Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

On 15/09/2018 at 16:42, cityfanlee23 said:

We aren't going to get Wenger, Conte or Zidane. 

Blanc is unlikely. 

Here is a list of available managers.

Lambert

De boer

Pardew

Bilic

Moyes

Allardyce

Ranieri

Henry

Di Matteo

If i've missed any feel free to add, but to those who want Puel out, who the hell do you want in?

Lambert is underrated. Just saying.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I still believe we need to give him time !!

The Bournemouth game is not a true reflection on the season so far. He is the first manager to recognize the teams shortcomings and attempt to fix them. 

Firing managers on a regular basis does not encourage quality people to join join us.

Patience people, patience.

Bournemouth is exactly the culmination of the season so far. We have been appalling defensively in every game and finally got our whalloping.

How Puel can not see this is mind blowing.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Chilwell? 

I do not think he has improved defensively as a player at all. He is reasonable going forward as he always has been. But defensively he is average, positional play not good enough and I have not seen any improvements. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Do we know that for sure though? When was he quoted saying he was happy with the attacking options heading into the season

If he wasn't happy with the attacking options why let not one but two strikers go? Where were their replacements? Face it he is so far out of his depth it's coming home to roost.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Do we know that for sure though? When was he quoted saying he was happy with the attacking options heading into the season

Yes, he said several times he was happy with his squad. He'd alluded to being happy even before Ghezzal came in, so you can't read much in to it as nobody in their right mind would be.

Seem to remember a certain bloke called Martin who fans held up 'get out' banners up at filbert street one evening.... I had lost confidence in Puel last season but i am fully behind him now, i agree with the owner's plans. Give him time.

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I also remember a certain Peter who was given more time after a horrendous end to the previous season. He'd dismantled a successful side, trying to build a lasting legacy and we ended up in ruins. For every O'Neill, there's a Taylor.

Puel's previous record suggests that he clearly isn't another Peter Taylor. 

9 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Funny how a nice hot summer can make people forget about the way we played from Feb-May.... Puel is a terrible manager, and was lucky to even get the job in the first place, im afraid its more of the same this season. He wont be here at christmas, good riddance! 

Your comments make you sound like a twisted old man, calm down. He’s clearly not an awful manager. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, smr said:

Seem to remember a certain bloke called Martin who fans held up 'get out' banners up at filbert street one evening.... I had lost confidence in Puel last season but i am fully behind him now, i agree with the owner's plans. Give him time.

A year is more than enough time in football. we looked better and more organised under Shakespere, We have a good squad on paper but with a manager that doesnt match

6 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

You clearly didnt watch Southampton season befroe last, regardless of their league position. Ive seen sloths with more charisma 

His Southampton side absolutely smashed us 3-0 if you didn’t remember, could have been 5 or 6. Watch him on the sidelines, he does not lack charisma.

56 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

His Southampton side absolutely smashed us 3-0 if you didn’t remember, could have been 5 or 6. Watch him on the sidelines, he does not lack charisma.

Puels Brother ?? 

The one we have does nothing on the sidelines. 

Good to see that when we win, all the excuses are rolled out for why the opposition lost, but when we lose, it's analysed for all it's worth and exaggerated where required lol.

Now get Rafa "5-4-1" Benitez in sharpish :banana:.

3 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Good to see that when we win, all the excuses are rolled out for why the opposition lost, but when we lose, it's analysed for all it's worth and exaggerated where required lol.

Now get Rafa "5-4-1" Benitez in sharpish :banana:.

You do have a point, as fans of our club we can be that way. I will say though that this season our 2 wins we were poor in both games. Wolves could have easily been 2-O up before our first, we lacked any effort and desire at all. Southampton was a drab game, with a good goal from Bertrand, and then a long range Maguire winner that went between 2 players legs from distance. We did not play well in both our wins so I can see why people would come to that conclusion. 

I would say against united and Liverpool second half especially we played well. Looked to move the ball quickly and had chances to score. But we only really play well under Puel against the top 6, spurs and arsenal end of season, even though we lost to spurs, was a brilliant game to watch. Kalechi and Vardy linked up well, but then this season they don't play together. and against any other side, i think with the team we have on paper we should be dominating games with a tempo and pleasing style to watch. Yes we have young players but they are good players too. We set up so negatively and boring against Wolves, Southampton and Bournemouth where we should do what Wolves did to Burnley. Win, but dominate the game. 

• Like 1