Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Arsenal Post Match

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Leicester City should have been 3-0 up before making the cardinal sin of conceding a goal so close to halftime. I realise this needed the match official to be switched on as everyone apart from him saw the handball incident. Had this been the case who knows what the result would have been.

Yet what people aren't mentioning is, as soon as we scored we immediately reverted to type and Arsenal came at us. What makes you so sure that had Maguire put us 1 up or we'd have got the penalty, that we'd have carried on attacking and Chilwell would have made it 2 or 3-0? I've seen precious little evidence of us doing that against teams in the upper elecolons of the table for quite some time. Now I know it's not easy to get results against the better sides, certainly not away from home but fans seem to comfort themselves with the injustices of every good opportunity missed or decisions that may have led to a goal equalling a lead that would have meant we'd have won the game. I'm more of the opinion, an earlier lead for us would have led to more time for the opposition to come at us and rip through our powder puff defence. Rather than losing 3-1 it would have been 4 or 5-1.

There can't be many teams in the land that could and should have been 3 or 4-0 up but also deserve to lose the game at the end of it. Arsenal missed a host of chances inside the box in that 2nd half. We collapsed as we have a soft underbelly and are exactly the sort of nancy team we'd have swept aside in our heyday.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, FIF said:

We know you don't like Puel but making facts out of fiction is not going to get anyone else on your side.

He's pulling numbers out of his arse. Chilwell isn't on that much money.

He's admitted as much. Somewhat diminishes any other points he mat try to make.

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

No team and Bench....and I laugh through the whole process you and others soley have against Puel....

Carry on..!!  It amuses me:teehee:

Yes, you have form for laughing at your own jokes. And there is none bigger than Puel.

11 minutes ago, l444ry said:

You can't have played under many managers if you think they're all the same. Who is more likely to get a reaction from a team talk, Martin O'Neill or Roy Hodgson?

You told us what happened in the two dressing rooms. Perhaps you can share the video.

As for your example and question. Are you inferring that Roy Hodgson never got a reaction from a half time team talk. Again a ludicrous statement.

19 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Based on tonight's last 60 minutes of play, we look no better than last season. In fact, we seem to make one step forward and two steps back, In Puel's case, the demise comes gradually. One and a half steps at a time more like it. Two wins out of six matches is a symbol of that condition.

Somewhat unforgiving for trying to hold onto a lead after half an hour, thinking we'd be able to sustain constant pressure by remaining passive.

It was the wrong time to experiment with three at the back and we're definitely too lightweight in midfield, there was little to no control and Vardy up front pretty much isolated once again.

If the manager can't see that, it's not the fans' fault for calling him out on that.

Vardy isolated himself. He wasn't right which is now clear. 

He was given pretty much a free role upfront and made no runs into the channels.

We've been experimenting with 3 at the back all season with mendy and Ndidi dropping deep when we go forward with the wing bacs pushing up. 

We didn't "try to hold on to a lead" in the way that's being suggested, we just took on so much pressure from arsenal turning on the taps we couldn't do much about it, this idea that we somehow sat back and allowed them to attack for free is ridiculous, when arsenal turned the taps on we couldn't handle them. 

We might aswell just get rid of him and get someone else in, puel is too divisive and the club atmosphere is a shambles at the moment. 

There's top managers out of work at present. Offer mega money and get someone in and let the fans rip him to shreds within weeks aswell.

The fans take more energy out of me than the club these days.

Edited by cityfanlee23

16 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Vardy isolated himself. He wasn't right which is now clear. 

He was given pretty much a free role upfront and made no runs into the channels.

We've been experimenting with 3 at the back all season with mendy and Ndidi dropping deep when we go forward with the wing bacs pushing up. 

We didn't "try to hold on to a lead" in the way that's being suggested, we just took on so much pressure from arsenal turning on the taps we couldn't do much about it, this idea that we somehow sat back and allowed them to attack for free is ridiculous, when arsenal turned the taps on we couldn't handle them. 

We might aswell just get rid of him and get someone else in, puel is too divisive and the club atmosphere is a shambles at the moment. 

There's top managers out of work at present. Offer mega money and get someone in and let the fans rip him to shreds within weeks aswell.

The fans take more energy out of me than the club these days.

You sure about that Lee? Looked to me as if he'd been asked to do a job on the left hand side. Once Arsenal got on top he was then our outlet but we couldn't string two passs together and he was predictably isolated...……..again.

20 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Haven’t posted for a good few hours but i thought I should make it clear that I feel Arsenal are the embodiment of pure evil and that they are literally an infringement of my human rights. 

@Cadno'r Cymoedd that OK?

x

They should be standing in front of the beakes in Strasbourg...:@

If one is hard Leicester....It ain't Spurs or Chelsea..they are small fry....but you see it's Arsenal.

Look Arsenal have played great football over the years....I am an old man,I love the whole wide world,

I sing along when Lois Armstrong sings "what a wonderfull world"

I can take deep breaths and count to ten,I often turn the other cheek...

Coming from New Parks,I can  grrrrrr  love Braunstone,even Beaumont leys!!!

BUT ..ARSENAL !!!

no not even a snickers helps...

Edited by fuchsntf