Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

1 hour ago, Fadsie said:

Not really what happenes is it. We dominated posession and created several chances we should have scored

We didnt. Our fault. Leicester created nothing. I know you find it hard to admit that you were lucky to get 3 points against a team who were better on the day but it doesnt make it any less true!!! Keep telling yourselves though!!

First 25 minutes, Wolves were very good, and us starting slowly contributed to that. Probably us having several new partnerships added to that as well. Once the spectacular own goal went in (admittedly against the run of play), it was never in doubt. Your heads dropped after that, and good play and a slight deflection got us another right on half time. After that it was just managing the game, and very much like us at Old Trafford last week, you had the possession but lacked a threat with it. You will be fine this season, and if you can find a cutting edge you should be comfortable. Premier League is ruthless and when you aren’t 100%, it’s about taking your chances 

The follow through happens because the opposing player is late to the ball.  If both players arrive at the ball at the same time you'll end up with a very hard 50/50 challenge for the ball.  The crowd would have loved the enthusiastic nature of the challenge and the game would have continued. 

As it happens the defender is late, pulls out and is injured as a result.  Having thought more about it this morning I am beginning to understand why the red card was given but am by no means 100% convinced that another referee would have given it under the exact same circumstances.

Dean is a poor referee who makes poor judgements.  Professional footballers need to wise up to this and recognise the need for caution.  It's better to not give poor referees the opportunity to make rash, and often inconsistent, decisions in the first place.

Pawson was at it again as well yesterday.  That's two red cards from him within a week - both hugely debatable decisions.

Professional footballers need to wise up to these officials who come with a reputation.  If they don't put themselves at risk, the referee isn't able to make the call in the first place.

So for me, Vardy is unlucky with how "the challenge" (it wasn't a tackle imo) turned out but equally needs to show a little more consideration when certain referees come into town.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fadsie said:

Wolves fan here was at the game today!! Cant believe some of the rubbish i am reading on here!!! Firstly any 'hype' behind wolves is created by the media the fact that we play nice football is real. I have watched some awful football at wolves over the years and this current team play excellent football. I dont know why it seems to tick so many on you off that wolves fans are proud of how they play. If you dont like us cause you think we are arrogant we dont really care. We have ambitious owners who have invested heavily and expect to compete well at this level. 

Onto the game. Firstly IT WAS A RED CARD i dont think Vardy is a dirty player but anyone who thinks it wasnt is a fool!!

Reality Check Foxes. Wolves were by far the better team in that game. Should have been out of sight well before you fluked the opener!! Then you had your best spell of the game for 15 mins which resulted in literally 1 deflected 25 yard strike and nothing else. Its true that wolves have to learn lessons. Wasting chances in this league gets punished but i dont remember you creating a single clear cut chance and probably scored more goals than you had shots on target!! It may seem ignorant but if you lot finished 9th last season then we should comfortably finish top half. I think thet could still be playing now and you wouldnt have scored (without our help) i see this as dropped points but i feel sorry for you lot if thats what you are going to be watching all season. We will see you at Molineux!!!

Lol the salt is delicious, thanks for that bitter rant pal, enjoyed it! Will enjoy watching down from the top 10 seeing how your relegation scrap unfolds ?

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

You're not better than us.  We were better in the championship than you, in our fifth year in the prem, Champions League QFists and even won the bloomin title.  Oh yeah, and we just beat you.  Yesterday.

This kind of arrogance is what makes Wolves a really unpopular side.  More so than usual.  You say you'll be happy with mid table, well you haven't earned it yet.  The reality is you've got one point and will likely be looking up at the rest of the league after you play man City next week.  One point in three.  Two home games.  Twice against ten men for long periods.  I bet you'll be happy with mid table!

You say you're a newly promoted team yet Wolves fans act like they are some football powerhouse.  Coming here and saying you're better than us.  A large dose of humility and revised expectations is required.

Buy a few Portuguese has beens and they think they are a world power. Well we have Ricardo and he is better than any player they have including the overrated Neves, even the likes of Lloyd dyer and schlupp looked decent in the championship 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Regardless of whether or not he won the ball, regardless of whether or not there was intent (there was intent to go in hard) it's still a red! It was wreckless and uncontrolled. 

31 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Image result for wreckless eric images

4 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

I still didn't get it. It seems 50 50 situation while vardy didn't see his coming and try to pass the ball to madison. That's why his feet are move, for the ball. Not against the opponent 

That album cover was in response to the spelling of reckless with a 'w' in the post tbh, not a reference to Vardy himself.

Having said that , I still think it was a reckless challenge. I get the argument from the other perspective, just don't really agree with it.

Shame really, as it slightly sours the win losing him for 3 games.

• Like 1

Certainly there were positives and the performance of Mendy was the biggest surprise of the day.

Liked Ricardo for his energy and he will create chances but I am confused as to where he is playing. There was simply no cover for Evans who did not look match fit to me and I think we are going to need 3 at the back if Ricardo wants to show off his ability. Maddison took a while to get into the game but the goal will do him good.It is a shame that we have not really seen the Vardy/Maddison partnership but Nacho had a  good pre-season so it is up to him to try to put a case for a starting place.

The ego of Wolves is still just about intact. They won yesterday, if you listen to most of them - bossed it and topped every metric except goals and sendings off. 

After they have been battered by Man City and lost a depressing visit to West Ham, I think they might just begin to realise that this is not going to be easy. They may even discover a little humility. We shall see.

we won the league with naff all possession but taking our chances. That is the only key. Take your chances. 

