Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Don't think it was, he looked like thunder on the sidelines. The following 20 minutes, and the second half prior to the sending off is I think what he's more going for. Starting slowly again is an issue, good sides would punish us for that, like Man Utd did last week

I looked like thunder on row KK

Game had a Peter Taylor feel about it

7 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

After 25 minutes the realisation that this is the 'style' of football that Puel is aiming for hit me. I'm sure given the lack of enthusiasm in the crowd others felt the same, maybe without knowing it.

Puel was rather frustrated himself early into the game, gesticulating a lot and then talked to several players on the sideline when Neves had to be taken care of.

Maddison and Evans in particular got a good talking to.

I know we're into the season already, but I for one would hope or expect things to get better as the campaign progresses, with automatisms coming into play. Let's not forget it was Evans' and Mendy's debut.

• Like 1

The state of some of the comments in here. A lot of you sound like bloody Arsenal fans, right up your own arses because we’ve been in the prem a few years longer than this lot.

Thought Wolves looked good in spells. Think we did too. Glad we won 

• Like 3

Just now, Goober said:

The state of some of the comments in here. A lot of you sound like bloody Arsenal fans, right up your own arses because we’ve been in the prem a few years longer than this lot.

Thought Wolves looked good in spells. Think we did too. Glad we won 

Talking from experience. When we came up we got so many plaudits from people for deserving to win games that we ultimately lost or drew. Counts for nothing in the end. Two biggest parts of the game are scoring and defending, Wolves did neither well

I'm still half asleep but my tuppence worth.

For the first 20 odd minutes we were very sloppy yet again and Wolves took advantage of this and hurt the woodwork but when we settled down a bit we were surprisingly out playing them.

I say surprisingly because last season we would have drawn with these but we do seem to have improved back to as we were when Puel first arrived, they only really got back into it when we went down to ten men

We do need to move the ball a bit faster and get at the opposition goal more, Chilly needs to concentrate a bit more

Wolves fans  were very quiet after they conceded the own goal but when we went down to ten men they started making noise again, the home fans are still a little nervous of Puel so there were periods of quietness and I heard one lady after the match saying it was a bit boring:dunno: which it was not compared to last season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

I hardly understand the formation after amartey in for albrighton. Gray seems move to the right while left hand side is sometimes madison or chilwell 

Anybody know? 

Very simple, They were targeting the space in behind Ricardo. Puel brought on Amartey to fill that space with fresh legs also. then move Gray to the right to wing to stretch their defense and provide an out Ball.

Chilwell and Maddison were coping fine on the left with the help of Maguire.

Simples.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any fans that say the football is boring need to have a look at previous campaigns, this is the most exciting we have looked since we won the title and the majority of the players are young and hungry to succeed, I was a big Puel critic last season but now he has the players he wants and a better backroom team we seem a solid unit that will continue to improve.

Give the man a break.

• Like 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Didn’t take much notice of Amartey when he came on. How did he do?

He kind of played right centre back and kept his arms tight to his side like Simpson does, so he has learned from last week.

Looked decent though considering we were defending a fair tad after going down to ten men.

10 minutes ago, Koke said:

At the time of the red card the possession stats were 53/47 in our favour. I remember cos I checked it right there and then. After that of course Wolves were gonna have more the ball being 2 goals down a 1 man up.

It’s almost as if a team with one less player and a 2-0 lead would expect to receive less of the ball and see out the game rather than push on ?

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Any fans that say the football is boring need to have a look at previous campaigns, this is the most exciting we have looked since we won the title and the majority of the players are young and hungry to succeed, I was a big Puel critic last season but now he has the players he wants and a better backroom team we seem a solid unit that will continue to improve.

Give the man a break.

He can’t win really. We play well last week but don’t get the points, not good enough. We play relatively poor yesterday and win 2-0, boring! 

Wins like yesterday are what makes a good team. Grinding out wins when you ain’t quite on it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He can’t win really. We play well last week but don’t get the points, not good enough. We play relatively poor yesterday and win 2-0, boring! 

Wins like yesterday are what makes a good team. Grinding out wins when you ain’t quite on it

I agree not only that but the team has a lot of quality throughout, we have played some great stuff in parts and will only get better and stronger going forward and at the back, we could be lacking maybe one goal scorer but I think we will reassess this in Jan.

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Talking from experience. When we came up we got so many plaudits from people for deserving to win games that we ultimately lost or drew. Counts for nothing in the end. Two biggest parts of the game are scoring and defending, Wolves did neither well

I agree, it’s the tone of the posts for me. The kind of arrogance that we as fans used to hate in other sets of supporters. Not a fan of it

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fadsie said:

Wolves fan here was at the game today!! Cant believe some of the rubbish i am reading on here!!! Firstly any 'hype' behind wolves is created by the media the fact that we play nice football is real. I have watched some awful football at wolves over the years and this current team play excellent football. I dont know why it seems to tick so many on you off that wolves fans are proud of how they play. If you dont like us cause you think we are arrogant we dont really care. We have ambitious owners who have invested heavily and expect to compete well at this level. 

Onto the game. Firstly IT WAS A RED CARD i dont think Vardy is a dirty player but anyone who thinks it wasnt is a fool!!

Reality Check Foxes. Wolves were by far the better team in that game. Should have been out of sight well before you fluked the opener!! Then you had your best spell of the game for 15 mins which resulted in literally 1 deflected 25 yard strike and nothing else. Its true that wolves have to learn lessons. Wasting chances in this league gets punished but i dont remember you creating a single clear cut chance and probably scored more goals than you had shots on target!! It may seem ignorant but if you lot finished 9th last season then we should comfortably finish top half. I think thet could still be playing now and you wouldnt have scored (without our help) i see this as dropped points but i feel sorry for you lot if thats what you are going to be watching all season. We will see you at Molineux!!!

No you don’t care at all. That’s why you signed up to a Leicester forum for reassurance

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I agree not only that but the team has a lot of quality throughout, we have played some great stuff in parts and will only get better and stronger going forward and at the back, we could be lacking maybe one goal scorer but I think we will reassess this in Jan.

The main positive for me is Puel’s belief in young players. Yes we can’t fully rely on them week in week out but it’s refreshing to see imo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goober said:

I agree, it’s the tone of the posts for me. The kind of arrogance that we as fans used to hate in other sets of supporters. Not a fan of it

True. They do seem a bit needy though. They were happy to take all of the praise from people pre season so I kind of think they should take the rough with the smooth.

Don’t know if it’s just me noticing it more this year or if it’s the first time a club has come up from the Championship and been so delusional. 

When the **** did Wolves become the saviour of modern football and have such delusions of grandeur? Their fans need a ****ing reality check. 

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Give the man a break.

Welcome on board the Orient Express. We're going places we've never been before with silky skills to take on the big boys.

This is only the start of the French revolution, with time to work and another window or two we should be in a very good place for a long time. Given the age of the Squad.

There will be ups and down along the way, but keep the faith and we'll get there.

He's a quiet Man but top Coach who knows how to get things done.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Don’t know if it’s just me noticing it more this year or if it’s the first time a club has come up from the Championship and been so delusional. 

When the **** did Wolves become the saviour of modern football and have such delusions of grandeur? Their fans need a ****ing reality check. 

Agreed, But what I didn't like about them was they were putting it about yesterday, Trying to intimidate us.

Total arrogance.