Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

I'm not advocating sacking Puel but if we're really struggling this season José Bordalás at Getafe has done a cracking job. Worth keeping tabs on but we seem unable to appoint a manager from abroad and actually tempt a manger already in a job to leave.

I know it’s only the fans directly linked to a club who can make a firm judgement on a manager. However if we sack Puel in any position similar to currently, the public opinion will be that we are mad. Cue various pundits and various journalists jumping on too.

All likely to feed into the agents of managers and managers. We commonly see Howe, Benitez and Wagner all cited as options but all three could hit the relegation zone and they know they have the comfort of a club likely to keep with them. Why change from that to a club who will sack you for finishing mid-table?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I know it’s only the fans directly linked to a club who can make a firm judgement on a manager. However if we sack Puel in any position similar to currently, the public opinion will be that we are mad. Cue various pundits and various journalists jumping on too.

All likely to feed into the agents of managers and managers. We commonly see Howe, Benitez and Wagner all cited as options but all three could hit the relegation zone and they know they have the comfort of a club likely to keep with them. Why change from that to a club who will sack you for finishing mid-table?

It was ok for Everton and West Ham to do it last season,Puel should have gone then,I don’t care what anyone says/thinks about us,they are mostly hypocrites.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

It was ok for Everton and West Ham to do it last season,Puel should have gone then,I don’t care what anyone says/thinks about us,they are mostly hypocrites.

West Ham were in and out of the relegation zone. Moyes had a contract to the end of the season. 

Everton probably was a little harsh - but they’ve ended up with the guy they always wanted and facing a points deduction because of it. 

You dont think managers would be put off by our managerial record?

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

West Ham were in and out of the relegation zone. Moyes had a contract to the end of the season. 

Everton probably was a little harsh - but they’ve ended up with the guy they always wanted and facing a points deduction because of it. 

Maybe but the last 2 appointments should never have been made or Puel should have got the contract till the end of the season at most.We keep having bad transfer windows and appointing the wrong manager so we ll do well to stay mid table.

7 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Good to see that when we win, all the excuses are rolled out for why the opposition lost, but when we lose, it's analysed for all it's worth and exaggerated where required lol.

Now get Rafa "5-4-1" Benitez in sharpish :banana:.

Imagine the Huddersfield match is the reverse of the Wolves game. We start really well, hit the woodwork three times, have three shots on target as Wolves did yet we lose 2-0. Will people say we deserved to win afterwards on here?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Maybe but the last 2 appointments should never have been made or Puel should have got the contract till the end of the season at most.We keep having bad transfer windows and appointing the wrong manager so we ll do well to stay mid table.

When we sacked Shakespeare, the favourites were Pardew and Coleman. Say what you want but I'd rather make love to Puel than have either of the other two anywhere near our club. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

When we sacked Shakespeare, the favourites were Pardew and Coleman. Say what you want but I'd rather make love to Puel than have either of the other two anywhere near our club. 

pretty sure some LCFC fans think Coleman is decent, already shown hes a crap club manager tbh

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

No, managers back themselves and don't really care as they're getting a huge pay off if they are sacked. The reasons managers don't go for jobs is resources. We've got such a lot going for us and are on the verge of huge expansions, some very good managers would come here with the right convincing.

Had we won Saturday, we'd not be having this conversation. Puel will see the problem, and it is down to more than just our centre backs being dozy and/or slow. It was all Leicester until goal 2, that's overlooked, or edited out of memories. There's a lot right, or going the right way, it just takes longer than 5 matches after a fairly big overhaul. I think that my main concern is I'm not convinced who the leader is, who is organising on the field. It's one argument in favour of Silva's inclusion. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Had we won Saturday, we'd not be having this conversation. Puel will see the problem, and it is down to more than just our centre backs being dozy and/or slow. It was all Leicester until goal 2, that's overlooked, or edited out of memories. There's a lot right, or going the right way, it just takes longer than 5 matches after a fairly big overhaul. I think that my main concern is I'm not convinced who the leader is, who is organising on the field. It's one argument in favour of Silva's inclusion. 

What evidence is there that he will see the problem? I’m judging this from last season and it’s exactly the same,conceding 3 4 And 5 away from home regularly,he’s done nothing to fix the defending ,he’s a total Demic,I don’t know what people are looking at to be so optimistic.

Edited by elvisfmcfly

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

No, managers back themselves and don't really care as they're getting a huge pay off if they are sacked. The reasons managers don't go for jobs is resources. We've got such a lot going for us and are on the verge of huge expansions, some very good managers would come here with the right convincing.

Managers do back themselves - no doubt. As do players, ending up marooned at clubs like Drinkwater. 

But the last manager we pinched from another club was Pearson. He was managing Hull who were financially ****ed.

Every manager we've hired since up in PL was unemployed. So it's either three things a) no manager at another club fancies it b) Rudkin and KP take the cheaper choice  c) there's no footballing expertise to identify a promising manager from abroad or from the lower leagues. 

• Like 1

There really is something wrong in the higher echelons of the club. For a club with our resources managerial recruitment is poor, hit and miss. I don't understand why we can't identify /recruit young or experienced managers with some decent pedigree. As mentioned several recently have been out of work tbh Claudio was a lucky shot. I'm not sure what the answer is with Wheelman and Rudin naive to the extreme

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Managers do back themselves - no doubt. As do players, ending up marooned at clubs like Drinkwater. 

But the last manager we pinched from another club was Pearson. He was managing Hull who were financially ****ed.

Every manager we've hired since up in PL was unemployed. So it's either three things a) no manager at another club fancies it b) Rudkin and KP take the cheaper choice  c) there's no footballing expertise to identify a promising manager from abroad or from the lower leagues. 

C) 100%

7 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

What evidence is there that he will see the problem? I’m judging this from last season and it’s exactly the same,conceding 3 4 And 5 away from home regularly,he’s done nothing to fix the defending ,he’s a total Demic,I don’t know what people are looking at to be so optimistic.

It's the difference between being sceptical and cynical. 

I’m not certain he’d even be interested in the job but Benitez wouldn’t be as negative here. He’s always been pragmatic but that Newcastle team is absolutely toss. He wouldn’t have us playing free flowing football but we’d play higher up and show more ambition than how he plays currently.

• Like 1