Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thanks Wes.

I think that Saturday finally signalled the end to our illustrious League winning Captain's certainty to a place in our starting lineup.

He came from the hated Forest and played and played and played. Every game he wore his heart on his sleeve and put his body on the line. I don't think I've ever seen a player throw himself in front of so many goal headed shots to keep us in a game.

You did us proud Wes and you probably became the most unlikely title winning captain in history.

Thanks for everything. You are a Leicester city Legend.

Think it’s a bit early to write him off for all the reasons you say thank you to him. His commitment is ferocious and there is still

a time and place  for that this season. I can’t be the only one who watched yesterday unfold - especially the first 45 minutes - and thought “I’d rather Wes was playing next to Harry”, can I? 

22 minutes ago, nickm said:

And do you really think Evans was a good alternative? personally i thought his performance was diabolical, no wonder west brom got relegated!

First half he was shocking but he improved throughout the game. He's had a shorter pre season than most due to an injury and he didn't play towards the end of last season, so give the bloke a chance. 

West Brom got relegated because they were crap. Not because of one player. Get a grip.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, nickm said:

And do you really think Evans was a good alternative? personally i thought his performance was diabolical, no wonder west brom got relegated!

Think WBA`s problem was more at the other end of the park nickm, don`t think they conceded an excessive amount of goals, I also think he grew into the game yesterday after a nervy start, he`ll be fine.

• Like 2

I'd not be hugely shocked to see him make a deadline day loan move back to Forest or Stoke. He's leaving come the summer anyway and a Championship club may well take a risk and offer him a very good salary. We'd probably agree to him going if someone paid 60-70% of his wages.

What a warrior he's been though, Pearson played a blinder in bringing him in.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FIF said:

I think that Saturday finally signalled the end to our illustrious League winning Captain's certainty to a place in our starting lineup.

He came from the hated Forest and played and played and played. Every game he wore his heart on his sleeve and put his body on the line. I don't think I've ever seen a player throw himself in front of so many goal headed shots to keep us in a game.

You did us proud Wes and you probably became the most unlikely title winning captain in history.

Thanks for everything. You are a Leicester city Legend.

Really well put. I was welling up reading that. 

• Like 1

One of the great things you can say about Wes is that there were probably three occasions where I thought he was finished and he always proved me wrong. I think he's one of those that will appreciated more and more when he's gone. He's a legend, no doubt about that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nickm said:

Had a dodgy start but grew into the game.

First 25 mins I wasn't impressed with Evans or Maguire. Both looked lackadaisical.