Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Puel is at his best when we aren't playing. Honestly, read how the positivity grows as the days add up from the last time we played. When you get an international break, it's even more so. Our fans start to boast about the great young squad we have and how the futures so bright, but we soon come crashing back once the next games been played. End the season already.

Interesting point actually. I am also starting to think that his policy of using youth, is also clouding people's judgement on what is actually going on and given a leniency to Puel that another Manager wouldn't usually be afforded. This attitude that we are a work in progress because we sign and use young players, can only wash for so long surely?

Don't get me wrong, I think he should be given another 5-10 games to get it right, but certainly no more than that, if we continue to see performances and systems like today. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Really how many clubs these days don’t sack a manager more or less every season or two at the most? 

We deserve better

In the PL, the managers of Huddersfield, Bournemouth, United, Man City, Spurs, Liverpool, Brighton, Fulham, Newcastle and Burnley have all been in the job more than a full year, and I think they've all been in 2 years or more? It's about half the league

It's not sustainable to sack a manager every year though, or in our case, possibly edging on 2 per year.

Edited by Beechey

Our absolute number one target was David Wagner. He’s reached his limit with Huddersfield and their resources clearly. If there was to be a change I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t still target number 1. 

*not suggesting this is a good idea FYI

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Really how many clubs these days don’t sack a manager more or less every season or two at the most? 

We deserve better

Not entirely convinced we do. I wholeheartedly think that we have some of the most embarrassing fans in the country. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Not entirely convinced we do. I wholeheartedly think that we have some of the most embarrassing fans in the country. 

We won the league 3 seasons ago we have the right to deserve better as the players that won it for us we have only lost 2 . Kante was the biggest lose to any team in the history of football. And the price he went for was criminal 

Edited by stulcfc

I’m not sure this thread contains an actual genuine Puel out so here goes,Puel Out! Time to move on from this buffoon! 

Edited by elvisfmcfly
Autocorrect put and instead of an And I didn’t want to look like a buffoon so I’ve edited it you cants

18 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I know what you are saying Ben @BenTheFox but really if we as Leicester fans don’t want better for OUR team then who does? Really? 

Just don’t think Puel inspires at all

18 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

why? Because some are unhappy about a Manager under performing? Try every other team forum who lost today! 75% probably have some posters on their calling for their manager's head! 

Stop being dramatic ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Me

So you think you have the qualities Dr The Singh to be the next manager of LCFC a rather sought ought post, please attach your CV here we'll take a look and get back to you, also what sort of salary are you looking at at you’re plan to sort this sorry lot out and your 5 year plan forward ..??

yours sincerely 

regards

and all that 

VS X

3 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Eddie Howe

break the bank for him and give Home time and funds etc etc 

I'd love a young, talented English manager to come in and there is no better than him, especially with the brand of football he plays. 

I think it would be tough to get him though, as he has such an infinity with Bournemouth and the one time he did move away from them, he bombed and ended right back there. They have also had a great start to the season and are likely to stay up again with ease and so again be able to invest well next Summer. 

Our owners would have to make him a huge offer and sell him on our future ambitions with the new training ground and stadium development. 

Doable for sure, but that bond he has with Bournemouth might only be broken by a bigger club than us OR inevitably, the England job. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He'll get to October to prove himself, if he's sacked it'll be a big name replacement; Rodgers most likely.

Can see Rodgers leaving next Summer, but not before that. Celtic are is boyhood club and he constantly talks about his love and respect for them. I think he will leave the proper way and not until their season is done and he has another 2 trophies in the cabinet. 

He's on my list for sure, but I just think for a club our size, it would be a Summer move, IF ever

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

We deserve better

Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp, Pochettino, Dyche, Howe, Wagner, Benitez, Jokanovic and Warnock off the top of my head are all in at least their third season. Emery is Arsenal’s first managerial change in two decades.

The clubs that sack their managers often are Watford, Everton, Chelsea, Palace and West Ham. They either spunk loads of money, are in London, one of the most successful clubs in European football this century or are badly run.

We deserve whatever we get for making shit appointments. 

• Like 1

Just now, elvisfmcfly said:

id expect a maximum 4 from that under Puel!

If we only take 4 points from them 3, then there are serious questions to be asked. At the absolute minimum we should be taking 5, beat Hudds and draws in the other 2. Newcastle aren't easy to beat under Rafa but they arent very good and we should be beating teams like these. But if we defend like we did today then we may not win any of the games. Hudds is our best shot as apart from the fact they are absoultely terrible, Morgan will be suspended! But if we want to be aiming for a top half finish we need to be beating the likes of Newcastle away and Hudds and Everton at home.

