Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's 7-8 of the same team as last season and the exact same style of play, therefore if we're still just as crap there's no evidence of improvement and it's appropriate to consider this seasons poor start as an extension of last seasons atrocious final few months. 

yeah but patience, ignore last season, don't dare question or flag up that there are alarming similarities, just carry on clapping....

2016 ruined us....

you bloody idiot bell-end for having those opinions grrrr!

:yawn: :rolleyes:

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's 7-8 of the same team as last season and the exact same style of play, therefore if we're still just as crap there's no evidence of improvement and it's appropriate to consider this seasons poor start as an extension of last seasons atrocious final few months. 

Sorry,but without going into a break down detail,the movement is better.Maddison and the Mendy suprise,gives us more space and Ffront

Progress.Defending corners,looks better albeit L'pool cock-up,wrong on field decision making...

I don't expect wonders,and said all along the progress will be slow. 

5 games,not one turgid performance. Tho no great performance.

I won't going to chase negatives,prefer to sit back and enjoy the journey.Expect only a draw at the weekend...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Sorry,but without going into a break down detail,the movement is better.Maddison and the Mendy suprise,gives us more space and Ffront

Progress.Defending corners,looks better albeit L'pool cock-up,wrong on field decision making...

I don't expect wonders,and said all along the progress will be slow. 

5 games,not one turgid performance. Tho no great performance.

I won't going to chase negatives,prefer to sit back and enjoy the journey.Expect only a draw at the weekend...

We are so bad defensively this season and half of our goals scored have been consolations. Another 1 was an own goal and another a deflection from out the area, it's quite easy to cut through the bull shit and see we're nowhere near progressing at all. I hope we do, we've a nucelus of players that could do well but he's going about it horribly.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We are so bad defensively this season and half of our goals scored have been consolations. Another 1 was an own goal and another a deflection from out the area, it's quite easy to cut through the bull shit and see we're nowhere near progressing at all. I hope we do, we've a nucelus of players that could do well but he's going about it horribly.

Rebuilds by nature are horrible....

a goal for or against...is goal is a goal.

our defence has to be sorted..no arguments there..

If we were looking to replace Puel, then I would offer the job to Steve Walsh. He had a canny head on his shoulders, both when playing for us and assistant coach. He surely must be ideal now for an upgrade to manager. He knows the club and it's fans, and there is very little he doesn't know about the game. Surely, Walshie is well worth a punt, if we are going to find a replacement for C  P.

:yesyes:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

If we were looking to replace Puel, then I would offer the job to Steve Walsh. He had a canny head on his shoulders, both when playing for us and assistant coach. He surely must be ideal now for an upgrade to manager. He knows the club and it's fans, and there is very little he doesn't know about the game. Surely, Walshie is well worth a punt, if we are going to find a replacement for C  P.

:yesyes:

You should do stand up

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Just the defence? It's Puels tactics and team selection that needs sorting not the players. We have made no progress whatsoever since last season despite the new players. 

The same dreary pass back side to side sluggish build up only for it to fizzle out in the final third. Then getting done on the counter as Our centre backs get turned inside out because our left back and right back are still halfway up the pitch ( and neither can defend anyway).

Just look at Puel on the touchline, does he look like inspiring the players? In fact, does he even look like he knows what he is doing? He was a disastrous appointment and will continue to be so until he's shown the door. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Well it's not is it. If we were winning games 2-1 or 3-1 most weeks and conceded late consolations, although it would be an annoyance it's less of a problem than shopping goals and gifting teams head starts in matches. Likewise if we keep losing games but scoring a goal or two each game it counts for very little, especially if the goals tend to come when the game is already lost. It's a results business and currently we aren't up to scratch. This rebuild I'd have expected to have progressed by now, as I've said nearly 3/4 of this team played under Puel for the best part of a year now and Mendy and Ricardo played under him at Nice so it's only Maddison (our shining light so far) and Ghezzal who haven't played under him (Ghezzal was in the academy at Lyon when he was there but never played for him). I expect better, this isn't a load of novices being taught something alien, we are underachieving and it needs rectifying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We're still poor defensively but Puel's faith in Chilwell has given us a England left back, we now have a better Gray, Mendy is a new and excellent player, we're getting better keeping possession and our attacking play with Richardo, Ghezzal and Maddison is much improved from last season. Obviously if Puel can't make our defence stop leaking goals then we have to consider looking elsewhere but your post makes it sound like the start of this season is exactly the same as the end of last season which is misleading. He still has problems with defence, particularly the space at right back and our center half partnership, and he needs to fix those to keep his job but we have improved from last season.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Just the defence? It's Puels tactics and team selection that needs sorting not the players. We have made no progress whatsoever since last season despite the new players. 

The same dreary pass back side to side sluggish build up only for it to fizzle out in the final third. Then getting done on the counter as Our centre backs get turned inside out because our left back and right back are still halfway up the pitch ( and neither can defend anyway).

Just look at Puel on the touchline, does he look like inspiring the players? In fact, does he even look like he knows what he is doing? He was a disastrous appointment and will continue to be so until he's shown the door. 

Yet look on here and there are numerous different team selections as well as different formations and tactics!  Which contributor is the true messiah, which one do we follow? Or do we just have a bash at a different combination every week then, if we win one game, stick with that one til we lose again,slag it it off and have another guess?

Puel has clearly wasted all his last 10+ years in management and watching his players in training all week, all he ever needed to do was come on here ... sorted!

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yet look on here and there are numerous different team selections as well as different formations and tactics!  Which contributor is the true messiah, which one do we follow? Or do we just have a bash at a different combination every week then, if we win one game, stick with that one til we lose again,slag it it off and have another guess?

Puel has clearly wasted all his last 10+ years in management and watching his players in training all week, all he ever needed to do was come on here ... sorted!

I don't need to have ten years in management myself to recognise a bad manager. All I have to do is go down each week and watch it get worse and worse, and it really is.

Oh and he's been sacked twice in that period so what does that tell you?

Edited by Bunyip
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Bunyip said:

I don't need to have ten years in management myself to recognise a bad manager. All I have to do is go down each week and watch it get worse and worse, and it really is.

Oh and he's been sacked twice in that period so what does that tell you?

Ahhh fiddle-sticks!!!  When Puel,gets us to top eight,and a great cup run....I'm coming over,with my Puel-fueled wheelchair,

Ready to give you great hugs,and wet kisses in celebration,and you whispering with @Ric Flair bahhhh humbug

And watch you two digest the biggest humble pie,your wife's can make....:trumpet:...:frantics:not forgetting...:cheers:

Well if the Blue Moon Forum is anything like this one we might be in with a shout at getting Pep as they might have a few calling for his head now:ph34r:. I am a Leicester fan so want him to succeed and we are on a new direction, losing 2 out of the last 3 POTS for the PL will cause problems. Take away that one magic season and we are probably in as good a place as we have been in 40/50 years. Don't forget even under MON we were always punching above our weight grinding out results. The owners have put in a tremendous amount of groundwork to keep us growing. Who would have thought a decade ago we would be getting a training ground worth more than our two local giants of football Derby & Forest

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Ahhh fiddle-sticks!!!  When Puel,gets us to top eight,and a great cup run....I'm coming over,with my Puel-fueled wheelchair,

Ready to give you great hugs,and wet kisses in celebration,and you whispering with @Ric Flair bahhhh humbug

And watch you two digest the biggest humble pie,your wife's can make....:trumpet:...:frantics:not forgetting...:cheers:

Hahahaaa. I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong, I often am. However, this confidence some of you have about this revolution under Puel is blind faith. I fear for the mental breakdown when you all realise it was a myth and santa claudes isn't real. 

• Like 1

think if we dont win the next 4 games , HES GONE. so 3 games in the league and one in the cup, i think the owners will call time on him if he does not produce the goods. AND HE will only have himself to blame, because he really needs to change the team around ,that means changes in defense and getting rid of gray. maybe going 3 at the back. but if he keeps playing the same style with the sames players he will be gone.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Wrong. the quality of football has changed and i see clear fine tuning. Last season was to adapt and implement small adjustments, the style you see this season is not the same at all. we now have a capable no.10

9 minutes ago, bpfox said:

think if we dont win the next 4 games , HES GONE. so 3 games in the league and one in the cup, i think the owners will call time on him if he does not produce the goods. AND HE will only have himself to blame, because he really needs to change the team around ,that means changes in defense and getting rid of gray. maybe going 3 at the back. but if he keeps playing the same style with the sames players he will be gone.

