Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

6 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I guess that utter melt @Fadsie will be unavailable for comment from now on, presumably his mummy has turned off the internet for today so he'll resort to replaying the game on FIFA in easy level to make him feel better ?

Too many people trying to talk sense to him - his inbox must be fuming with all the notifications! lol

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I guess that utter melt @Fadsie will be unavailable for comment from now on, presumably his mummy has turned off the internet for today so he'll resort to replaying the game on FIFA in easy level to make him feel better ?

Well let's hope so.

Generally, I like to hear from opposition fans, but on another club's forum, @Fadsie needs to learn to tread gently and be respectful rather than mouthing off.  

The howling wolf, one of the most mournful sounds in nature.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Imagine if we recall Barnes in Jan and manage to get him, Chilwell, Maddison, Gray and Maguire all in our side, and in the England squad to boot! :scarf:

(I might be getting a bit carried away)

Steady on pal, we're not Wolves ?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I’d let Barnes have the full season there tbh. He’s ripping it up apparently which can only be a good thing for his confidence and experience 

Couldn’t agree more. I think Barnes will flourish and the physicality of the Championship will help him cope when he does finally step up to the Prem. 

19 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Just putting this out there but I would tell vichai to do anything he can to get neves at the club he's class

Is this a serious suggestion?

On the assumption it is, there is no way we'll get Neves. Wolves are an ambitious club with plenty of cash, if Neves goes it'll be to an elite club.

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He kicked the ball and the defender arrived late... he deserves a red because the defender was late to the tackle? 

The defender actually bottled the tackle and did nothing but stand still. Thats why he got hurt. Vardy as ever was full blooded in his tackle, and I would not want him to change. This time, in todays game it was a red card due to the follow through, even though Vardy clearly won the ball, he caught the player after. Plus side is Kelechi now has 3 games, which is a bonus for him to carry on his good pre season and see how he will do in his preferred position. We have a young team and all looks positive. 

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What I don't get is why you sold Douglas? Jonny is more suited to RWB but you're playing him LWB I assume as you have no alternative?

He was bought as a LB which is where he played for Celta Vigo for a few seasons. He's naturally a RB but is equally at home on the left. 

Douglas was sold because he wasn't good enough defensively apparently. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

At the time of the red card the possession stats were 53/47 in our favour. I remember cos I checked it right there and then. After that of course Wolves were gonna have more the ball being 2 goals down a 1 man up.

Was about to post this. I looked about 5 minutes before the red card and it was 55/45 in our favour.

14 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Not all wolves fans are deluded saw this on their fourmCapture.thumb.PNG.cae94d06e0f3a85ed963f529dba7c3f5.PNG

A smart wolves fan... we win the championship with 102 points and struggled in the PL. it is different class teams will hurt you badly here. Why the media and the like thought they could just waltz in here and claim to be the best outside the top six is a joke... when we won the championship with 102 points we were predicted to be relegated for the next two seasons after... what makes wolves so wonderful to them? 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Whilst that fan had some major salt @The Bear should be recognised as a good example of a fan of another club on our forum. Clearly unhappy with the result and feels his team were unlucky but not going to lecture us on why we “lost” a game we won 2-0. And that is cool with me. 

Oh he did, not quite as salty as fadsie though

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 1

Being able to pass the ball around in the middle of the park and have a few pot shots outside the box isn’t going to cut it. You need to be able to defend and create/finish proper chances... out the whole game only Doherty had a serious opportunity to score the others were no more than pot shots and we played with 10 for 30 minutes... 

3 hours ago, Fadsie said:

We are happy with mid table for our first season. Its not salty tears its just i tell it how it is. Leicester offered nothing at all in an attacking sense. With 11 men on the pitch. Going down to 10 just made them even more negative and defensive. The result is ultimately what matters so well done for getting 3 points but if you want to slag off wolves based on that game then you should be really worried. We are a newly promoted team and came to your home and controlled the game. You never looked like scoring. You wont get that lucky again all season

1493284326_Screenshot_20180819-100002_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.15bb7b0486815ebc8f5c69280385ba5d.jpg

You are correct Wolves had a lot of possession, but as you will find possession means nothing unless you are Man City. We had more against United and played well, but lost. Yesterday, we didn't get out of second gear because didn't need to. Neves will be class, he is a great player to watch and Traore will be direct and exciting to watch but as always needs to work on end product, and more importantly you need more players in the box. Yes you can call it lucky for both our goals. But if you want to talk about "luck", why was Doherty facing his own goal when heading the ball, body position all wrong, and for the second goal your captain turned his back so the ball spun in off him. If he stood firm and took the shot he would have blocked it! for the team. It was not a powerful shot. That is not luck, but poor defending. Wolves will sit comfortably in mid table and it is nice to see a side try and play football instead of long ball. 

We were poor, but we have a very young side with a lot of potential England players with Chilwell, Maddison and Gray which is good to see, plus Maguire for now! We will play far better in the coming weeks and will no doubt lose, and you will play a lot worse and get a win. Football ..

3 hours ago, Fadsie said:

Not really what happenes is it. We dominated posession and created several chances we should have scored

We didnt. Our fault. Leicester created nothing. I know you find it hard to admit that you were lucky to get 3 points against a team who were better on the day but it doesnt make it any less true!!! Keep telling yourselves though!!

Mate, the marking of a good side is to win when you do not play well. The mark of side in trouble is one which dominates, plays well and still cannot get the job done. We had this in our first season back for 3/4 of the season. You’ve had two games at this level and both where you’ve played large parts of the games against ten. You haven’t been able to “dominate” either game where it matters. 

For 30 minutes yesterday, you were up against us where we lost our talisman/focal point and yet I can’t remember you carving us open, in fact we were relatively comfortable. I think you will give a good battle to stay up and will do so. However, if you think being successful in this league only needs a bit of pretty football - you’re in for a rude awakening. 

Man U/City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and even Spurs will very rarely play you out of second gear but still win with ease.

Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Burnley, Watford, Newcastle and Southampton will set up in hard to break down manner. You quite clearly have difficulties getting in behind so will be reliant on long range screamers which, as you saw yesterday are not a regular occurrence.

youve already failed miserably against us and and Everton. With ten men in each game, you should really have more than a point. Especially considering one was at home. Even more so, if you think you’re a shoe in for the top ten. 

Not trying to put you down because like the other 19 teams in the premier league, Wolves are not really “one to watch” simply because you haven’t earned that tag yet. However, if you think your first two games give you comfort that you will be a guaranteed top ten team, you’re really in for a difficult year. There is nothing more frustrating than playing well and not winning. Search this forum in 2014/2015. We went through it and guess what with Vardy and Mahrez, Who, on yesterday’s show both were far better than anything you’ve got. 

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

One for most things, 3 for violent conduct. I'd assume they'd consider it violent conduct?

Unless the club appeals as well?

If they do appeal but fail to rescind it, it may also get extended by another game?

Edited by Wymeswold fox