Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

Just now, Jimbo said:

I actually find it amusing how people can say that it wasn't a red.

If that challenge was in Vardy you'd want the player banned for 10 games! 

Wolves fans would be on here saying it was never a red because he won the ball first and you'd all be slating them!

Regardless of whether or not he won the ball, regardless of whether or not there was intent (there was intent to go in hard) it's still a red! It was wreckless and uncontrolled. 

Image result for wreckless eric images

23 minutes ago, MattP said:

That's the best Wolves can play, we weren't anywhere near our best and we still won 2-0 despite having a quarter of the match with ten men.

That says a lot about where they are.

Indeed, a huge chunk of their fan base are quite frankly hilarious & delusional, with an unearned sense of self worth. Why they think this way is baffling.

And when they inevitably get beaten this year some opposing fans will react to this condescending attitude in kind. I'm sure they'll stay up, they have a good squad but won't score enough to really push on this year. Neves for me will be playing champions league football next season he is a class above.  

We were poor early on, but went down to ten men and kept a good shape. Can go up a few gears. 

Edited by Lesta Legend
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MisterFoxKillen said:

"Vardy did not deserve a red card"

U34YHHF.jpg

27 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I love how people take still frames from incidents to prove their points. Can be very misleading

26 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

No intent there, vardy’s foot moves naturally after a strong challenge. However in today’s game he did give reason for the ref to show red, so he didn’t need to go in like that. Not a red though

8 minutes ago, shade said:

take the leg out of that shot and instead replace it with a ball flying in to the back of the net, surely it’s just the natural follow through of a well struck side foot?

Here's the full video of that screenshot from BBC's MOTD last night

https://streamable.com/siqn7

It does not make Vardy's reckless challenge any less worse.

• Like 1

Seem to have a few visitors today from other clubs. Bloody hard learning curve to come up from the championship to the Premiership. Admittedly  the Wolves side that won the league last year was  the best ever team to get promoted unlike ours that actually won the Championship with more points. Our first away game back was  against Chelsea, we played really well lost 2-0 though Dean Hammond and GTF bossed the midfield at the end of the game. Simple trick is goals they win games and change games and game plans like last week.  Wolves had chances did not take them though and thought chance was offside and the other chances were down to our poor play rather than great play from Wolves. Fine margins and game management, Neves trying to get Maddison sent off stopped the game and gave us time to regroup and try a plan B. Once scoring we were comfortable and the second goal gave us a cushion. Up to the Red card we were ticking along nicely and then from our point of view did a very professional job for the last 30 mins or so including injury time. Think any Leicester fan knows we got the rub of the green yesterday but we also know we can play better than that. Wolves did ok and should have a decent season but you need points and next week might be a real eye opener. Any score predictions the bear

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, shade said:

striking a ball with force is the same for a tackle or a shot, surely?

Going in for a tackle is the same as taking a shot? Do you actually understand what you're saying? 

It happened pretty much in front of where I sit, you could see the frustration in Vardy as soon as the ball bounced off Moutinho's knee. You could see he was going to go in hard. If he stayed in his feet, maybe he'd have got away with it, but he lunged in. He had no control of his actions. 

It's unlucky that he's caught the player the way he has, I don't believe there's intention to do what he did, but Vardy always goes in with the intention of going in hard and winning, nothing wrong with that. Trouble is, when you get it wrong, like he did yesterday, you're always going to get a red card. 

It's an unlucky red but it's still a red

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I agree he didn’t but there isn’t intent and the foot naturally goes through... for me it isn’t a red card..

lol I got that from your posts this morning!

It's a difficult one. I did grow up watching 70's and 80's games and nobody would have blinked at it tbh, we all know that.

That's not really the point though, it's 2018. I love Vardy for many reasons, his wholehearted approach during a game is just one of them. If I'm pushed, I'd probably take the opposite view from you and quite a few others and say it was a red.

However, I don't want to spend Sunday afternoon replying to swathes of people who disagree. I can see both sides tbh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MisterFoxKillen said:

Here's the full video of that screenshot from BBC's MOTD last night

https://streamable.com/siqn7

It does not make Vardy's reckless challenge any less worse.

