Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Benkovic January Recall?

15 hours ago, los dedos said:

You make it sound like we will just cave as soon as a big club come along . He's got a contract  and unless a club offer very silly money he isn't going anywhere .

He’ll be gone faster than we can learn to properly pronounce his name for an offer in the region of £30m which is pocket money for the Big 6. 

21 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Best hope Puel don't get sacked anytime soon then. Or pray his replacement likes to play the youngsters. 

That's pretty much my position on Puel. I'll happily switch my support for a manager who can keep up in the Prem and is as good with young players. But I haven't seen him yet.

40 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

He’ll be gone faster than we can learn to properly pronounce his name for an offer in the region of £30m which is pocket money for the Big 6. 

Yeah because we let Mahrez go so easy. Also a good job Mags fought tooth and nail to stay here and not go OT. 

We are no longer a selling club. In other news (this maybe old news to most. But it's going to be breaking news for some.) May 2016 Leicester City won the premier league title. 

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Yeah because we let Mahrez go so easy. Also a good job Mags fought tooth and nail to stay here and not go OT. 

We are no longer a selling club. In other news (this maybe old news to most. But it's going to be breaking news for some.) May 2016 Leicester City won the premier league title. 

Mahrez didn't go so easy. 

He attracted interest since the title win season, we didn't bother to sell

He requested transfer, we still didn't sell

Until the point he running away from the club, we finally sell him.. 6 months later 

4 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

Until the point he running away from the club, we finally sell him.. 6 months later 

Whoooooshhhhh that's my point. We don't just sell any more. 

I love football and have supported Leicester for over 35 years but some fans of Premier League teams are sanctimonious delusional pricks with short memories. I think the current Celtic team really would be terrified of Huddersfield, Southampton, Cardiff, Burnley, Newcastle, Watford, Wolves yes and even Leicester et al.  Yea right.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Wrong post

Edited by NaijaFox

11 hours ago, sylofox said:

He's NO Mahrez. Not even a Maguire. And frankly (even in today's silly money market), 30 mil for unproven talent is hardly "so easy"!

Edited by NaijaFox

27 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

You do recognize that his take is basically a Strawman’s Argument? We don’t have to be a so-called “selling club” to sell players.

You don't understand what a strawman is if you think what sylo argued is one. Given you're misrepresenting their argument, you're closer to that.

We won't capitulate and sell immediately for 30m; we showed with Mahrez, who stayed at least a year longer than anyone expected, and with Maguire in the summer just gone, that we won't let players go easily, and they're not leaving unless the deal is right for us. We're not a club that lets it's players go for the first non-derisory offer (which is what everyone understands a selling club to be - no-one considers Barcelona a selling club for getting £200m for Neymar) these days.

• Like 1

. he is getting valuable experience at a decent level with a good coach.

he will win someting which is good for his mentality (assume he won stuff back home aswell)

we have plenty of centre back options this season 

we will need him next season

unless we get a ridiculous offer for Harry in jan or one of existing centre backs suffers a bad injury, he won’t be recalled

he will be in our first team squad next season 

what else is there to add ????

23 hours ago, sylofox said:

Well we didn’t let Mahrez go easy did we, if that was the case he’d have gone as soon as he handed his first transfer request in. Maguire also didn’t fight tooth and nail to stay here. He was told he wasn’t going anywhere and no bid would be accepted whatever the price. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Well we didn’t let Mahrez go easy did we, if that was the case he’d have gone as soon as he handed his first transfer request in. Maguire also didn’t fight tooth and nail to stay here. He was told he wasn’t going anywhere and no bid would be accepted whatever the price. 

He was being sarcastic :P

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

You really missed that one Bert. lol lol

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

You do recognize that his take is basically a Strawman’s Argument? We don’t have to be a so-called “selling club” to sell players.

Sorry.  You have lost me.  Basically if we want to keep Benkovic we can.  If a big team comes in and we do not want to sell at that point in time and for the fee they are offering, recent history tells me the player will not be sold off.  Simples.  

PS I do not know any Streamen so cannot comment on that statement.

On 01/12/2018 at 11:06, NaijaFox said:

23 hours ago, sylofox said:

21 minutes ago, Bert said:

That explain it Bert. 

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Sorry.  You have lost me.  Basically if we want to keep Benkovic we can.  If a big team comes in and we do not want to sell at that point in time and for the fee they are offering, recent history tells me the player will not be sold off.  Simples.  

PS I do not know any Streamen so cannot comment on that statement.

Leave it mozartfox he's either a troll or has no understanding of our club. Probably a Croatian fan boy.