Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

Thin its more the fact Wes hasn't been good enough for over 12 months

I get that I just can't see relevance of the PL title which was 5 years ago.

5 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Surprised to hear all this 'take a shot' clamour. Scored 12 goals in 6 games! (granted 4 against Fleetwood...) 

Barring that, scored 8 goals in 5 PL games, the same as 'attacking, vibrant, dynamic, forward-playing' Everton under the lauded genius Marco Silva. Should've had a couple in the first 30 mins against Bournemouth too, the chances were evident.

Haven't the amazing Wolves scored less than City too? I.e the team praised weekly for being so attack-minded. They've had similar difficulty of fixtures to City as well.

Half the league must've scored less than City! And that's with Vardy having played circa 90 mins all season!

4 of those 8 goals were consolations, 1 was an own goal and 2 of the other 3 were long range shotsso I'd argue we should be shooting from range more often.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

4 of those 8 goals were consolations, 1 was an own goal and 2 of the other 3 were long range shotsso I'd argue we should be shooting from range more often.

I agree with this. Seems every team I watch take loads of shots from outside the box, even when we struggle to make chances we still dont shoot from far out. Having said that, some of our players are horrific at shooting. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

I agree with this. Seems every team I watch take loads of shots from outside the box, even when we struggle to make chances we still dont shoot from far out. Having said that, some of our players are horrific at shooting. 

Albrighton and Ndidi from long range is something else, it's like someone's just stuck a minto in some coke when it comes off their boot.

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Embarrassing that this story is on SSN.

The players have been spoilt by being flown around everywhere and probably now expect it all the time.

So they had to sit on a coach for 5 hours. Didums.

Yeh muzzy, imagine having to endure a bus ride to work for about 50 grand or more a week. then you have to wait 45 minutes for your first tea break. 

id call the union officials in asap.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Corky said:

https://www.football365.com/news/top-ten-summer-signings-that-look-a-bit-pointless-fred-fabinho

5) Jonny Evans (Leicester City)
We presume that Wes Morgan’s utterly catastrophic 69 minutes against Bournemouth on Saturday will prompt a change at Leicester but it is verging on the ridiculous that Evans was bought by Leicester this summer – along with two other new centre-backs – and yet Claude Puel persisted with 34-year-old Morgan as Harry Maguire’s partner. Why buy a former Premier League title winner, saying “he knows exactly what it takes, he is a winner and a leader”, and then leave him on the bench?

Tellingly. Evans’ only Premier League start this season (against Wolves) reaped Leicester’s only clean sheet. Which should immediately destroy any argument that Maguire and Evans are both left-sided centre-halves and so cannot possibly play together.

Prime example of seeing a result and not watching the game. Evans was completely done for pace on several occasions and almost played a back-pass too short that could've been intercepted. Just because we kept a clean sheet, it doesn't mean our defence was totally solid. 

Not writing him off based on that but if you'd seen the game you wouldn't have been totally surprised to see Evans on the bench the next week.

Yeah because we looked rock solid against Wolves and Evans was great... what a crock of shit. As for calling Wes's game a disaster when others were far more culpable I can only come to the conclusion they haven't even watched a game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Evans has had a poor 20 minutes. Morgan's been poor for months. Morgan shouldn't be starting.

I don't think it is a matter of speed with Wes, it's more a matter of mobility. He just doesn't seem to turn or react quickly. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Corky said:

https://www.football365.com/news/top-ten-summer-signings-that-look-a-bit-pointless-fred-fabinho

5) Jonny Evans (Leicester City)
We presume that Wes Morgan’s utterly catastrophic 69 minutes against Bournemouth on Saturday will prompt a change at Leicester but it is verging on the ridiculous that Evans was bought by Leicester this summer – along with two other new centre-backs – and yet Claude Puel persisted with 34-year-old Morgan as Harry Maguire’s partner. Why buy a former Premier League title winner, saying “he knows exactly what it takes, he is a winner and a leader”, and then leave him on the bench?

