Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Feeling the FoxesTalk Love

I haven't posted at all since Saturday, but I have read every thread. Everything I've wanted to say has been said on here, plus more. So many eloquent, poignant words from both regulars and newbies, City fans and supporters of other clubs.

We all like the occasional light-hearted ribbing of a fellow poster, a moan about something daft; but the last 48 hours has shown under the most tragic of circumstances what a f**king fantastic little community we have here.

The forum and the community is a credit to the club and the wider support during a very difficult time.

• Like 1

I too havnt posted on this forum for quite some time, however, theres very rarely a day goes by that I don't pop on to get the latest news. Transfer windows im pretty much glued to the forum.

Ive hardly been off over the last few days and have found myself fighting back the tears on many occasions. (The photo with the fox looking up at the sky was just too much to take)

I know it's selfish milking all the information you guys post on here without contributing back, so i just wanted to come on and say thank you! The admin teams hard work is greatly appreciated, and for us all having a place to come together in such a difficult time has been very comforting.

RIP vichai and the other 4 casualties.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monk said:

I’m not sure if this warrants its own thread but I just want to say how great this forum has been over the past few days. 

Ive been on here for 12 years, met loads of friends over the years and at times we might all get on each other’s backs a bit, but supporting from afar up in Edinburgh this is where I come for my Leicester news and community. 

I was on here the minute the crash thread went up, and have followed it along with you with horror and grief like you all. The heartbreak is real, and although I can’t be at the ground I’ve felt close to it all thanks to this place. 

Thank you @Mark and thank you all of you for making this a place where we can express how we feel about all of this. Almost no clubs have a fans forum that come close to this. 

Well said pal. I agree with every word and can relate. I too support Leicester from Scotland so I understand how important this page is to you. 

Our fans in Leicester have that community but this is ours and this is what keeps us so close to the club and its amazing to see it pull together when needed. 

• Like 2

FT is like a family.  It's the only social media I'm a part of.  In troubled times the family comes together and that's what has happened since Saturday.  I only posted one message on Sunday but stayed on FT most of the day, absorbing the thoughts of my fellow foxes.  And I've been on FT regularly since.  It's invaluable.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue

Have had disagreements on here ,seems so stupid now ,anybody I've ever had words with on here I'd just like to hug now.hope that don't sound really wet.

I know the mods have probably had work to do but I've been massively impressed by pretty much everyones ability to be tactful and respectful, not only to the situation but each other.

Sometimes we have disagreements and strong opinions but I think the last few days has reminded us that we're all Foxes and we are marching in the same direction.

Big thanks to everyone involved in the running of the forum.

• Like 3

I had posted a thank you in a thread earlier to express the same thoughts;

"Also, a note of thanks to you all. As others have said it's difficult when you are miles away to feel included and all of you sharing your feelings has helped me.  Everything I've watched and read has brought tears to my eyes and it's reassuring they have to you all too. I feel a bit of an idiot, sat in a Leicester shirt in tears alone in Ireland but you're keeping me connected, thank you". 

And

3 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

Sometimes we have disagreements and strong opinions but I think the last few days has reminded us that we're all Foxes and we are marching in the same direction.

Big thanks to everyone involved in the running of the forum.

Threads can get a little 'heated' on FT but the dignity and respect shown to each other these past days has been commendable.

• Like 1

This place has always been an absolute credit to Mark. Its a wonderful place to catch up on news, gossip etc and I've made a lot of real friends from here in the past. When you look at other forums, especially in year's gone by, you appreciate this place.

I do realise by the way that a forum is only as good as the people that use it - and that's the thrust and sentiment of the thread which I 100% agree with. Big credit to you all, but also importantly to @Mark for providing the platform.

• Like 1

Annie and I have been on here constantly since Saturday night. Could not imagine what it would have been like without this forum as a support mechanism. We are half way around the world and yet this site has made us feel right there with you all in our shared grief at the loss of such a special human being.

So many tears. 

• Like 1

I'll echo what has been said. The tributes have been fantastic and also the collecting of updates and information about the tragedy to allow us to stay well-informed from wide sources has been extremely helpful.

Thanks to all involved.

• Like 1