Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thanks Wes.

3 hours ago, chapero82 said:

I don’t see what he did wrong at Man Utd to be dropped! Evans did no better yesterday I know it’s his first game, but I still think Wes is not worse than him 

Pep did say in his pre match tactial talk to target Harry as he was slow .He didnt talk about getting at Wes (REF Man City Documentary)

On 19/08/2018 at 09:49, nickm said:

And do you really think Evans was a good alternative? personally i thought his performance was diabolical, no wonder west brom got relegated!

Spot on. Evans was on Saturday Awful & was awful in pre season, Watching him get out paced by Jon Stead against Notts County sums him up, Slow & weak. Although Morgans days are up here imo hes still a better option than Evans. Hopefully we will get to see the new lads playing there soon.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Chillwell posted an Instagram story of them having a meal out for Wes. Could be a sign of him being phased out?

Simpson was there too. I don't think it was for Wes necessarily. Wes just had to pick up the group's bill. Possibly because he lost a game of wolf (the cards were on the table).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maf13r said:

Spot on. Evans was on Saturday Awful & was awful in pre season, Watching him get out paced by Jon Stead against Notts County sums him up, Slow & weak. Although Morgans days are up here imo hes still a better option than Evans. Hopefully we will get to see the new lads playing there soon.

If you’re agreeing with @nickm about the reasons behind WBA getting relegated is solely because of Evans then you’re an absolute tit.

21 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

I thought Evans looked slow in both his pace and reactions against Wolves.  He also looked like he couldnt be bothered too.

I'm getting tired of reading 'he couldn't be bothered':yawn:. Perhaps you are a keen student of body language, and can tell the inner workings of a man having a bit of a mare on his first appearance for us, but I doubt it.

Why not just stick to 'he was rubbish in the first half', almost everyone would agree with that. :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 19/08/2018 at 09:49, nickm said:

And do you really think Evans was a good alternative? personally i thought his performance was diabolical, no wonder west brom got relegated!

Yeh cos Hull got relegated as well cos of Maguire. After all 1 player make a the difference between relegation and staying up. And yeh lets judge a player after 1 game. 

1 hour ago, maf13r said:

No just agreeing he was awful you tit. 1 player doesnt get a team relegated tit.

Good you tit. He had a shit game but it’s his first start for us so instead of being a massive tit, get behind him you tit.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

Ok maybe couldnt be bothered was a bit harsh. But he appeared in my eyes a beaten man  that was yards off the pace. Lets hope its just an off day. 

I have to say the first 20 (or perhaps even 30) minutes was enough to make you weep, so I understand the strong reactions. Maybe he thought he wasn't really ready, or at least not ready enough to displace the club captain, who has at the very  least, a decent understanding with the rest of the defence.

If he was thinking that (and I don't have any real evidence either!), he was probably right because Wes might have lost a bit, but he isn't as bad as Evans was in the first half. :thumbup:

On 19/08/2018 at 19:27, Col city fan said:

I’ve had a post deleted already but methinks there was more to this thread than meets the eye.

:thumbup:

Not everyone is as obsessed with "likes" on a football website as others. Never really understood your need to be liked especially consdiering the things you write.

Edited by Guest

Wes is slowing down.  He’s mentally an excellent defender, still, he’s just not quick enough anymore.  Depending on the game and the forwards he’s playing against,  we’ll see him in some games.  I think Puel will be unlikely to send him off just yet.  We’re still not completely up to snuff in defence.