Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Don’t know if it’s just me noticing it more this year or if it’s the first time a club has come up from the Championship and been so delusional. 

When the **** did Wolves become the saviour of modern football and have such delusions of grandeur? Their fans need a ****ing reality check. 

It does make me laugh, well one point against two teams with 10 men, even the refs are trying their best to make them win lol 

4 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Don’t know if it’s just me noticing it more this year or if it’s the first time a club has come up from the Championship and been so delusional. 

When the **** did Wolves become the saviour of modern football and have such delusions of grandeur? Their fans need a ****ing reality check. 

I’ve actually been more impressed with Fulham than Wolves. Can see them grinding out more results

25 minutes ago, Goober said:

The state of some of the comments in here. A lot of you sound like bloody Arsenal fans, right up your own arses because we’ve been in the prem a few years longer than this lot.

Thought Wolves looked good in spells. Think we did too. Glad we won 

When we got back into the Prem we weren't all banging on and believing that we were going to finish in the top 4 because we played well in a shit league and then spent a few pound notes. We were realistic, hoped for survival and knew it would be a tough job. Wolves fans are ****ing deluded beyond belief. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

True. They do seem a bit needy though. They were happy to take all of the praise from people pre season so I kind of think they should take the rough with the smooth.

Aye I’ve got no problem with slagging them off. Glad we were able to take them down a peg yesterday. The media love-in and Neville’s arse kissing of them last night has been bollocks.

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

When we got back into the Prem we weren't all banging on and believing that we were going to finish in the top 4 because we played well in a shit league and then spent a few pound notes. We were realistic, hoped for survival and knew it would be a tough job. Wolves fans are ****ing deluded beyond belief. 

Sure. That Fadsie seems a bit of a weirdo and a few of them are probably suffering from delusions of grandeur but it’s the posts from folk that are coming across as arrogant lectures. Not a good look imo.

sure the majority of Wolves fans are fairly level-headed while being pretty optimistic mind. Most of the shite that’s been spouted has come from the media imo

• Like 1

Guest MattP

That's the best Wolves can play, we weren't anywhere near our best and we still won 2-0 despite having a quarter of the match with ten men.

That says a lot about where they are.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Last week people were trying to use stats to alter perspecitve on the game, ultimately we lost, that's the bottom line, yesterday a few stats went against us, we won.

You're funny.

For the reason above.

They won on zG stats or whatever its called by the way (apparently), you were saying we should have won last week (Or certainly feeling hard done by and felt we could have won) because of that? Now you're making excuses for Wolves' chances, shots and hitting the post - more chances and clear cut chances that we had last week. (Apologies if it wasn't you).

On both sides of the argument you can alter alot of facts using stats and it amazes me (For better or worse) people take that much notice of them, didn't we take the piss out of other clubs (Mainly Tottenham) for crying about stats in our title winning season.

Yeah it was me, but you understand for me to hold one view about Wolves doesn't mean I hold the alternate view about Leicester, right? That's pretty basic. I don't think Wolves played that well, I also don't think Leicester played well. Not a hard concept to grasp. Wolves had one clear chance this game, we had none, yet we won 2-0, I agree. On the balance of it we did not deserve that, but me saying Wolves were not that good does not mean I think Leiceser were just because we won.

And for the record, they did not have more clear chances than Leicester did last week.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fadsie said:

Not really what happenes is it. We dominated posession and created several chances we should have scored

We didnt. Our fault. Leicester created nothing. I know you find it hard to admit that you were lucky to get 3 points against a team who were better on the day but it doesnt make it any less true!!! Keep telling yourselves though!!

You created one chance you plank, the rest were no better than we created and were mostly speculative shots.

Hitting the post or bar from distance means feck all.

Two games against 10 men, 1 point. Welcome to the premier league.

• Like 1

Not a great performance, and we were lucky not to be 1 or 2 down before we scored. We came into the game after that, and thought we were growing more into the game up until the red. 

After the red I thought we managed the game quite well defensively.

Not vintage but good enough to take the 3 points.

Ricardo is not the greatest defender but offers us so much going forward. Evans looked lost on the right hand side of defence but looked much more assured when we switched to 3 at the back and he played on the left. Not the best start to the season for Vardy, no real pre season and now misses the next few weeks, so hopefully he can hit the ground running. Maddison will only get better, and I was quite impressed with Grey too, but he needs to work on his first touch. With a better first touch he could be frightening.

Mendy looked good, which is pleasing and I'd like his Leicester career to finally get going. 

So to summarise, team performance, not great but individually there were a few positives. We won, we taught a newly promoted team that you have to be more clinical and at times we played some great stuff, it was just too few and far between.

I thought that was a difficult watch ( quality pic on star sports 2 hd India ) we are clearly a work in progress and will undoubtably take time to gel. I thought Evans after a shaky start looked ok but can see the new bloke being next to Harry. We eased into a back 3 when required which gives ourselves some flexibility and a plan B. 

Mendy looked like the player we thought he might be and hats off to Puel for seeing that. The future looks bright for me but we need as fans to show some patience both to the team and Puel. I think January will see us buy a quality striker.

wolves will be mid table plus and will beat some decent teams for us I think we will be better away than at home.

15 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

No intent there, vardy’s foot moves naturally after a strong challenge. However in today’s game he did give reason for the ref to show red, so he didn’t need to go in like that. Not a red though

There doesn't need to be intent! He went in far too hard, if he hadn't his leg would never have gone that high and so hard.

20 minutes ago, MisterFoxKillen said:

"Vardy did not deserve a red card"

U34YHHF.jpg

take the leg out of that shot and instead replace it with a ball flying in to the back of the net, surely it’s just the natural follow through of a well struck side foot?

1 minute ago, shade said:

take the leg out of that shot and instead replace it with a ball flying in to the back of the net, surely it’s just the natural follow through of a well struck side foot?

Except the rule states that you cannot put your opponent in danger, Vardy did that, as such it is a red card.

1 minute ago, shade said:

Take the leg out of that shot and replace it with the ball flying into the back of the net and then you don't have a tackle, you have a shot on goal.

But.....

It was a tackle, not a shot on goal and it was wreckless, angry, uncontrolled and, more disappointingly, completely unnecessary

The whole tackle was weirdly aggressive out of nowhere, he just goes flying in for no reason and takes a huge risk.

Chilwell and Gray look good so far. I dunno whether it’s just knowing the manager believes in them but they seem a lot more assured than last year. 

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Except the rule states that you cannot put your opponent in danger, Vardy did that, as such it is a red card.

every full blooded challenge potentially puts an opposition player in danger, that’s massively subjective.

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Fadsie reminds me of the spurs fans when we won the league, at least spurs are actually good, wolves have proven nothing in the PL. We got more points than them in the championship and struggled in the Prem it is a different level. Welcome to the Premier League 

Wolves are just a Lidl version of Spurs 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Take the leg out of that shot and replace it with the ball flying into the back of the net and then you don't have a tackle, you have a shot on goal.

But.....

It was a tackle, not a shot on goal and it was wreckless, angry, uncontrolled and, more disappointingly, completely unnecessary

striking a ball with force is the same for a tackle or a shot, surely?

• Like 1

I actually find it amusing how people can say that it wasn't a red.

If that challenge was in Vardy you'd want the player banned for 10 games! 

Wolves fans would be on here saying it was never a red because he won the ball first and you'd all be slating them!

Regardless of whether or not he won the ball, regardless of whether or not there was intent (there was intent to go in hard) it's still a red! It was wreckless and uncontrolled.