Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Benkovic January Recall?

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Leave it mozartfox he's either a troll or has no understanding of our club. Probably a Croatian fan boy. 

I think a Celtic twat on the wind-up and sadly ‘I’ took the bait. Have put him on ignore.

• Like 1

Getting excited for next season. This season is preparing for our title challenge next year. Couple of extra additions up front and creativity out wide, we’ll be flying next season. 

Harry, Benkovic, Chilwell, and Ricardo at the back is absolutely disgustingly good. 

Edited by Master Fox

I don't reckon we'll recall him now.

We have Maguire and possibly Soyuncu as mobile defenders. And Evans and Morgan as more traditional ones.

The only thing that worries me is that the Morgan Maguire partnership has leaked goals. If we recall Benk now we'd bench Morgan for the season or not play Benk.

I know every other week he's playing at a ground with three sides and probably  a plastic pitch BUT every home game is played in a far bigger stadium than ours with a far better atmosphere. He's also playing in Europe and now winning stuff. It looks like he's loving it up there.

I know the league is a bit tin pot compared to the PL but unless we pull our finger out it could be a bit of a come down for him.

2 hours ago, Livid said:

I know every other week he's playing at a ground with three sides and probably  a plastic pitch BUT every home game is played in a far bigger stadium than ours with a far better atmosphere. He's also playing in Europe and now winning stuff. It looks like he's loving it up there.

I know the league is a bit tin pot compared to the PL but unless we pull our finger out it could be a bit of a come down for him.

You are forgetting a couple of things - Money and ambition.  Playing in the SPL is never going test anyone’s ambition.  In the EPL he will be tested every game and not forced to play on plastic pitches against Conference Standard Strikers.  No come done.  We have enough young talent to make a serious go at the Europa League next season.

More compliments from a deluded fan north of the border

‘He's a class act and hope he's here for the season but sadly that's all we can hope for.
He's too good for Leicester and if Manchester United scouts have any sense they would go for him rather than boulder nut Maguire.’

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

There's a good chance we'll be without both Maguire and Morgan next season....so I'm very glad we have a contingency in place well in advance.

That’s clearly what’s Soyuncu and Benkovic are which is great for the club. Maguire will probably leave in the summer with Morgan/Evans competing with these pair. 

20 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Sorry.  You have lost me.  Basically if we want to keep Benkovic we can.  If a big team comes in and we do not want to sell at that point in time and for the fee they are offering, recent history tells me the player will not be sold off.  Simples.  

PS I do not know any Streamen so cannot comment on that statement.

I don’t know any “Streamen” either... ?

My initial point was limited and has nothing to do with whether we are a selling club that will sell at the first offer. That’s a Strawman’s Argument, because the original post was NOT about selling at the first offer but rather about the POSSIBILITY of big clubs spotting his exploits in the Europa Cup and coming in for him before he has a chance to return to City presumably at the beginning of next season. We regularly joke about “hiding” certain players on this forum because there is the oft-depressing recognition of the REALITY of the likelihood of our best players getting pinched by the big clubs. Reality is that if Filip is as good (or has shown the potential to be as good) as Celtic fans are effusively going on about (comparing him with Van Djik, etc.), then be rest assured that there are big club scouts already keeping tabs (particularly in the Europa Cup games). Accordingly, even while allowing for the fact that this is a fan forum and thus emotions are often elevated way above rationality and reality, anyone who refuses to countenance even such a “possibility” (to re-emphasize the original term employed) is living in denial. And to equate the cases of a superstar PFA POTY like Mahrez or a bonafide England international and WC hero like Maguire to a fledging yet to play a competitive City game is rather obtuse. We can disagree on how much it will require for that scenario, but it would be obtuse to entirely dismiss the possibility.

Edited by NaijaFox

All these Celtic fans screaming, 'Break the Bank' on a permanent deal.. Break the bank for £15m.... wow thats really embarrasing in todays standard, really reveals how far away Scottish league is compared. im 110% certain no deal will be made and its all  a media front to 'try' make something happen out of thin air. Im just going to enjoy the dreams and failed hopes from these deluded fans who seem to refuse to read more into his loan deal. It was clear from day one that Benko was only sent out for gametime experience due to Def availability being limited this season. Benko and Soy are the future of our backline, Itl cost alot more than 15m.... bloody embarrasing and lacking knowledge of our financial capability to think LCFC would accept that kind of money in todays football market.. it isnt 1998 Neil Lennon Era pricing anymore..

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Simoken said:

All these Celtic fans screaming, 'Break the Bank' on a permanent deal.. Break the bank for £15m.... wow thats really embarrasing in todays standard, really reveals how far away Scottish league is compared. im 110% certain no deal will be made and its all  a media front to 'try' make something happen out of thin air. Im just going to enjoy the dreams and failed hopes from these deluded fans who seem to refuse to read more into his loan deal. It was clear from day one that Benko was only sent out for gametime experience due to Def availability being limited this season. Benko and Soy are the future of our backline, Itl cost alot more than 15m.... bloody embarrasing and lacking knowledge of our financial capability to think LCFC would accept that kind of money in todays football market.. it isnt 1998 Neil Lennon Era pricing anymore..

The only way they'd get him for £15m is if there was a 500% sell on clause in there.

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We spent more than their transfer record on a CB we shipped out on loan and a reserve keeper FFS. He's going nowhere, they simply can't afford any player we want to keep.

They think he's better than Van Dijk, if he somehow is then my word what a player we've stumbled across.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They think he's better than Van Dijk, if he somehow is then my word what a player we've stumbled across.

Most I've seen have said "best since"... must be hard to judge up there though lets face it.

Edited by Babylon

44 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Agree.  I cannot find them in the Forbes list of richest Football Clubs? A point missed by their forum posters when talking all this bollooks of pushing their boat out to sign him permanently.  

£75 mill then.

Can Filip Benkovic continue following in Virgil van Dijk’s footsteps?

The Croatian talent has been in fine form at Celtic on loan from Leicester.

By

Mathew Nash

Published on December 3, 2018

In the summer, Leicester City completed the signature of Croatian defender Filip Benkovic. As reported by the BBC, the Foxes spent £13 million bringing the player in from Dinamo Zagreb.

However, his was a move for the future and he was eventually sent out on loan to Celtic.

It has been a successful move so far. Benkovic has been excellent for Celtic since his arrival at Parkhead and yesterday helped the Bhoys win the Scottish League Cup final.

Comparisons are already being made between the Leicester man and Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk.

So do Leicester have a potential £75 million defender on their hands?

That is the fee that made Van Dijk the most expensive defender in the world when he left Southampton for Anfield.

“When people compare me to Van Dijk it makes me proud…“…I remember Van Dijk playing for Celtic. In Croatia they show a lot of Celtic games and I watched him on there and on Youtube. In two years here, he progressed a lot. For me, he’s now the best defender in the world.”

– Benkovic on Van Dijk

Benkovic is a similar build but also possesses much of the other qualities which set Van Dijk apart. Calm on the ball and deceptively quick, he certainly does have similarities with the Dutchman.

The same similarities are shared by Harry Maguire, the player Benkovic is one day expected to replace if the England international makes a move away from the club.

Leicester will hope this Celtic experience continues to help their talented summer signing grow.

https://tbrfootball.com/can-filip-benkovic-continue-following-in-virgil-van-dijks-footsteps/