Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

3 hours ago, Pete from the USA said:

Thanks for asking. I find Puel annoying, but I like that he has a plan. Like other Puel-in-ers, my biggest fear is firing a manager before his plan runs its course, and ending up with no plan at all. Clubs that do this get dropped. There is more to executing a plan than bringing in players (which Puel is done). They need to play together, make mistakes, and work out the bugs. PL games are won/lost on fine margins. It takes time to get the details right.

Liverpool and Man City had exactly the same problem against counter-attacks (remember Vardy's hat trick against Man City in Dec. '16?). They stuck with their managers through two seasons and three transfer windows, worked out the bugs, and are doing well. We need to give Puel the same amount of time. 

Puel can hardly talk, and I can't stay awake in his press conferences. But he's the first manager we've had since Pearson who has a vision for where to take the club. It's not the vision I would have picked, but it's way better than no vision at all which is what we had under Ranieri and Shakespeare. 

That is a possibility to remove Puel and end up with no plan, we can see he plays youngsters and gives them a lot of game time, which is great! I just can not see that he improves any of them. Of course things take time, but he has been here for 1Omonths pretty much, and I have seen some of the most dull and flat performances from the manager, players and even our supporters. As an example, Burnley at home last season sums this up just nothing for 9O minutes. 

I did not remember that particular Vardy hat trick so thank you for reminding me and getting to see the goals again. Both of those teams kept respective managers but liverpool were playing decent football with regards to style and learning a new way to play pressing from the front from Klopps first game in charge, and Guardiola is arguably the best manager around at the present time. 

I just can not see Puel's vision having a positive impact on our team. Of course I will support the team and not chant for Puel out at games. The players we have are certainly good enough to finish in the top 1O playing attractive passionate football that represents our club. We seem to represent our manager and that is flat, uninterested dour football. His press conferences do put us too sleep, and I think his team talks must be similar [of course I do not know if this is actually true but performances can suggest this]. Our team are showing signs of lack of discipline and we could have had both cbs sent off yesterday easily. The team do not seem to be playing with hunger / desire, I am not asking for Pearson back but we had a toughness and defensive shape instilled which has completely vanished under Puel. 

I do not think it is too much to ask to set a team up where we are not left with 2 slow centre backs on the half way line against 2 of the quickest strikers in the league. Regardless of the teams style of play, and our manager sits in his seat offering as much 'coaching ' and instructions to change the game when we are losing, as I give from my seat. I do agree we had no vision under Ranieri or Shakespeare who were both just playing the next fixture rather than implementing any strategy or plan. 

On 15/09/2018 at 16:50, cityfanlee23 said:

Yep, the usual knee jerk suspects can't wait to sack everyone, they never have a plan though. 

We don't need a plan. We have no say in who goes and who comes we are just fans with an opinion on here. But that doesn't mean we can't criticise a bad manager and wish him gone just because we have no idea who to replace him with, it's not our problem.

Nothing knee jerk about wanting him out either he's had plenty of time now and is clearly failing both tactically and by his poor man management. Personally, I am against sacking for the sake of it but in Puels case I'll make an exception. His bizarre team selections and even odder subs beggar belief. Lose on Saturday and he's out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, HKFox said:

That is a possibility to remove Puel and end up with no plan, we can see he plays youngsters and gives them a lot of game time, which is great! I just can not see that he improves any of them. Of course things take time, but he has been here for 1Omonths pretty much, and I have seen some of the most dull and flat performances from the manager, players and even our supporters. As an example, Burnley at home last season sums this up just nothing for 9O minutes. 

I did not remember that particular Vardy hat trick so thank you for reminding me and getting to see the goals again. Both of those teams kept respective managers but liverpool were playing decent football with regards to style and learning a new way to play pressing from the front from Klopps first game in charge, and Guardiola is arguably the best manager around at the present time. 

I just can not see Puel's vision having a positive impact on our team. Of course I will support the team and not chant for Puel out at games. The players we have are certainly good enough to finish in the top 1O playing attractive passionate football that represents our club. We seem to represent our manager and that is flat, uninterested dour football. His press conferences do put us too sleep, and I think his team talks must be similar [of course I do not know if this is actually true but performances can suggest this]. Our team are showing signs of lack of discipline and we could have had both cbs sent off yesterday easily. The team do not seem to be playing with hunger / desire, I am not asking for Pearson back but we had a toughness and defensive shape instilled which has completely vanished under Puel. 

I do not think it is too much to ask to set a team up where we are not left with 2 slow centre backs on the half way line against 2 of the quickest strikers in the league. Regardless of the teams style of play, and our manager sits in his seat offering as much 'coaching ' and instructions to change the game when we are losing, as I give from my seat. I do agree we had no vision under Ranieri or Shakespeare who were both just playing the next fixture rather than implementing any strategy or plan. 

I understand your point. We have seen some flat performances. But we have also seen some spirited displays such as against Arsenal at the end of last season. I actually thought the team looked pretty spirited against Bournemouth. We just got humiliatingly tactically outplayed.  

Maybe the right thing to do is to give Puel a few months (say, until the beginning of December) to fix the defensive problem. If he can do it, the new system could really take off. If he can't, or worse doesn't even see that there is a defensive problem, we revolt and get him sacked. How does that sound?

• Like 1

I still believe we need to give him time !!

The Bournemouth game is not a true reflection on the season so far. He is the first manager to recognize the teams shortcomings and attempt to fix them. 

Firing managers on a regular basis does not encourage quality people to join join us.

Patience people, patience.

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

The Bournemouth game is not a true reflection on the season so far. He is the first manager to recognize the teams shortcomings and attempt to fix them. 

Firing managers on a regular basis does not encourage quality people to join join us.

patience.............not a chance in hell with some of our fans

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Our season so far---Two unlucky loss's two lucky wins and an embarrassing drubbing.  The point is he simply does not recognize the team's shortcomings, hence the playing of Morgan when everyone and his dog can see he needs dropping.

His idea of fixing things was to sell two strikers in the close season and end up with him playing Grey in that role ? not to mention playing Amarty at right back when he had Simpson available who is ten times the player Amarty will ever be. We don't need patience we need a new manager.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Our season so far---Two unlucky loss's two lucky wins and an embarrassing drubbing.  The point is he simply does not recognize the team's shortcomings, hence the playing of Morgan when everyone and his dog can see he needs dropping.

His idea of fixing things was to sell two strikers in the close season and end up with him playing Grey in that role ? not to mention playing Amarty at right back when he had Simpson available who is ten times the player Amarty will ever be. We don't need patience we need a new manager.

Hmmm.... i am not impressed by puel other than his willingness to select youngsters.

So we have to look at his decisions before and during the game... and his transfer calls.  I find it baffling that given the unproven status of nacho we did not sign a striker.  

His in game decisions seem inert.

And i think he needs to be getting more from grey diabate chillwell .... can he improve them?  His reputation says yes but we have yet to see it.

Like you...I am becoming ambivalent about puel

• Like 1

On 15/09/2018 at 16:58, ARTY_FOX said:

What vision is that though? He plays for possession stats that everyone has become so obsessed with why we create nothing until it’s too late if at all. 

He he doesn’t seem to realise you can have possession and attacking intent it’s like he thinks if we shoot it’s wasted possession. 

I hate the possession stat, it really is the most pointless stat going as we proved when we won the Premier league, it’s what you do when you have the ball that counts. 

• Like 1

Saying Puel has a plan is a bit insulting to all the other managers the caste majority will also have a plan! He needs a much more rounded vision of premiership tactics and players. I really hope I'm wrong but this obsessing with his plan really won't achieve progress. He was a bad choice and I see no signs of improvement. 

• Thanks 1

Not sure which way to go with this, I'm encouraged by the signings and direction but the results aren't there! 

Thing is in days past I would have said to sack him off but really I can't think of anyone who will realistically replace him and be a success, either way to keep him or to sack him is a gamble.

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

We've been having a lot of terrible games for the past 2 seasons. At least under Puel we have periods in most games where we try to play football

Its an improvement

It's only an improvement if we succeed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's only an improvement if we succeed.

Some here have been saying the football is boring and theyd prefer exciting football that gets us relegated

I dont agree with that. But i do think we need to give him time and he might succeed. Havent written him off yet, in a word. Before the result at the weekend a lot of us were seeing the positives

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pete from the USA said:

I understand your point. We have seen some flat performances. But we have also seen some spirited displays such as against Arsenal at the end of last season. I actually thought the team looked pretty spirited against Bournemouth. We just got humiliatingly tactically outplayed.  

Maybe the right thing to do is to give Puel a few months (say, until the beginning of December) to fix the defensive problem. If he can do it, the new system could really take off. If he can't, or worse doesn't even see that there is a defensive problem, we revolt and get him sacked. How does that sound?

Arsenal had 10 men for 85 minutes I should remind you.

Other than Southampton away who we beat (who were relegation fodder at the time) who else have we played well against and won in the last 7 months? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Arsenal had 10 men for 85 minutes I should remind you.

Other than Southampton away who we beat (who were relegation fodder at the time) who else have we played well against and won in the last 7 months? 

yet the fickle foxes talk member saw the arse game as a new dawn - and we put aside all our reservations from the palace and wham games - and we stuck with claud...   I still can't believe that the arse game changed so much! I am wondering how this will end.

To me everything depends on whether Puel starts working out a strategy to defend against counterattacks. If he starts working on this, I think we should be patient and give him a chance to fix the bugs.

If he denies that there is a defensive problem, or thinks it's OK to be so open at the back and does nothing, we should revolt and get him sacked.