You need to see the sights behind the scenes at the club this time around. For once I see a positive direction and not stuck using the same aging players and having new clear vision on how we will replace and move forward in the next 4-5 years. The young talent he has gave trust and improved 'Chilwell' is prime example. It will take a little time for it all to gel. You remind me of a typical fan that expects results TODAY and league winning nostalgia. get with the progra,m we are not top 6 yet. we are under a transition of maintenence.

Edited by Simoken
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

Wrong. the quality of football has changed and i see clear fine tuning. Last season was to adapt and implement small adjustments, the style you see this season is not the same at all. we now have a capable no.10

You need to see the sights behind the scenes at the club this time around. For once I see a positive direction and not stuck using the same aging players and having new clear vision on how we will replace and move forward in the next 4-5 years. The young talent he has gave trust and improved 'Chilwell' is prime example. It will take a little time for it all to gel. He remind me of a typical fan that expects results TODAY and league winning nostalgia. get with the progra,m we are not top 6 yet. we are under a transiation of maintenence.

good luck telling the owners that.

10 minutes ago, Simoken said:

You need to see the sights behind the scenes at the club this time around. For once I see a positive direction and not stuck using the same aging players and having new clear vision on how we will replace and move forward in the next 4-5 years. The young talent he has gave trust and improved 'Chilwell' is prime example. It will take a little time for it all to gel. You remind me of a typical fan that expects results TODAY and league winning nostalgia. get with the progra,m we are not top 6 yet. we are under a transition of maintenence.

The quality of play has changed, you're right. It's got even worse somehow. Weve now got our attacking full backs we've badly craved and they've left us exposed to the point we're getting pumped 4 zip away at some backwater like Bournemouth. Maddison, our shining light is spending large parts of the game unable to get the ball as we persist in fannying about with it and we've a penchent for going striker less. Stop peddling this myth we're on some sort of footballing pilgrimage under Puel, it's the pits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The quality of play has changed, you're right. It's got even worse somehow. Weve now got our attacking full backs we've badly craved and they've left us exposed to the point we're getting pumped 4 zip away at some backwater like Bournemouth. Maddison, our shining light is spending large parts of the game unable to get the ball as we persist in fannying about with it and we've a penchent for going striker less. Stop peddling this myth we're on some sort of footballing pilgrimage under Puel, it's the pits.

Yeah, lets go back to lobbing it up front to Vardy with hope, while the opposition sits back and cleans it up. Shakespeare/Ranieri failed to make this system work, and they paid the price. I would prefer to see something different being attempted and evolve from it, thats more exciting to think about but you cant see past anything more than yesterday. If you think we can go from Counter attacking > possession based in a year and play just as its being planned then you clearly dont know how business works. You have to fail before you succeed. regards to Maddison and your comments, its his first season in the premier league, as always lets give him a full season before judgement yeah?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, katieakita said:

Well if the Blue Moon Forum is anything like this one we might be in with a shout at getting Pep as they might have a few calling for his head now:ph34r:. I am a Leicester fan so want him to succeed and we are on a new direction, losing 2 out of the last 3 POTS for the PL will cause problems. Take away that one magic season and we are probably in as good a place as we have been in 40/50 years. Don't forget even under MON we were always punching above our weight grinding out results. The owners have put in a tremendous amount of groundwork to keep us growing. Who would have thought a decade ago we would be getting a training ground worth more than our two local giants of football Derby & Forest

I agree with you. We have everything we could wish for as fans. Except for the one thing we always fall down on and that's a decent manager. Puel isn't the answer he's the problem 

29 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Sadly I'm looking at the sights on the pitch and I'm seeing nothing there that gives me hope for the future of anywhere near the top six. Never mind small adjustments we need a wholesale change of tactics and a manager who can inspire and lead. I'm afraid Puel is not that person. The very fact that not only are a lot of the fans saying he needs to go but the bookies know it too. 

• Like 1