Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Benkovic January Recall?

21 hours ago, mozartfox said:

That's my boy......    

Filip Benkovic has suggested to The Scottish Sun that he is using Celtic as a stepping stone to prepare him for life in the Premier League.

Benkovic joined Celtic on a season-long loan shortly after completing a £13 million move [Sky Sports] to Leicester City in August.

The 21-year-old has been a revelation at Parkhead and many Hoops fans would love to see him stay in Glasgow beyond the end of his loan agreement this summer.

But is it going to happen? Probably not after the Croat conceded that although he's 'having fun' under Brendan Rodgers, he envisages a long-term career in the Premier League.

1 hour ago, StevieB said:

The lad wants football in a positive environment can't blame him 

Screenshot_20190115-104541.jpg

So which one is total bollox? 

26 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Id say the latter to be honest. When alls said and done there is no way they can afford him anyway he's probably nearly doubled his value with international football 

Edited by StevieB

54 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Mmmm      The Scottish Sun or some random twitter site with 400 followers.  Difficult.  Close one that.

1 hour ago, Celtic_daft1888 said:

The 2nd one. He done an interview with Celtic TV not that long ago where he was saying that playing for the club was amazing etc and it would prepare him for the PL. He’s committed to Leicester. He is enjoying it though. Playing with a massive smile on his face. I look forward to seeing how he gets on down south. He will be sorely missed up here. 

We'll send you Benny as compensation. He's a level headed, calm, young man.

He would fit in nicely in Glasgow  :frantics::teehee::yahoo:

18 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

As if Celtic can afford 13mill these days. They struggle to afford 1.3mill

Hmm we broke our transfer record last year. We may not be able to afford the fee for Benkovic ( I don’t think many would, Leicester would and should sell him for 3 times that after a decent year next season) we can afford to pay what we believe players to be worth. 

1 minute ago, jamfox said:

Like everyone else, fuming from that defensive proformance 

Is it to late to get Benkovic back? 

Bomb scare benny would of done better 

Totally agree. He cannot be worse than what we have. How long will Harry be out I wonder?

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Totally agree. He cannot be worse than what we have. How long will Harry be out I wonder?

Good point I think if it’s anything over 5 weeks we should bring him back, particularly as he plays that side of the defence. Having said that we don’t want to piss Rodgers off before he takes over :ph34r: