Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

any one walking past, who thinks they could do the job. his selections are just terrible, gray should never play again, and why the hell did we spent money on center backs to just play the same shit. also puel is paying the price for not buying a good back up striker. i think his time is near.

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

If we only take 4 points from them 3, then there are serious questions to be asked. At the absolute minimum we should be taking 5, beat Hudds and draws in the other 2. Newcastle aren't easy to beat under Rafa but they arent very good and we should be beating teams like these. But if we defend like we did today then we may not win any of the games. Hudds is our best shot as apart from the fact they are absoultely terrible, Morgan will be suspended! But if we want to be aiming for a top half finish we need to be beating the likes of Newcastle away and Hudds and Everton at home.

Well I agree and I’ve asked my questions of Puel,now I just want him gone and have since end of January! If we get a top half finish under him that reflects more on the quality of the league than him,but I’m confident he won’t be here at Christmas!

• Like 1

I'm still hopeful that it will click for Puel but if it doesn't my choice would still be Rafa Benitez. People criticise his football but he's kept a team full of championship players in the Prem whilst having players sold from under his nose. I think he'd do wonders with our squad and resources.

14 hours ago, Otis said:

None. Just embarrassing that this is even being talked about.

Can I please ask why you think this is embarrassing ? We show no improvement, concede lots of goals since Puel has come in, we have a very talented squad and with a decent manager we would be challenging for top 7 certainly with a team showing pride to play for us, instead of what we have seen since christmas. 

• Like 1

Football saddens me these days on how quickly things change. Yesterday wasn't great, we shipped 4 at Bournemouth so not completely defending it but it was a weird game.... We started well but went behind, we pushed to equalise but conceded again and before we knew it, we'd conceded a pen. Freak game for me and I actually think we've played worse this season and won! 

Im not going to whole heartedly defend puel but come on guys, do we really need to be Sacking a manager again after 5 games in which we've already played united and Liverpool..... Our squad is very young and he's trying to change things. A win next week and things will look a whole lot better 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I get why people think there is a lot of knee jerking going on, but I don’t agree that’s necessarily the case.

i am Puel out, and have been since early in the second half of last season, I just can’t see him working long term and feel we should have made a change sooner. Backing him in the summer was a long shot and on showings  like yesterday, it’s just not working.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Football saddens me these days on how quickly things change. Yesterday wasn't great, we shipped 4 at Bournemouth so not completely defending it but it was a weird game.... We started well but went behind, we pushed to equalise but conceded again and before we knew it, we'd conceded a pen. Freak game for me and I actually think we've played worse this season and won! 

Im not going to whole heartedly defend puel but come on guys, do we really need to be Sacking a manager again after 5 games in which we've already played united and Liverpool..... Our squad is very young and he's trying to change things. A win next week and things will look a whole lot better 

We'd started the season playing Arsenal, United, Chelsea and Liverpool last season under Shakespeare. Did anyone use that as a defence for him?

No, and I didn't expect them too, because we were poor under him.

The point remains here, the comparison regarding 'already played United and Liverpool' makes just as much sense though.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

We'd started the season playing Arsenal, United, Chelsea and Liverpool last season under Shakespeare. Did anyone use that as a defence for him?

No, and I didn't expect them too, because we were poor under him.

The point remains here, the comparison regarding 'already player United and Liverpool' makes just as much sense though.

Im not saying your wrong and you make valid points. All I'm saying is I don't think we need to be Sacking puel after a knee jerk reaction to yesterday's freak result 

I expected a turbulent season, as we’ve lost our talisman from the previous 4 seasons and arguably our best ever player. The thing that worries me though, is we have spent a fortune on that defence and looks so suspect. Riccardo is not a right back, Puel seems incapable of seeing 3-5-2 is the perfect escape from his failings.

He needs to adapt or fùck off and let somebody else do the job. My patience is wearing thin.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We aren't going to get Wenger, Conte or Zidane. 

Blanc is unlikely. 

Here is a list of available managers.

Lambert

De boer

Pardew

Bilic

Moyes

Allardyce

Ranieri

Henry

Di Matteo

If i've missed any feel free to add, but to those who want Puel out, who the hell do you want in?

thats not the point, the joker should have been sacked in the summer, those players aint playing for him, his motivational skills are zero and he has to go immediately in my opinion. They will probably wait to see what happens with Raafa.

I totally understand some of the fans frustrations, however it's going to be like this after a loss to every team we could realistically get something out of. 

I can see some progression, yet it can be frustrating to watch some times. I believe he is trying to build something here and he should be given time. 

With a young squad we will have poor games like yesterday, tactically some of it may have been Puel's fault but too many players were defensive poor. Coupled with not defending against their counter attacks it was a disaster. 

We need to be more clinical in front of goal. Put away some of the earlier chances and it's a different game. 

Give him until the end of the season as long as the players are playing for him. 

Those wanting him gone need to realise the club are looking to build long term, and changing manager so easily is not helping that. Plus if he was to be replaced, the incoming manager would need to have a similar style and philosophy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hinckleyref said:

thats not the point, the joker should have been sacked in the summer, those players aint playing for him, his motivational skills are zero and he has to go immediately in my opinion. They will probably wait to see what happens with Raafa.

The players ain't playing for him? Oh dear. Have you watched anything this season 

6 hours ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I couldn’t make my mind up last season how I felt about puel, I found him uninspiring but we as fans don’t really know how he comes across in the dressing room etc so for me that’s not an issue, after the Arsenal and Tottenham games I went into the summer optimistic, the transfer window seemed relatively positive 

This season after watching the first 5 games I just don’t feel Puel is the right man, I understand many fans want to buy into changing the whole ethos of the playing style and bringing young players through but the future is happening whilst you are planning what to do with it, do we have the players to keep possession and pass the ball? 

For me in the in the first 4 games the striker has just looked so isolated, I don’t understand the team\Squad selections, I don’t understand the substitutions, I just don’t understand the tactics or formations.

I will still turn up every week to support my team, I will never boo the players and I will never leave early but I just can’t buy into this manager, i hope I’m wrong, I don’t want to be negative about any city manager but hopefully I’m wrong.

Superb post and I pretty much agree

6 hours ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I couldn’t make my mind up last season how I felt about puel, I found him uninspiring but we as fans don’t really know how he comes across in the dressing room etc so for me that’s not an issue, after the Arsenal and Tottenham games I went into the summer optimistic, the transfer window seemed relatively positive 

This season after watching the first 5 games I just don’t feel Puel is the right man, I understand many fans want to buy into changing the whole ethos of the playing style and bringing young players through but the future is happening whilst you are planning what to do with it, do we have the players to keep possession and pass the ball? 

For me in the in the first 4 games the striker has just looked so isolated, I don’t understand the team\Squad selections, I don’t understand the substitutions, I just don’t understand the tactics or formations.

I will still turn up every week to support my team, I will never boo the players and I will never leave early but I just can’t buy into this manager, i hope I’m wrong, I don’t want to be negative about any city manager but hopefully I’m wrong.

Fully agree with this.

Most sensible post I've read

• Like 1

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Can see Rodgers leaving next Summer, but not before that. Celtic are is boyhood club and he constantly talks about his love and respect for them. I think he will leave the proper way and not until their season is done and he has another 2 trophies in the cabinet. 

He's on my list for sure, but I just think for a club our size, it would be a Summer move, IF ever

Completely understand that, just think the owners will want a big name manager and there was a big link with him in the summer; if there’s any legs in the story isn’t known, but certainly matches the owners ambitions.

Typical of the instant, instant, instant society we live in. You just can't keep chopping and changing the manager. Its just not healthy. Bournemouth are a good side at home and we need to get a reality check. We had one bad result. A  win against Huddersfield and all can be forgotten. 

What Puel needs to do in my opinion is be brave enough to drop Morgan out the side as he just isn't good enough now. Teams are just going to counter attack us if we have two slow CB's when we loose possession like Bournemouth did. 

What we need is a midfield that is working its socks off to win the 2nd balls and halt a counter attack when our full backs have gone on the attack. The amount of freedom Bournemouth were given was criminal. We have many Central midfielders but not convinced any are actually that good. Essential Albrighton plays for me as his work rate is very important.