Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2018/19

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

So it's safe to say we've done about £60m on defenders and they're all the pits at defending.

What makes you say that?

21 minutes ago, the fox said:

Ghezzal starts. 

Pm me a link if you have one - any language. Please.

Edited by Guest
forgot to be polite :-(

Sunday, September 9

Kasper Schmeichel, Denmark v Wales, Uefa Nations League, 5pm, Sky Sports Football

Andy King and Danny Ward, Denmark v Wales, Uefa Nations League, 5pm, Sky Sports Football

Exclusive: Gareth Southgate calls up Ben Chilwell and Demarai Gray to England squad for Switzerland game
Save
 Ben Chilwell and Demarai Gray
The Leicester pair could play at their home ground on Tuesday night after being called up for the first time CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES
 Matt Law, football news correspondent
9 SEPTEMBER 2018 • 5:40PM
Follow 
Gareth Southgate has called Leicester City duo Ben Chilwell and Demarai Gray into his England squad for Tuesday night’s friendly against Switzerland at the King Power Stadium.

Chilwell and Gray will not travel out to Latvia with the Under-21s on Monday after being called into the senior squad for the first time by England manager Southgate.

With left-back Luke Shaw ruled out of the Switzerland match after receiving a blow to the head in the defeat to Spain and goalscorer Marcus Rashford suffering a knock, Southgate decided he needed reinforcements.

His decision to call up left-back Chilwell and winger Gray will go down well with Leicester fans planning to watch England on the road on Tuesday night.

Chilwell has been in superb form and impressed in the Under-21s’ goalless draw with Holland, while Gray has already netted for Leicester this season and is a player Southgate likes.

Southgate was already a forward down after losing Raheem Sterling to injury and Gray will inject more pace into the squad.

Shaw had replaced his Manchester United team-mate Ashley Young in the England squad and, rather than go back to the 33-year-old, Southgate has decided to take the opportunity to have a close-up look at 21-year-old Chilwell.

Southgate had confirmed after the Spain game that he was considering calling up players from the Under-21s, saying: “I think it's likely we'll have to call some players in, most likely from the U21s.”

Chilwell will be delighted with his senior call-up after admitting that it would be particularly special to play for England in front of the Leicester crowd.

“I have been at Leicester since I was 12 and to play for England at the King Power is obviously going to be my dream,” said Chilwell. “All I can do is keep trying to knock on that door.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/09/exclusive-gareth-southgate-calls-ben-chilwell-demarai-gray-england/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Certainly a mitigating factor - i to not doubt for a moment he backed himself to succeed. 

I'm not so sure he's bothered though. He turned down an England advance whilst at Chelsea and in general seems to have been indifferent to the entire set up since being shunned for Euro 2016.

I doubt it passed his mind, to be honest.

48 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Imagine being Danny Drinkwater now. He surely left because he couldn't get a game for England at Leicester. Now Southgate has no problem picking City fans

I've said this before but I genuinely don't think Drinkwater is bothered about an England or International career.

He's turned down opportunities/pulling out/claiming injuries in the past and he must have been an Ostrich to think he'd get much game time at Chelsea thus chances to be picked for England would be even less likely.

Who am I to judge his move and I understand it would have been hard to turn down but surely very good money and playing week in week out here versus better money and limited opportunities at Chelsea went through his mind.

Edited by Matt

22 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If Shaw is concussed will Ben be called up to the senior squad for Tuesday? 

Yes. 

56 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Imagine being Danny Drinkwater now. He surely left because he couldn't get a game for England at Leicester. Now Southgate has no problem picking City fans

No wonder we didn't win the world Cup. What fecking idiot would pick fans to play. Southgate Out. 

Edited by sylofox