17 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Nah. Evans was a little rusty. To be expected. He hasn’t played a great deal of late. Clean sheet under his belt, and he’ll grow in confidence.

No one gives Wes this sort of allowance. Personally I just hope that either Evans will improve, or one of the other guys we’ve signed steps up.

It wasn’t just that he looked poor and was soundly beaten on several occasions, it was that he just looked as if he couldn’t really be bothered. I fear we’ve signed a journeyman who’s just there to collect a wage for a few years. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Wolves fan here was at the game today!! Cant believe some of the rubbish i am reading on here!!! Firstly any 'hype' behind wolves is created by the media the fact that we play nice football is real. I have watched some awful football at wolves over the years and this current team play excellent football. I dont know why it seems to tick so many on you off that wolves fans are proud of how they play. If you dont like us cause you think we are arrogant we dont really care. We have ambitious owners who have invested heavily and expect to compete well at this level. 

Onto the game. Firstly IT WAS A RED CARD i dont think Vardy is a dirty player but anyone who thinks it wasnt is a fool!!

Reality Check Foxes. Wolves were by far the better team in that game. Should have been out of sight well before you fluked the opener!! Then you had your best spell of the game for 15 mins which resulted in literally 1 deflected 25 yard strike and nothing else. Its true that wolves have to learn lessons. Wasting chances in this league gets punished but i dont remember you creating a single clear cut chance and probably scored more goals than you had shots on target!! It may seem ignorant but if you lot finished 9th last season then we should comfortably finish top half. I think thet could still be playing now and you wouldnt have scored (without our help) i see this as dropped points but i feel sorry for you lot if thats what you are going to be watching all season. We will see you at Molineux!!!

Pretty football and pot shots from 30 yards out does not guarantee you results in this league.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Pretty football and pot shots from 30 yards out does not guarantee you results in this league.  

Shoulda coulda woulda - they really are deluded aren’t they:D

2-0

enough said. 

Edited by ARM1968

16 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Certainly there were positives and the performance of Mendy was the biggest surprise of the day.

Liked Ricardo for his energy and he will create chances but I am confused as to where he is playing. There was simply no cover for Evans who did not look match fit to me and I think we are going to need 3 at the back if Ricardo wants to show off his ability. Maddison took a while to get into the game but the goal will do him good.It is a shame that we have not really seen the Vardy/Maddison partnership but Nacho had a  good pre-season so it is up to him to try to put a case for a starting place.

It's painful seeing how suited we are to a back 3, with the players we have. It would not only mean Ricardo and Chilwell could bomb forward but also we could have Vardy and Iheanacho in attack, something we sorely missed yesterday when Vardy was on his own in the box. 

Played poorly for large spells of the game and still eased to a comfortable victory over the mighty wolves. Had they been clinical in the first half it would’ve been a different story, but they weren’t. When we decided to step up into second gear yesterday Wolves couldn’t really deal with us. 

We we are very much a working progress with lots of work to be done, but I saw enough yesterday to have confidence in what Puel is trying to achieve. Some good individual performances so far just hoping the team clicks more efficiently in the next few weeks.

Reality check? Ok then:

Promoted from the championship with more points than you. 

Won the Premier League by 10 clear points (so flukey).

Champions League quarter finalists (so flukey).

You've earned 1 point in two games playing against 10 men. 

We won. 2-0. 

Didums, you played an ickle bit of pwitty football. Doing you the world of good isn't it. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

As was pickfords no? Which apparently didn’t warrant a red. 

The other lad was late in. Unfortunate but not a red for me.

Pickfords has nothing to do with it.

Yes he was fractionally late, but Vardy used excessive force and wasn't in control, simple as that. It was dangerous.

2 hours ago, Fadsie said:

We are happy with mid table for our first season. Its not salty tears its just i tell it how it is. Leicester offered nothing at all in an attacking sense. With 11 men on the pitch. Going down to 10 just made them even more negative and defensive. The result is ultimately what matters so well done for getting 3 points but if you want to slag off wolves based on that game then you should be really worried. We are a newly promoted team and came to your home and controlled the game. You never looked like scoring. You wont get that lucky again all season

1493284326_Screenshot_20180819-100002_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.15bb7b0486815ebc8f5c69280385ba5d.jpg

We're 5 seasons in the Prem now kid, we know what we need to do. We were muck yesterday and won, whereas last Friday we were decent and lost away at Utd. Football works like that at times, however unfair it is. What we know though is how to perform in this league and get results. It took us best part of a season and nearly got relegated to learn, I doubt you'll have as much bother as we did but when we came up we were so naive even though we played very well most of the time.

I'd be astounded if you're ahead of us this season though. You've not got a clinical striker like Vardy and your defence is horrifying. The rest though is class and you'll do ok.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

It’s nice to see some young English players being entrusted in our team. Can only be positive for the future 

Imagine if we recall Barnes in Jan and manage to get him, Chilwell, Maddison, Gray and Maguire all in our side, and in the England squad to boot! :scarf:

(I might be getting a bit carried away)

1 minute ago, ALC Fox said:

Imagine if we recall Barnes in Jan and manage to get him, Chilwell, Maddison, Gray and Maguire all in our side, and in the England squad to boot! :scarf:

(I might be getting a bit carried away)

I’d let Barnes have the full season there tbh. He’s ripping it up apparently which can only be a good thing for his confidence and experience 

• Like 1