I couldn’t make my mind up last season how I felt about puel, I found him uninspiring but we as fans don’t really know how he comes across in the dressing room etc so for me that’s not an issue, after the Arsenal and Tottenham games I went into the summer optimistic, the transfer window seemed relatively positive 

This season after watching the first 5 games I just don’t feel Puel is the right man, I understand many fans want to buy into changing the whole ethos of the playing style and bringing young players through but the future is happening whilst you are planning what to do with it, do we have the players to keep possession and pass the ball? 

For me in the in the first 4 games the striker has just looked so isolated, I don’t understand the team\Squad selections, I don’t understand the substitutions, I just don’t understand the tactics or formations.

I will still turn up every week to support my team, I will never boo the players and I will never leave early but I just can’t buy into this manager, i hope I’m wrong, I don’t want to be negative about any city manager but hopefully I’m wrong.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

A lot of the people on here going on about the style and a project, blah blah blah, are probably the same people who left early most games last season... and let's not forget the early walkout on the 'lap of honour game!'

I would just like to see a Leicester team defend properly. Sod the build up, Eddie Howe gets a lot of praise for that, but he went more direct today as he saw our weakness.

Puel is just a poor mans Wenger, will never change system to defeat an opponent, it will be the same set-up every week and same tactic. When you are one of the best teams in the country, you can do it, but we simply, are not.

Games this season we have lost:

Utd and Liverpool we had a lot of possession and 'were the better team'... but at what point did we really look like scoring... it took a ball to ricochet off the post onto Vardy's head against Utd and Alisson to gift us a goal against Liverpool to get on the scoresheet. Possession, without carrying a threat, doesn't mean we played well!!

Today... well just utter b*******'s, especially defensively. Maddison always made himself available, but there were no other options than Vardy. Gray, was again, useless. He must be one of the most overrated players in the league, possibly in our history.

The games we have won... Maguire scored from outside the box from a pot shot that went through a cumbersome centre back. Take your rose tinted glasses off, we were terrible, even against 10 men, we wasted most of the opportunity passing the ball sideways. When that didn't work, we just gave the ball away and invited Southampton onto us.

Against Wolves... no-one can honestly say we deserved to win that... Doherty headed into his own net after they hit the woodwork twice, we then scored from a deflected shot that was never going in until that slice of luck. We were dominated at home.

We have had 4-5 good games with the Fraud in charge, but that's ok, because Chilwell plays and so does Gray… oh oh oh Puel haters, they've both been called up by England... due to injury to others...

"Oh oh oh our style of play is better because we have more possession"... when we won the league we had the lowest amount of possesion, and everyone was giving it back to opposition fans saying possession isn't what wins games... but apparently now, it means we were unlucky to lose?

Open your eyes, look back at the results and the performances again and seriously ask whether Puel is actually the right man and whether you are convinced he has made enough of a positive impact ON THE FIELD, not just off it.

As this is a post with who should replace him with... There is only one manager I would consider at the moment... He is English... he likes to play with possession, which is what you all want apparently, but with some bloody substance! He has brought through youth (which again seems to be a must)…Dean Smith at Brentford... If our owners insist on a 'name' then I fear for us this season, It'll be a rollercoaster as per usual.

Spot on

It's not been a great start to the season, neither has it been a disaster. I wondered whether it was practical for Puel to stay on at the end of last season, clearly the board thought it was and we haven't seen enough of this season to know whether or not they were right. I can wait a little longer, and recognise that there are no easy fall-back options. It's not as if Pearson (who KP employ, therefore making him by default the most obvious alternative) is rewriting the history books at Leuven, and of all the alternatives it's hard to know who would correct the wrongs of the Puel era while maintaining the longer-term project.

You never know who will click with a club. Who'd have thought Pearson would struggle at Leuven and Derby, or be such a massive success with us? Who'd have thought Eriksson would fail? That Ranieri would be our greatest ever manager? But there are always plenty of people out there who could potentially click. It could be a big name like Benitez, Rodgers, Howe (it's always possible that someone you'd never imagine to be interested in the post, is interested in it). A wild card like Smith. Or something totally unexpected like Henry, a guy we don't fancy like Big Sam, or a lurch backwards to Pearson / Ranieri with the old backroom team intact. It's very, very rare that you get a sense that someone is overwhelmingly right for the job, and then they prove to be. None of the aforementioned stir anything in me personally, with the possible exception of Howe.

Our best and most realistic bet, for now, is Puel. But I hope serious questions are being asked behind the scenes. Of our players, our coaches, our manager, our recruitment and of the people who choose our managers.

• Like 1