I’ve seen the video so don’t need to see a still of it that doesn’t give the full story. For what it’s worth I agree that in this day and age it’s a red, not that I agree it should be

More than anything he just didn’t need to do it 

38 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Don’t know if it’s just me noticing it more this year or if it’s the first time a club has come up from the Championship and been so delusional. 

When the **** did Wolves become the saviour of modern football and have such delusions of grandeur? Their fans need a ****ing reality check. 

Walking back to my car had two Wolves fans in front of me. One said to the other:

“Credit to them, they fluked the league a few seasons back but they really do not belong at this level”.

I think Mcmanaman may have a reason for his dislike...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I actually find it amusing how people can say that it wasn't a red.

If that challenge was in Vardy you'd want the player banned for 10 games! 

Wolves fans would be on here saying it was never a red because he won the ball first and you'd all be slating them!

Regardless of whether or not he won the ball, regardless of whether or not there was intent (there was intent to go in hard) it's still a red! It was wreckless and uncontrolled. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Slightly worrying stat, corners, us 1 Wolves 9, according to motd.

We had more corners than United last week.  Means nothing.

It's getting that round thing in between those two upright things that counts.

I'll defend Vardy to the absolute last but he made a stupid, rash, in the moment decision yesterday. You lunge in with that level of force for a 50/50 with studs up on the follow through at knee height you don't need to turn around to look at the referee these days.  There wasn't intent to catch Doherty as he did but his action was OTT.

I don't care if it wouldn't have been a red card 10-15 years ago. It has fvck all to do with it. The players know to play the game within their own era, just like both Puel and Vardy will know that was a fair red card.

We still won the game so - in the end - no major damage done and we have Iheanacho who is capable of stepping up to cover. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Going in for a tackle is the same as taking a shot? Do you actually understand what you're saying? 

It happened pretty much in front of where I sit, you could see the frustration in Vardy as soon as the ball bounced off Moutinho's knee. You could see he was going to go in hard. If he stayed in his feet, maybe he'd have got away with it, but he lunged in. He had no control of his actions. 

It's unlucky that he's caught the player the way he has, I don't believe there's intention to do what he did, but Vardy always goes in with the intention of going in hard and winning, nothing wrong with that. Trouble is, when you get it wrong, like he did yesterday, you're always going to get a red card. 

It's an unlucky red but it's still a red

I’m far away from a blue tinted specs kind of guy but just don’t see that as a sending off, the guy kicks the ball hard, the follow through isn’t unnatural, one foot stays grounded, it isn’t over the ball, he doesn’t miss the ball, it isn’t unnaturally high, what happens after he strikes the ball is inconsequential. no foul, play on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I was bored witless as was Vardy who so shocked with his minor involvement he didn't want to lose it. Frustration.

Atmosphere was very flat.

After 25 minutes the realisation that this is the 'style' of football that Puel is aiming for hit me. I'm sure given the lack of enthusiasm in the crowd others felt the same, maybe without knowing it.

Why do you even go?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Very simple, They were targeting the space in behind Ricardo. Puel brought on Amartey to fill that space with fresh legs also. then move Gray to the right to wing to stretch their defense and provide an out Ball.

Chilwell and Maddison were coping fine on the left with the help of Maguire.

Simples.

So there are 3 in right? 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

3-4-3. 

Amartey-Maguire-Evans

Ricardo-Ndidi-Mendy-Chilwell

Rotating front three of Gray-Vardy-Maddison

Thanks made sense. No wonder chilwell Often unseen during defensive scheme. 

Think the delusion might be partly down to the Don Goodman factor. He seems to be watching the best team on earth. Before we had all the tv coverage and the internet I would often regret missing a game on the Monday reading Billy Andersons comments about our Brazilian 1970 performance coupled with an unlucky 3-0 defeat

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fadsie said:
12 hours ago, weller54 said:

We were second best in everything apart from goals.. 

Worrying against a newly promoted team. 

Makes up for the point we deserved at OT last week perhaps. 

There are some sensible non deluded fans on here!!! 

An unfortunate choice of member to quote Fadsie lollol

• Haha 4