Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Player Ratings : Leicester City 3-1 Huddersfield Town - Vote Now

Leicester City 3-1 Huddersfield Town

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.5

Total Average Rating

188 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

James Maddison 7.8
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Rachid Ghezzal 5.0
  4. Manager Confidence 84% +84%

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 22/09/18
Voting Ends: 25/09/18

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Daniel Amartey
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Harry Maguire
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Nampalys Mendy
  7. Wilfred Ndidi
  8. Rachid Ghezzal
  9. Kelechi Iheanacho
  10. James Maddison
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Demarai Gray (sub)
  13. Marc Albrighton (sub)
  14. Shinji Okazaki (sub)

Vardy and Nacho need to play together to get the best out of each. 

Amartey good against a poor Huddersfield attack but against stronger opposition may be exposed. 

Maddison outstanding. Puels best signing. 

The slow starts are worrying but a young team seems to last the second half well, and are learning quickly. 

Defence a bit shaky still, but in the PL winning season it was October before they earned their pizza. 

Ndidi and Mendy make a good pair, but need to improve their passing. 

Great to see some interesting variations in set pieces, but we did better in open play by moving quickly rather than ponderous possession. 

Overall, good in parts, and visible progress to a new and potentially exciting side to watch. 352 may be what we need to get everything to click. 

Huddersfield poor apart from Mooy. 

Puel in. 

Edited by foxinsox
spelling
  • Like 4

Amartey was excellent today not sure 

1 hour ago, foxinsox said:

Vardy and Nacho need to play together to get the best out of each. 

Amartey good against a poor Huddersfield attack but against stronger opposition may be exposed. 

Maddison outstanding. Puels best signing. 

The slow starts are worrying but a young team seems to last the second half well, and are learning quickly. 

Defence a bit shaky still, but in the PL winning season it was October before they earned their pizza. 

Ndidi and Mendy make a good pair, but need to improve their passing. 

Great to see some interesting variations in set pieces, but we did better in open play by moving quickly rather than ponderous possession. 

Overall, good in parts, and visible progress to a new and potentially exciting side to watch. 352 may be what we need to get everything to click. 

Huddersfield poor apart from Mooy. 

Puel in. 

Amartey was excellent today, arguably a contender for MOTM. 

• Like 1

Maddison, Iheanacho, Vardy & Mendy with 8s hard to pick a MOTM from those, Amartey, Chilwell & Gray 7s

The rest 6s with Ghezzal a 5 Ashe didn’t do a lot today..

Vardy back to his best chasing down players, great pass for Iheanacho and cracking finish as was Iheanachos as well, sublime free kick from Maddison too, got to start the three of them every game....

The Ref was definitely the most inept performer I have witnessed on any football pitch and should never get near a Premier League  game again...

majority of players get a 6 other than the standouts imo. these being Maguire, Mendy, Ndidi, Vardy, kelechi (all 7's) with Maddison (again) being the star (8) would have been a different story if he stayed on the wings for 90 but Puel eventually gave him noticable freedom.

on a day that we weren't really tested defensively but mentally we were after last weeks dismal display at bournemouth. the squad came through and proved that we play with a higher tempo when required and we look as good as anyone when our tails are up!

all around a positive day! 

Kasper 7

Amartey 6

Evans 6 

Maguire 8

Chilwell 7 

Ghezzal 5

Ndidi 7

Mendy 7

Maddison 8

Iheanacho 8

Vardy 8 MOTM

Gray 7

Albrighton 6 

Okazaki 6

Gray offered more than Ghezzal had done when he came on. 

Vardy so much more involved when he actually has a strike partner; hope that continues.

Maddison is a terrific player- future England player.

Edited by Dickov22

On 22/09/2018 at 19:32, kingfox said:

9 - Iheanacho

8 - Maddison, Vardy

7 - Amartey, Maguire, Mendy

6 - Schmeichel, Evans, Chilwell, Ndidi

5 - Ghezzal

The front three when they clicked were class today :thumbup:

Chilwell misplaced one pass all game, was defensively solid and was threatening going forwards whereas Amartey had a few scary moments first half. Mendy was about 7.5 for me. Otherwise fair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Chilwell misplaced one pass all game, was defensively solid and was threatening going forwards whereas Amartey had a few scary moments first half. Mendy was about 7.5 for me. Otherwise fair.

Chilwell still seems a slight whipping boy for some despite him now being one of our most important attacking and defensive players - currently the only consistent defender we have with actual pace, and a lot of our attacks involve him, yet people still seem to think he's bad. Could have easily had an assist or two against Huddersfield.

I'll never understand.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

On 22/09/2018 at 17:10, Mark said:

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 22/09/18
Voting Ends: 27/09/18

1. Kasper Schmeichel  6
  2. Daniel Amartey    6
  3. Jonny Evans  5
  4. Harry Maguire   6 
  5. Ben Chilwell   5
  6. Nampalys Mendy   6
  7. Wilfred Ndidi    6
  8. Rachid Ghezzal   4
  9. Kelechi Iheanacho    7
  10. James Maddison   7
  11. Jamie Vardy     7
  12. Demarai Gray (sub)     5
  13. Marc Albrighton (sub)    7
  14. Shinji Okazaki (sub)    7

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

28 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Chilwell still seems a slight whipping boy for some despite him now being one of our most important attacking and defensive players - currently the only consistent defender we have with actual pace, and a lot of our attacks involve him, yet people still seem to think he's bad. Could have easily had an assist or two against Huddersfield.

