Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

Happy with the result but to be honest I don't really think we played that well at all (although we did defend well with 10 men).

We started far too slowly again and could easily have found ourselves behind.

Evans in particular looked very poor, although I think we should cut him some slack as it's his first game, etc.

For me nobody had a brilliant game, but Pereira looked dangerous and I think he'll be a big player for us this year.

As for Wolves - they clearly have some good players, and I think they will be OK this year.

Onwards and upwards, I think we should be good when the new players have bedded in a bit more...although I really hope CP settles on a first team ASAP, he shouldn't change the team every week like he did tail end of last season.

• Like 1

We got the rub of the green yesterday. Wolves had some half decent chances in the first half which they really should have at least scored 1 from. What baffled me was their decision to take off their 2 arguably best players at half time. Their wingers ripped us apart and then they get subbed. 

Once we went to 10 men Wolves needed to impose themselves on us which they failed miserably. We were even more comfortable when we went to 10 men. 

Wolves look a half decent team. When we clicked yesterday we looked class. Miles better than what Wolves produced. Just no real end product. Neither keeper had any difficult saves to make. 

Wolves will eventually start getting wins under their belts. Safe mid table easily.

1 hour ago, tsintskaro said:

Vardy gonna miss 3 games? :(

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

The lazy sods already had about 7 weeks off lol

Lotsa of sex with mrs vardy time. Lol

Btw. We won 2 nil.

Possession  blah blah, shots on net blah blah. The only thing  that counts,  wins leagues and avoids relegation  are goals scored (on the opponents net) to get points.

Wolves fans getting a little spursy here. You have a decent team and should have no issue avoiding the drop. Dont get too caught up on stats though.  We proved  to the world they mean fuk all if you dont win.  

We might not have dominated but you can see how we are an experienced team now that will find ways to grind it out.  Winning in the prem league is never  easy nor pretty at times. 

Sucks to lose but cant change result. 

Hope we smash southampton!

21 hours ago, Bert said:

Just a presumption but I think a lot of people complain that they can’t see the players coming out. 

Back to the game. Not getting the Evans slating. Numerous times he was caught was because Ricardo was out of position. Thought Albrighton had a stinker, nothing came off for him. 

Apart from the cross leading to the own goal

Edit:

I see it’s been mentioned about half a dozen times before it did, and you’ve acknowledged. That’s what comes from reading the thread late and commenting as you go.

Nevertheless, I thought Albrighton started poorly but during the period that we dominated from shortly before the first goal to half time, he, Maddison, Ricardo and Mendy started to link up superbly.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

I think the Wolves manager got it right on MOTD. They need to be more ruthless. Especially with their second chance where Chilwell cleared it off the line. He shouldn’t have been given any chance to clear it to be honest. It should have been buried. There’s no point in having possession and creating chances if you can’t then finish.

We were lucky we weren’t playing another team yesterday who could finish chances. The game would have been about over within 25 mins.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simon73 said:

I am a wolves fan and you was very very lucky to win we will see who finishes higher at the end of the season and as for Vardy some of you  saying it’s not a red card are you watching the same game I wanted you lot to win the premier league and was rooting for you but now after saying we are shit and some of you deluded fans saying you hope we get relegated I will be rooting for any teams that play you and you think Maddison is better than any of our players   You are dreaming if you think he is better than neves or Moutinho you have been in this league quite a number of years we are establishing ourselves and we will stay up no problem 

You worry far too much about what opposition fans think.

7 minutes ago, Simon73 said:

I am a wolves fan and you was very very lucky to win we will see who finishes higher at the end of the season and as for Vardy some of you  saying it’s not a red card are you watching the same game I wanted you lot to win the premier league and was rooting for you but now after saying we are shit and some of you deluded fans saying you hope we get relegated I will be rooting for any teams that play you and you think Maddison is better than any of our players   You are dreaming if you think he is better than neves or Moutinho you have been in this league quite a number of years we are establishing ourselves and we will stay up no problem 

I can't remember how many times I've heard this said. Why do opposition fans think we should be grateful for that?

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Beechey said:

Completely irrelevant, Vardy going in so high on the knee/shin endangered Doherty. That's a straight red. Here is the rule:

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Except that it wasn’t a tackle or a challenge. He just got to the ball first and kicked it. The other guy arrived late and probably should have been booked for getting in the way.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Simon73 said:

Roughly translated....

"I'm going to stamp my feet, cry and run to my Mummy and tell on you lot"

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Except that it wasn’t a tackle or a challenge. He just got to the ball first and kicked it. The other guy arrived late and probably should have been booked for getting in the way.

Vardy going in for a 50/50 was not him challenging for the ball? Well, LCFC disagrees with you, given Puel said it was definitely a red.

Some of the Wolves fans are treading on glass, in thinking they'll finish above LCFC.

Starting to get tyred of their high expectations towards the club.

Hope they don't have a Goodyear in 2019 and go down..

31 minutes ago, Simon73 said:

Ffs not another one. Your forum must be shit if you all have to come on here to spout your bollocks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Simon73 said:

Welcome to FoxesTalk by the way. Now piss off, there’s a good lad

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Simon73 said:

Oh no Simon, please don’t support our opposition, anything but that.