Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2018/19

Monday, September 10

Filip Benkovic, Belarus U21 v Croatia U21, European U21 Championship qualifying, 5pm

Caglar Soyuncu, Sweden v Turkey, Uefa Nations League, 7.45pm, Sky Sports red button

17 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Imagine being Danny Drinkwater now. He surely left because he couldn't get a game for England at Leicester. Now Southgate has no problem picking City fans

Danny turned down playing for England many times when he was selected as a Leicester player. I think you're doing him an injustice.

17 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Certainly a mitigating factor - i to not doubt for a moment he backed himself to succeed. 

I very much doubt it was a mitigating factor. He thought that he'd get to play in Europe and win trophies and earn more money doing it. It hasn't worked out that way for him but you can't blame the lad.

14 hours ago, Nod.E said:

If Demarai Gray is good enough to play for England, either we have a significant talent deficit, or I don't know as much about football as I think I do. 

I'm not sure he'll play but he was the best U21 player on the pitch this week and he is undervalued by many on the forum. He's certainly a better option for a friendly at king power than Sturridge or Wellbeck and Kane isn't much good against decent teams. He also has a good understanding with Chilwell (and probably Mags). I'm happy for the lad, hope he plays and bags a goal.

7 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Will be watching Caglar with interest this evening as he looked rather erratic in his last showing. Hopefully just a case of him getting back to match sharpness.

Any good? All I have to go by is the totally accurate https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1266296/Live/International-UEFA-Nations-League-B-2018-2019-Sweden-Turkey

18 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Drinkwater left for Chelsea because he backed himself to be playing for them and fighting for League titles year after year.

Not sure why everyone takes that decision so personally.

And effectively looks to have ended his playing career!

Money aside, I wonder if he regrets it?

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

And effectively looks to have ended his playing career!

Money aside, I wonder if he regrets it?

I think he'll have regrets on how it's gone but I doubt he'd regret taking the chance. He knew the risks and he backed himself.

He's not ended his playing career. He's 28 and will probably get a move in January.

Drinkwater has been forced into a rich man's retirement before the end of his career because his teammates are much better. Sounds shit tbh. At least Schlupp is playing Premier League football for a manager who values him - I'd rather play for a minnow than bench warm for a giant, but he ain't even doing that these days. It was his choice, his risk, and his financial gain but you have to feel for a player who has to watch his former and initially junior midfield partner be the first name on the teamsheet and be offered fifteen million a year while he himself can't even make the bench.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Drinkwater has been forced into a rich man's retirement before the end of his career because his teammates are much better. Sounds shit tbh. At least Schlupp is playing Premier League football for a manager who values him - I'd rather play for a minnow than bench warm for a giant, but he ain't even doing that these days. It was his choice, his risk, and his financial gain but you have to feel for a player who has to watch his former and initially junior midfield partner be the first name on the teamsheet and be offered fifteen million a year while he himself can't even make the bench.

He's 28 not 38. Of course he can play again.

We're each differently motivated but if my "company" offered me more than enough money for an early retirement I'd jump at the chance and enjoy whatever is left of my life in the way I want to enjoy it.

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

He's 28 not 38. Of course he can play again.

We're each differently motivated but if my "company" offered me more than enough money for an early retirement I'd jump at the chance and enjoy whatever is left of my life in the way I want to enjoy it.

If he runs out his contract he'll be 32 and I'm not sure what club will come in before to match Chelsea's valuation. I'd be very happy to take a five year break from work but I'm guessing to get to Premier League you're fairly determined and passionate about the game and your profession - anyway he's going to have to turn up for work for fitness and take part even though you know that'll end come matchtime. He should push for a loan but unless Chelsea reduce their asking price he's going nowhere. #freedanny

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Ricardo Doesn’t seem to be - cancelo and Soares ahead of him 

silva wasn’t selected and I doubt he will be again, given their younger resources 

And the fact he isn't playing very well.