Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

I really don't care whether Puel has charisma or not. He is incredibly stubborn and lacking with tactical nous. There is no plan b and to leave out Fuchs, Simpson and Iborra when we are so struggling defensively is criminal. We don't seem very good at selecting managers imo generally. Would love Rodgers, Benitez or even Warner to have a go. Finally this give his plan time is utter rubbish. All good managers have plans Puel is befet of a plan b and unable to make astute tactical changes. Oh boy could he learn from Eddie Howe!! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HKFox said:

You do have a point, as fans of our club we can be that way. I will say though that this season our 2 wins we were poor in both games. Wolves could have easily been 2-O up before our first, we lacked any effort and desire at all. Southampton was a drab game, with a good goal from Bertrand, and then a long range Maguire winner that went between 2 players legs from distance. We did not play well in both our wins so I can see why people would come to that conclusion. 

I would say against united and Liverpool second half especially we played well. Looked to move the ball quickly and had chances to score. But we only really play well under Puel against the top 6, spurs and arsenal end of season, even though we lost to spurs, was a brilliant game to watch. Kalechi and Vardy linked up well, but then this season they don't play together. and against any other side, i think with the team we have on paper we should be dominating games with a tempo and pleasing style to watch. Yes we have young players but they are good players too. We set up so negatively and boring against Wolves, Southampton and Bournemouth where we should do what Wolves did to Burnley. Win, but dominate the game. 

Spot on, we have a team full of quality, yet a manager with none...He couldnt even see the problem on Saturday at half time thar Bournemouth were inviting the ball to go wide then snuffing the threat out. We only improved once he corrected that and subbed Gray & Ghazzeil off just after the hour, too little too late 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HKFox said:

You do have a point, as fans of our club we can be that way. I will say though that this season our 2 wins we were poor in both games. Wolves could have easily been 2-O up before our first, we lacked any effort and desire at all. Southampton was a drab game, with a good goal from Bertrand, and then a long range Maguire winner that went between 2 players legs from distance. We did not play well in both our wins so I can see why people would come to that conclusion. 

I would say against united and Liverpool second half especially we played well. Looked to move the ball quickly and had chances to score. But we only really play well under Puel against the top 6, spurs and arsenal end of season, even though we lost to spurs, was a brilliant game to watch. Kalechi and Vardy linked up well, but then this season they don't play together. and against any other side, i think with the team we have on paper we should be dominating games with a tempo and pleasing style to watch. Yes we have young players but they are good players too. We set up so negatively and boring against Wolves, Southampton and Bournemouth where we should do what Wolves did to Burnley. Win, but dominate the game. 

That was considerably better put than my mardy, sarcastic post lol. I fully agree, I am getting a bit frustrated with the kneejerk posts on here I have to say. I'm not a Puel fanboy by any stretch, there was a period last season I wanted him out sharpish, but when I read such shite it makes it very hard to even want to engage in sensible discussion.

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

His Southampton side absolutely smashed us 3-0 if you didn’t remember, could have been 5 or 6. Watch him on the sidelines, he does not lack charisma.

You mean the day we lined up in a 4-4-2 diamond which we never played and allowed the team who completed and scored the most crosses that season to have that much freedom down our flanks? CR handed the game to them simple as that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ashley said:

You mean the day we lined up in a 4-4-2 diamond which we never played and allowed the team who completed and scored the most crosses that season to have that much freedom down our flanks? CR handed the game to them simple as that.

Wasn't the 4-4-2 under Pearson in 2014/15? Dean Hammond in the hole

56 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Yes, that game. Raneiri tried to go toe to toe with puel but failed. Bad times.

4 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

It’s almost like you don’t watch Leicester city. Did you not see his celebration when Maguire scored? Or how he spends 90mins shouting orders at his players. 

I was joking mate :thumbup:. I just thought pro-Puel posts were prohibited.

27 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Yes he does lol because I’ve seen it with my own eyes every other Saturday.

I don't mean to come across in a bad manner, but if you think that is exhibiting passion and coaching from the sidelines every Saturday I am afraid what you would think of Pearson / Klopp or Conte [when he actually tried in the first season]. I guess this is why we love football, we can all watch the same game and managers styles and have completely different views on the topic. 

With Puel he just comes across so drab, and this to me leads to performances below the capabilities of the team. His media puts me to sleep, not a problem if the team show pride  and passion, but I can not see anything to suggest that he motivates a team. 

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

That was considerably better put than my mardy, sarcastic post lol. I fully agree, I am getting a bit frustrated with the kneejerk posts on here I have to say. I'm not a Puel fanboy by any stretch, there was a period last season I wanted him out sharpish, but when I read such shite it makes it very hard to even want to engage in sensible discussion.

I completely understand after reading a lot of 'shite' posts [to steal your phrase ] that you would come to such conclusions as there is a lot of negativity towards Puel.  We may not come to an agreement over the team / manager but can always have open discussions.

I am not a fan of Puel, but I am massively a fan of our club. So although I do not ever boo the manager at games or shout rubbish for him to leave, i will always support our team. We are not going to get relegated nor come in the top 6 so being a leicester fan for 3O years all I want to see is our team play with pride for the badge. I have no problem losing, tottenham away last year I loved that game. We played for the team and had a great match. Of course we can tear apart the defending and conceding so many goals but I saw a team play for each other. We have a hugely talented youthful squad who are not playing near their abilities which is my worry. 

27 minutes ago, HKFox said:

I don't mean to come across in a bad manner, but if you think that is exhibiting passion and coaching from the sidelines every Saturday I am afraid what you would think of Pearson / Klopp or Conte [when he actually tried in the first season]. I guess this is why we love football, we can all watch the same game and managers styles and have completely different views on the topic. 

With Puel he just comes across so drab, and this to me leads to performances below the capabilities of the team. His media puts me to sleep, not a problem if the team show pride  and passion, but I can not see anything to suggest that he motivates a team. 

The fact you’ve named Pearson in and amongst managers like Klopp and conte in terms of touch line antics tells me you’ve not got a clue lol and theirs some underlying agenda against puel imo / I don’t remember Pearson ever jumping and raving on the touch line

Edited by OhYesNdidi

17 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

The fact you’ve named Pearson in and amongst managers like Klopp and conte in terms of touch line antics tells me you’ve not got a clue lol and theirs some underlying agenda against puel imo / I don’t remember Pearson ever jumping and raving on the touch line

Pearson was always shouting on the sidelines and encouraging his players to be fair?!   Pearson did a lot for our football club bud dont forget that.

33 minutes ago, Leicester_lad_92 said:

Pearson was always shouting on the sidelines and encouraging his players to be fair?!   Pearson did a lot for our football club bud dont forget that.

No he didn’t .. spent most of his time sat in the stands with walsh

Edited by OhYesNdidi

48 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

No need to bring who has or hasn't got a clue.. This is a forum for a discussion. The fact we disagree is no problem. I never mentioned Pearson is as good as Klopp, so please read carefully before replying. I am on about touchline presence, and for the negative you mention about Pearson we never lost by more than 2 goals when he had us in the premiership and need to remind you he had GTF, Hammond and Konchesky in his teams, and certainly did not spend 1OOmill on players and be in no better position.  He had an aura on the sideline and players played for him. 

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

No he didn’t .. spent most of his time sat in the stands with walsh

hardly though, remember him saying he could get a better perspective after hed been sent off that time, whatever happened it worked, but i wouldn't class him as a man who just sat down, he was normally out in his trackies and white trainers lol  
I do miss that man at our football club, with shakey :(

12 hours ago, HKFox said:

I do not think he has improved defensively as a player at all. He is reasonable going forward as he always has been. But defensively he is average, positional play not good enough and I have not seen any improvements. 

Not having that. He's looked pretty reliable this season and our left side hasn't been exposed at all this season, our right side on the other hand looks an absolute shambles. 

3 hours ago, fairbanksh said:

I really don't care whether Puel has charisma or not. He is incredibly stubborn and lacking with tactical nous. There is no plan b and to leave out Fuchs, Simpson and Iborra when we are so struggling defensively is criminal. We don't seem very good at selecting managers imo generally. Would love Rodgers, Benitez or even Warner to have a go. Finally this give his plan time is utter rubbish. All good managers have plans Puel is befet of a plan b and unable to make astute tactical changes. Oh boy could he learn from Eddie Howe!! 

Both of those were responsible for us conceding a fair amount of goals last season. 

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We were average and very fortunate not to be 2-0 down

Yes, through long shots, rather than being cut open. They got through us clearly once (Chilwell clearance off the line). I think it's a bit harsh to say we were average simply because of the fact they hit the post twice from 25+ yard shots. They should have been 1 goal up at half time.

25 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Not having that. He's looked pretty reliable this season and our left side hasn't been exposed at all this season, our right side on the other hand looks an absolute shambles. 

I don't think he has improved from last season. He was excellent on loan at Huddersfield by all reports, and I really felt he would be better defensively than he is at the moment. I rate chilwell and think he has potential to be a top full back in the premiership, I just personally don't see an improvement at the moment. Agreed, on our right back, similar too Chilwell they are better going forward than defending, and Ricardo looks like he can not tackle either which is worrying for a full back. So many goals have come from his side. 

24 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Yes, through long shots, rather than being cut open. They got through us clearly once (Chilwell clearance off the line). I think it's a bit harsh to say we were average simply because of the fact they hit the post twice from 25+ yard shots. They should have been 1 goal up at half time.

But we also had an own goal from a fairly straight forward cross and a deflected goal from long range, in terms of who looked the more dangerous and effective it was Wolves by a long stretch. But we took our chances however they came and then in the 2nd half we ticked over nicely. It wasn't a convincing performance though and yet it's been our best result of the season, something else to factor in when you consider the state of us.

6 hours ago, smr said:

Seem to remember a certain bloke called Martin who fans held up 'get out' banners up at filbert street one evening.... I had lost confidence in Puel last season but i am fully behind him now, i agree with the owner's plans. Give him time.

Time to do even more damage ?

• Like 2