Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

We weren’t great to be fair but 3 points will hopefully build some confidence. Got away with it in the first 20 but coped pretty well after that. Ricardo was good going forward and got better as game went on but he was torn apart early on. 

Mendy was MOM for me, followed by Chilwell who has started the season well. Vardy pretty non-existent and there was no need for him to go into a tackle like that. He needs better service though, Albrighton is pretty redundant because we have no one to attack a ball from open play, apart from opposition players. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, murphy said:

True.  I thought that everybody understood the rules.  The amount of people that clearly don't is actually embarrassing.  It doesn't matter if he won the ball.

The lack of knowledge around the rules of handball are far more embarrassing 

9 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Slightly worrying stat, corners, us 1 Wolves 9, according to motd.

you know what the better, and more important, stat is?

2-0 to us. 3 points. Clean sheet.

Any team can have 50 corners to our 1 corner in a match and we come out with 3 points then that's fine by me.

• Like 1

We need to work out why we start so slow. The first twenty minutes were poor. After that, up until the sending off, we controlled the game. 

Mendy was a nice surprise. Thought he played really well. He offers something different to our other midfielders who are a bit more cultured, in that he has that drive forward in him. 

Evans and Maguire need games together to build up an understanding and partnership. 

Wolves got thought a very valuable lesson by us. At this level, you can’t just look ok and create chances. If you do not take those chances, you will get punished. 

Good result. Hopefully we add to it with another win against Southampton.

• Like 1

Also on another note had these 2 guys sitting near me and below is a timeline of their match day experience:

• 17 minutes played - arrive
  • 18 minutes played - get phones out and text
  • 35 minutes played - go down to concourse
  • 72 minutes played - reappear at seats
  • 81 minutes played - leave 
  • 81 minutes played - I hear the following "was it even worth it?" "course it ****ing was"

I can't even....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

Ugh. We really need to take more of our chances when we're on top. The two that hit the post in the first half were unlucky but we had at least two good chances to score in the 2nd half that we didn't take. We played well overall and on another day could easily have won. We certainly didn't deserve to lose or concede the way we did.

Leicester only had two shots on target all game and one of them was a deflected goal that was initially going straight at the keeper. We also had almost twice as many shots at goal. You definitely got away with one today. Even Puel admitted it. 

I'm definitely not worried about us at all judging by that. If you lot are going to be pushing for 7th/8th then we more than competed. Just the profligacy in front of goal needs to be reduced. 

I know you are in damage limitation mode after giving it the big un in the match day post but hitting the post isn't you being unlucky, it's still a miss that isn't on target.

Your best chances came when we were playing at our worst and couldn't break us down when we went down to 10.  You will struggle against the bigger teams who have more possession if you don't take your few chances.  We had two shots on goal, but we still won. 

If your team carries on the play acting you'll find yourself to be very unpopular pretty quickly and lose whatever good grace you deservedly earned from last season. 

Edited by Richmondfox

19 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Also on another note had these 2 guys sitting near me and below is a timeline of their match day experience:

• 17 minutes played - arrive
  • 18 minutes played - get phones out and text
  • 35 minutes played - go down to concourse
  • 72 minutes played - reappear at seats
  • 81 minutes played - leave 
  • 81 minutes played - I hear the following "was it even worth it?" "course it ****ing was"

I can't even....

On a related note, I bought my ticket late - it was, allegedly, the very last ticket available in the entire section. I enjoyed my position and the general company seemed to be young and noisy (I was near Jobber and the drum), but I couldn't understand why there were 4 empty seats to one side of me. Obviously it made for a very comfortable watching experience for me, but I was baffled/disappointed, if only because I'm sure that there were fans out there who would want those seats.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Also the possession stats at full time were 49/51% in Wolves favour so it’s nonsense that they controlled the game. They hit the woodwork 3 times in their best spell of the game with speculative shots from distance. Whoopdy doo!

You literally made up a figure to try and match your argument. Anyone who watched the game knows wolves dominated possession, shots, corners. Trying do deny it and pretend you played well is embarrassing really. A couple of leicester fans have told it how it is that you won 2-0 but were 2nd best in every other department. If you are a top half team then over the course of 38 games the luck will hopefully balance out. We will learn to be more clinical but would be surprised if we are lower than you in the table in may. Cause based on yesterday we are better!!!1493284326_Screenshot_20180819-100002_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.15bb7b0486815ebc8f5c69280385ba5d.jpg

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Fadsie said:

You literally made up a figure to try and match your argument. Anyone who watched the game knows wolves dominated possession, shots, corners. Trying do deny it and pretend you played well is embarrassing really. A couple of leicester fans have told it how it is that you won 2-0 but were 2nd best in every other department. If you are a top half team then over the course of 38 games the luck will hopefully balance out. We will learn to be more clinical but would be surprised if we are lower than you in the table in may. Cause based on yesterday we are better!!!1493284326_Screenshot_20180819-100002_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.15bb7b0486815ebc8f5c69280385ba5d.jpg

Are those tears salty bro? Oh and prepare to be surprised. Seen nothing from your first two games to suggest you’ll be anything other than mid table mediocrity. Not clinical enough up top and a bit of a joke at the back, basically got two good centre mids and not a lot else

Fact of the matter is you’ve failed to capitalise on two teams going down to 10 men, doesn’t bode well does it? On the plus side you’ve got Man City next lol

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Fadsie said:

You dominated shots by just shooting every time you got into the same postcode. Fair, you've got some who can get close from them, but how often was Schmeichel pulled into anything more than a regulation save? Because I remember one simple save with his legs from Jiminez which no keeper worth his salt would fail, and a stinging shot from Neves that was still straight at him.

8 minutes ago, Fadsie said:

Once down to ten men but they didn’t create one clear chance 

10 hours ago, weller54 said:

We were second best in everything apart from goals.. 

Worrying against a newly promoted team. 

Makes up for the point we deserved at OT last week perhaps.

There are some sensible non deluded fans on here!!! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fadsie said:

We are happy with mid table for our first season. Its not salty tears its just i tell it how it is. Leicester offered nothing at all in an attacking sense. With 11 men on the pitch. Going down to 10 just made them even more negative and defensive. The result is ultimately what matters so well done for getting 3 points but if you want to slag off wolves based on that game then you should be really worried. We are a newly promoted team and came to your home and controlled the game. You never looked like scoring. You wont get that lucky again all season

1493284326_Screenshot_20180819-100002_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.15bb7b0486815ebc8f5c69280385ba5d.jpg

Well you won’t be finishing above us then like you said. A few shots from distance might beef up your stats but they ain’t gonna win you games. We had all of this in our first season back. All the pundits saying we deserved more but ultimately it’s points on the board that matter. Luckily we realised this in time and pulled off the great escape, hopefully you figure this out earlier than we did.

Unlike the championship you have to take your chances as the experienced teams will do a job on you as we did