I'll never understand.

Have nothing against him, I thought he was alright yesterday but I thought the formation hurt him.

There was absolutely no width or support on the left side, he had to do the work all by himself which led to him being doubled up on, all he could do was pass and run sideways because he had no help.

Second half he had more joy but overall he was average.

• Like 1

Kasper 6 - Not to blame for the goal, OK but not great distribution, well-placed for his only other save of note against Depoitre at 3-1.

Amartey 7 - Very solid and made no real mistakes as I recall. Supported well going forward even if he never threatened to overlap.

Evans 6 - Borders on a 5. Was caught out for their goal and God knows what he was doing miles apart from Maguire to let in Depoitre one on one with Kasper. Looks slow but otherwise composed on the ball.

Maguire 6 - Not quite a 7 even if he did well to recover and force Depoitre to waste his chance. A bit careless at the back, but solid display on the ball.

Chilwell 7 - Had an indifferent first half and should've maybe tried to go wide a couple of times instead of cutting inside so often. Improved second half and read the game well as he intercepted the ball and set up a Vardy chance. Full of energy and has confidence. Solid run he is having!

Ghezzal 5 - Like Chilwell, was often forced to cut inside and subsequently snuffed out. Tidy in possession, but I feel Ricardo or Gray threatening wide would have been correct from the start. We were playing so, so narrow and made it difficult for ourselves. Rightly subbed after his poor tackle towards the end of the first half.

Ndidi 6 - Wasn't great in possession, but I like that he doesn't shirk responsibility and that he's so good at reading and intercepting the game when he does get caught. Some crucial tackles and an important presence to deal with Mooy and Billing's energy. But he nearly cost us with some slack play in the middle.

Mendy 8 MOTM - Really impressed with Mendy. Not only was he covering so well for his teammates, but he was excellent in possession. Some Drinkwater-esque cross field passes, but even more impressive his quick triangles and one-twos trying to up the tempo in the final third. Very good display.

Maddison 7 - Looks so smooth on the ball and not surprised he gets fouled so often. Always clever and good movement and decision-making, even if he didn't have an outstanding game overall. His freekicks are superb though and it's great to know we have a player that can score from 25-30 yards as well as mix it up like Vardy's first half chance. Bright prospect!

Iheanacho 8 - A goal and an assist and great movement all game, even if he did lose the ball rather hopelessly a couple of times. I admit I thought he wouldn't score as he looked like he was stumbling/out of breath at the end of the counter, but what an effective finish. So happy he had a good game next to Vardy. It will make us less predictable going forward.

Vardy 7 - A couple of missed chances pull him down to a 7, but another effective display. Is really showing his experience in energy conservation and it paid dividends as Huddersfield struggled more and more as the game wore on. Great finish and great to have our talisman back in the team and in the goals.

Subs:

Gray 6 - Offered a larger threat than Ghezzal which stretched Huddersfield more and produced gaps in their defence. His end product and some of his passes didn't quite live up to standard though.

Albrighton 6 - Only on for 20 minutes, but a great player to bring on in that situation. His commitment to the cause is second to none and a valuable asset.

Okazaki 6 - On for just 5-10 minutes, but again the right call and helped keep up the pressure on Huddersfield and nullifying any chance of a comeback. Good shot as well.

Edited by shen

9 minutes ago, shen said:

Mendy 8 MOTM - Really impressed with Mendy. Not only was he covering so well for his teammates, but he was excellent in possession. Some Drinkwater-esque cross field passes, but even more impressive his quick triangles and one-twos trying to up the tempo in the final third. Very good display.

Agreed, to me Mendy stands out and his workrate is very very very similar to a so called Kante, If i dare compare his name. But looking like a no.1 midfield pick right now. I do like indidi and he made some real quality tackles on Saturday! but lets maybe try another formation that doesnt include him? see what happens, instead of working around him, how about working around Mendy?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

I am a season ticket holder and I would bet  the games I have seen over the years far exceed you. 

That’s more then likely I never said you didn’t have a season ticket and never for life of me think you had seen less games then me. 

I have seen a mere 1000+ home games plus the aways and European and friendlies . Not including world cups and euro championships etc so I don’t have as much experience of watching City and football in general  as you but who cares 

17 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

That’s more then likely I never said you didn’t have a season ticket and never for life of me think you had seen less games then me. 

I have seen a mere 1000+ home games plus the aways and European and friendlies . Not including world cups and euro championships etc so I don’t have as much experience of watching City and football in general  as you but who cares 

I will take back the word far. I  must confess from your comments  I thought  you were much younger and never heard  of Arthur Rowley Mal Griffiths  or Jack Froggart let alone seen them  as I have but you seem  a true fan as opposed to many on here so just beg to differ