Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

19 minutes ago, Line-X said:

City v Burnley (66-67) on Classic MOTD right now BT Sport. 

5-1 Definitely would have been at that game but remember none of it. Some of my still all time favourite players there.

Just now, mikey54 said:

I was there - imagine some of today’s superstars playing on that pitch

The Burnley player dragging himself off the pitch injured. 

3 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

Gibbo, Roberts & Sinclair. 3 great Scottish imports

Even Dougan considering the short time he was with us, so much character as well as his football. 

Missed the 1st 2 goals

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Even Dougan considering the short time he was with us, so much character as well as his football. 

Missed the 1st 2 goals

I’ll never forget the club selling him and Banks for peanuts, imagine the FT meltdown?

• Haha 2

On 10/08/2018 at 10:11, Koke said:

Totally Football Show is vastly superior. I quite like some of the guests who cone the Guardian podcast but Glendenning is the most unbearable human being. 

Big fan of Totally but was really annoyed with their season preview and the Wolves fans going into bias overdrive. Some of Totally’s guests can be very weak. 

Michael Cox and Glendinning’s Twitter spats over the summer were fun. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Heard a few guys in the media (Richard Keys latest) say that this  current City side have become too "nice". For the best part of 25 years we have been known to play robust in-your-face football, whereas now we will dominate possession and basically look like a Poundland Arsenal. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

Heard a few guys in the media (Richard Keys latest) say that this  current City side have become too "nice". For the best part of 25 years we have been known to play robust in-your-face football, whereas now we will dominate possession and basically look like a Poundland Arsenal. 

With the refereeing crackdown on in your face football it's inevitable, even the mildest tackles, a touch of a players back as they go leaping forwards earns a free kick. It's fast becoming non-touch so keeping possession and forcing the opposition to make the tackles puts you in a better position. Of course it helps if you've got players that can retain the ball under pressure and release it and the right moment to a team mate.

Rough house football is no more, it is dead, deceased.

24 minutes ago, Koke said:

They did say that but I don't really agree with them. Look at Vardy's tackle to setup Gray, and Ndidi can mix it with the rest of them. Hardly soft.

13 hours ago, Koke said:

That’s hilarious given Arsenal now looks like a Poundland Arsenal!

Id love to finish above them. Again.

Edited by Sublime_Coatsworth

It's brilliant the view pundits seem to have of us after they've done a bit of research on what we're about and what we're trying to get to. It then becomes obvious which pundits are simply recycling stuff from the previous few years. Those who still label us a one dimensional, counter attacking team are lacklustre and it then becomes apparent of have much the top 6 are loved by the press 

14 hours ago, Koke said:

jamie-vardy4_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFl

• Haha 1

Former Celtic man says Leicester City fans 'need to get realistic'
He says another ninth-placed finish in the Premier League should suffice

ByRichard Cusack
09:05, 14 AUG 2018

Chris Sutton says Leicester City fans should be happy with another mid-table finish in the Premier League.

The Foxes finished ninth last season, and ex-Celtic striker Sutton says a similar result this season should be welcomed.

City got their 2018/19 Premier League campaign off to a losing start on Friday night , going down 2-1 to Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live, he said : "Leicester fans need to get realistic, don't they?

"I think if Leicester finish ninth in the Premier League, that's good.

"I know people will say Leicester won the Premier League, and that's fair enough.

"But I think ninth is good for Leicester."

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-celtic-fans-realistic-1894530

5 minutes ago, evil jack said:

"I know people will say Leicester won the Premier League, and that's fair enough."

Has he finally accepted it?

16 minutes ago, davieG said:

"But I think ninth is good for Leicester."

Clearly not