Tellingly. Evans’ only Premier League start this season (against Wolves) reaped Leicester’s only clean sheet. Which should immediately destroy any argument that Maguire and Evans are both left-sided centre-halves and so cannot possibly play together.

Prime example of seeing a result and not watching the game. Evans was completely done for pace on several occasions and almost played a back-pass too short that could've been intercepted. Just because we kept a clean sheet, it doesn't mean our defence was totally solid. 

Not writing him off based on that but if you'd seen the game you wouldn't have been totally surprised to see Evans on the bench the next week.

What a pointless article, it’s been 5 games and some players haven’t made an impact yet. Therefore they are pointless signings. Some players need time to bed in, for others it is a fitness issue. Sometimes existing players step up and make themselves impossible to drop. It is squad game and the season is long if it gets to the end of the season and a fully fit Evans has played in fewer than 5 games then fair enough, criticise the signing but not when he has had a few fitness issues and is competing with club captain and England’s saviour for a place.

2 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

This. He was poor first 20, but after that he settled in well. 

Exactly, he spent the first 20 to 25 getting dragged across to right back because Ricardo was nowhere to be seen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Livid said:

Exactly, he spent the first 20 to 25 getting dragged across to right back because Ricardo was nowhere to be seen.

This.

The formation and system is all wrong. It makes any CB we select look woeful and slow as they are trying to cover the space left by Pereira and Chilwell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Evans didn't even have that bad a game over the 90 minutes. The first 20/25 granted he was a mess but after then he was fine - in a game we spent a lot of it defending.

He was about ok once Amartey was on and we were 3 at the back vs weaker wingers (Dunno why the Wolves manager took off his two best players at halftime). But, we kept a clean sheet that game inspite of Evans being on the pitch - he was the one who ****ed up massively within about five minutes and got bailed out by Chilwells goalline block. Nothing to do with Ricardo, the biggest problems he had were his positioning, being too slow on the ball and that when facing a winger he could get skinned if the winger just turned his head one way for a second. He could have had Simpson next to him, getting a nosebleed whenever the defensive line stepped up higher than the six yard box, and he'd have still looked incompetent.

Edited by The Doctor

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Why is everyone getting butt hurt when the article is spot on and everyone here knows Wes is past it?

Yeah, Evans looked rusty and new to the side, big shock, we still looked more solid than in any other game so far. 

It's unreal ain't it? Can't be any coincidence that most times Morgan has been absent in the last few years we've had a run of clean sheets and then he comes back in and we ship goals again. Now it's not all his fault but there's got to be some correlation, we just seem less assured with him plodding about like he's got one between his cheeks.

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

It's unreal ain't it? Can't be any coincidence that most times Morgan has been absent in the last few years we've had a run of clean sheets and then he comes back in and we ship goals again. Now it's not all his fault but there's got to be some correlation, we just seem less assured with him plodding about like he's got one between his cheeks.

What makes me laugh more is that people spent all summer on here slagging off Morgan. 

If I'd made the same post that journo had in a new thread it'd have about twenty odd rep points. 

But because some journalist that isn't a Leicester fan has written it everyone has closed ranks, gotten offended and ripped in to it like it's a load of ill informed crap. Bunch of ****ing snowflakes on here. lol

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, davieG said:

Isn't Morgan a PL winner and much more recently too so I can't see the justification for that reason perhaps he should ask why Maguire is in the team I mean what has he ever won?

Last time Evans won the league Wes Morgan was in a Leicester team doing their best to avoid getting into the play-offs in the Championship...

Pointless argument really.

• 2 weeks later...

I wondered who’d written that as it’s an exceptional piece, should have guessed it was Daniel Storey. He’s a Forest fan but born in Loughborough iirc, so he knows us better than most journalists do.

It’s esoteric the malaise that’s set in with us as a club, I’ve not seen any article get as close as that does to describing our position.