.

Edit that. The link to the report doesn't say any of that.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, rico said:

Charlotte Marsh

What UTTER nonsense!  Luck indeed!

Who is this Charlotte Marsh? Does her mother know she's out?

Stats say we had 19 shots and 9 on target. Brighton had 7 shots zero on target. Is that luck?

VAR was correct in regard to the foul on Gray. Nothing soft about it. It was a clear foul and therefore a penatly. We should have won 5-0 if Perez and Maddison had been more clinical.

I think she should have based her 'luck article' on Liverpool, who alway seem to have VAR on their side (Palace goal disallowed) and score scrappy goals in what's becoming known as "Klopp-time".  Now that's what I call Luck!

Edited by ultrafox
  • Like 1

I know we've had the rub of the green when it comes to VAR moreso than most (not as much as Liverpool, mind you) but you can only consider VAR to have helped us in that game if you consider "VAR not overturning correct decisions" as luck and not just the game being officiated correctly.

Edited by squarez
  • Like 1