Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Any other refugees from Bentley's Roof on here?

3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

What happened to that guy. I didn’t come on for a few months and he was gone! 

Who knows, we've had a load on here drop off randomly. Zingari, Haydos, Bonedog, Tbjs(I suspect Sean from Enderby is likely his new project) just vanishing.

My uncle used to use Bentley's, did seem quite cliquey and like looking back through a timewarp. Saying we lose a few on FT it's no wonder they're dwindling

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Tincy/tuborg is banned.

Think he was real as he someone on here pointed out during his time here that he had a Facebook account.

Didn't Zingari say that he was stopping posting at the time he last logged in to focus on his health/family?

Haven't seen Rincewind post for a while.

The thread where it was announced that he was in hospital, including 'horse card' thing, and some FT member claimed he met him at his bedside is still well-remembered personally.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Think he was real as he someone on here pointed out during his time here that he had a Facebook account.

Didn't Zingari say that he was stopping posting at the time he last logged in to focus on his health/family?

Haven't seen Rincewind post for a while.

The thread where it was announced that he was in hospital, including 'horse card' thing, and some FT member claimed he met him at his bedside is still well-remembered personally.

Ken was on here a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

This reminded me it exists, so I popped over to have a look. I wish I hadn't. 

First thread I read was some neanderthal complaining about the right for gay people to get married. Some of the replies are deeply unpleasant.

Glad that kind of bigoted nonsense isn't tolerated here.

Bentley's Roof is a dreadful website populated by many, many morons that needs to be consigned to the trash receptacle, pronto.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Moosebreath is back, Moosebreath is back! Hello! Hello!  :thumbup:

Is that a Gary Glitter reference?

14 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I’ve heard a new mods job may be coming up ...    I’m available ! ...    I’ll ban lads of the fookers !! ...   just let me at em !  :)

CF, when you egt the job badger Mark to lift my posting limit will you? If they made me a mod they'd only let me mod 15 posts a day. 

26 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

First thread I read was some neanderthal complaining about the right for gay people to get married. Some of the replies are deeply unpleasant.

Bentley's Roof is a dreadful website populated by many, many morons that needs to be consigned to the trash receptacle, pronto.

There's plenty of bigoted and cliquey rubbish on here too, it's just more subtle (sometimes). People are more likely to be banned for not thinking Cambiasso is a God than making a bigoted comment.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

I was going to say the same thing as FIF, there is dubious stuff here too, it's just done a bit more passive aggressively than Bentleys.

Edited by bovril
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I heard...They are algamating  with "Fighting cock"....

3 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

I was on there for years varying between posting at times to just lurking... You'd get to know which threads to click on & which not to & then which ones to stop reading half way down when the conversation went a certain way. But being an avid Fox reader which turned into an online forum which turned into Bentley's Roof, it was what I knew & felt like home.

And actually, like most places, generally it is a good crowd on there & a lot of humour & decent posters. + full disclosure, I do prefer some of the setup of it: only having 1 forum rather than several, the fluidity of the recent posts means there are always new threads to look at: the fact threads are newer means you don't end up with the pages & pages or going over the arguments, or reading part way through & going back to where you were.

However, the biggest problems were the lack of moderation and instead, there was 1 individual who was the self-appointed guardian of the board. I don't like to use the words cyber-bullying as frankly its a forum you can choose to use or not and can walk away, but the nasty vile stuff he would type was disgraceful. Any criticism that hit home & he would play the "this is a great crowd on here, I've met most of them for drinks, we have done lots for charity etc" to shameless try and get everyone on his side. It was a bit sad to see someone so needy, and I realised his tone was driving people away and ruining the place, and I had enough 1 day when I saw him jump on 2 or 3 people really aggressively just for having a different viewpoint. 

So I took my own advice & walked away: I lurked on here for a while & got to see how things worked & realised I liked it on here. Having Avatars, emojis, embedded files, responding to people's posts etc. are like watching colour TV & you can't believe people out there are still watching black & white. The active moderation is a requirement. And any news and articles being posted by Davie G are a great way of generating conversation & keeping up to date in 1 place. I've got used to the other forums & I don't really care what grinds anyone else's gears, so am glad it is in a thread tucked away rather than front & centre for the day. None of that stuff comes by chance though & is done by a lot of effort put in to run this place & the mods here really do deserve a lot of credit for what they have built.

It is hard changing after years, but this place is home now. And I enjoy it. I go back maybe once a month, and there are some posters on there I miss, but many more that have walked away & it just seems to have lost the vibe it used to have.

I know that every time Bentleys Roof gets mentioned on here it usually ends up being linked on a thread back there - usually giving people the excuse to settle old scores or disparage this place, but it might also be a chance for some of them to have a look around while they are here and start to think about choosing colour rather than black and white!

You ought to have a Bentleys Old Boys (BOB) thread mate for you lot to meet up on and reminisce ....    :thumbup: