Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Benkovic January Recall?

54 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

If I came back from work and found my girlfriend home with a male work colleague the last thing I would do is start discussing with him is the benekovic loan. But each to their own I guess.

Got to agree with this!.. 

Get the Brexit discussion out of the way first, before moving onto how good Benkovic is. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Bit shakey so far. I really hope we approach Marco rose in the summer though. Going to be a top, top manager. 

He has built a good side at Salzburg, from what we see in this match. We could do a lot worse. 

Puel until the summer though. 

Our current situation puts a hell of a lot of pressure on him to come in and do a job. I'm not suggesting that he can't, but he's clearly benefitted from playing in an environment where he can learn, develop and understand the game better. Moreover, although the Scottish league is becoming tougher, Celtic are still quite a way ahead in terms of the quality they have, so he can become the ball-playing centre back we need him to be. They're also in Europe and he's at a club where he feels loved by the fans, which is magnificent for his confidence. If he was to return in January, it would be quite the baptism of fire and would halt a very good season so far for him - even if he performs well for us, he won't have a league title under his belt, which is fairly likely if he stays at Celtic. We should wait until the summer; as a pretty solid mid-table team, we won't go down without him so the need isn't that urgent. It also gives more of a chance to Soyuncu, who also needs to grow as a player. 

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

lol lol managed to piss off the celtic Faithfull again tonight. They hate it he's coming back to little Leicester at some point lol lol

Good man. They way they look down on us and think they can keep him p*sses me off.

14 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Good man. They way they look down on us and think they can keep him p*sses me off.

Let them look down on us. The summer will be fun. The fans going mad saying buy Benkovic the club sat knowing they have no chance at all. 

• Like 1

We have plenty of options at CB, we have four now Maguire is fit. If he returned, he would 4th or 5th choice and get little playing time.

Leave him at Celtic for the season and review in the summer.

Whilst the SPL isn't the highest level, it help him become use to living in a different country and adopt to a different style of football.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BenkovicCFC said:

Celtic fan here, thought I’d jump over and give folk an update on him from somebody who attends the games every week. The biggest compliment I can give him is he is just slightly, and I mean very slightly, below the level Van Dijk was when he was with us. He isn’t as laid back as him though and seems to be a complete leader at 21.

Always gets those around him to raise there level and it’s taken a hell of a lot of that responsibility off of Kieran Tierney. He can be a bit overconfident at times but I don’t mind that in a young defender, you know that will be ironed out his game. His cross field passing is exceptional, finds a player every time whether they are in space or no. 

Seen a few people saying he was shaky last night, he wasn’t, he was covering constantly for his partner Simunovic who is pretty much our 5th choice centre back and is one of the rashest players you’ll ever see. Fellow Croation and him and Benkovic are right pally, so think he may have went a bit overboard in doing so a few times but again, he’s young.

His timing of tackles is excellent, he’s commanding in the air, positioning is excellent. He has everything to go right to the top level. 

Seen folk saying Celtic fans think we’ll keep him? I’ve not met one who thinks that’s possible. Most of us think give him a year, 18 months at Leicester and Chelsea or something will be sticking in £60m odd bids.

The guy is top class.

Thanks for this.  I personally just find it odd that some posters on Celtic Chat think that Celtic can offer ‘little old’ Leicester the same price that we paid for him and we will bend over! Maguire will be sold off in the summer, so having Benko is a massive bonus for us as we do not to replace Mags.  Enjoy Benko and thanks!

44 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Thanks for this.  I personally just find it odd that some posters on Celtic Chat think that Celtic can offer ‘little old’ Leicester the same price that we paid for him and we will bend over! Maguire will be sold off in the summer, so having Benko is a massive bonus for us as we do not to replace Mags.  Enjoy Benko and thanks!

I’ve not encountered that mate, there may be some of it, I’ve seen people say offer the same price though to see if it would be accepted. Which most know will never happen.

Mostly because from our point of view up here money means very little in the Premiership. Doesn’t mean that clubs aren’t businesses and will still strive for every penny, and ignoring the fact that Leicester aren’t really one of they clubs that are reckless with money. It’s not based in reality, more hope.

Personally, I’m hoping you keep Maguire, Evans goes back to his top form and you get a swansong from Morgan next year and we get a Paddy Robertsque last ditch second season loan. Surely not too much to ask for that :fc::(

Edited by BenkovicCFC
  • Haha 1

It is too much ask? Like Celtic, we need an up-grade at CB and Benko will part of this.  Mags will go.  BTW we have wasted millions on duff transfers since 2016 and Benko appears to be one of notable successes that we have enjoyed. Which is the reason why he will be back with us next June.

I appreciate it must be tough for Celtic financially north of the border, seeing Leicester for example, listed in Forbes as 19th in the list of the Worlds Football Clubs, which is exactly why you missed out on Benkovic.

We are so very very lucky that the EPL remains massive around the World.  It may change one day!   So I would not hold your breath on another season with Benko as we need him too!!

Thanks for your postings - Top man!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

It is too much ask? Like Celtic, we need an up-grade at CB and Benko will part of this.  Mags will go.  BTW we have wasted millions on duff transfers since 2016 and Benko appears to be one of notable successes that we have enjoyed. Which is the reason why he will be back with us next June.

I appreciate it must be tough for Celtic financially north of the border, seeing Leicester for example, listed in Forbes as 19th in the list of the Worlds Football Clubs, which is exactly why you missed out on Benkovic.

We are so very very lucky that the EPL remains massive around the World.  It may change one day!   So I would not hold your breath on another season with Benko as we need him too!!

Thanks for your postings - Top man!

Nah, I know we won’t get him but that’s what football’s all about. Let your delusions run free, you guys should know that more than anyone after the League win haha.

It is what it is, I’m more frustrated that we’d been watching him since he was 18/19 and never made a move before we got outpriced and bigger leagues came calling. Something we haven’t been the best at lately, when we swooped in and got Wanyama then Van Dijk, that’s what we should be doing, before they get a name but that’s what happens when you hire Sunderlands ex head scout I suppose.

He’ll be a mainstay for you guys next year, I’ve no doubt about that. There’s a few players you watch who natural talent oozes from and he’s one of them for me, his head seems screwed on his shoulders as well which is always one of the toughest things to find these days. Anyway, all the best lads :appl:

• Like 1