Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

1 hour ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

SK1 was great on Wednesday night - hats off to the UFS lads and lasses - we just need more of them 

... and will always be that way without unreserved seating. That's why the old standing terraces were so good in that you could move around and form up into a group that grew and grew (or move away if you wanted). Closest to that now is pre-match down in the concourse. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Only way it'll grow is if people step up and decide to move into the area. If everyone that moaned were instead proactive and wanted to fix things, we'd be sorted. 

Isn't the area mostly season tickets? 

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Any ideas about this??!

Is it just due to late kick off on a Monday night??

image.thumb.png.9329a6a6a8b2d98de037250333b0610f.png

Pretty sure we don't always "bang on" about how "great" our fans are.

• Like 1

Just now, Ted Maul said:

We know our fans are shite, but they're even worse. One of the quietest home atmospheres in the league despite a traditional compact ground with good acoustics.

I saw a Newcastle fan on twitter agree too. Just so ironic. Both have quiet grounds and jump at any opportunity to boooooooo.

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

We know our fans are shite, but they're even worse. One of the quietest home atmospheres in the league despite a traditional compact ground with good acoustics.

Definitely the worst home atmosphere I've experienced as an away fan.

Another i find strange is Newcastle, usually class away but are very average noise wise at home.

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I saw a Newcastle fan on twitter agree too. Just so ironic. Both have quiet grounds and jump at any opportunity to boooooooo.

5 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Definitely the worst home atmosphere I've experienced as an away fan.

Another i find strange is Newcastle, usually class away but are very average noise wise at home.

Newcastle are an odd one. Self-pity has become the norm up there but they're another of those clubs with an 'on their day, they're noisy' reputation. Obviously, who isn't? 

Home atmospheres are dead throughout the league really. Who can you say has a genuinely good home atmosphere consistently- Wolves and Sheff United? They're both watching their best sides in at least 3 generations, so it's bound to be good and will drop off in the next couple of years as expectations rise. Us, Stoke, Palace and Huddersfield all had reputations for belting atmospheres at some point in recent years.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Newcastle are an odd one. Self-pity has become the norm up there but they're another of those clubs with an 'on their day, they're noisy' reputation. Obviously, who isn't? 

Home atmospheres are dead throughout the league really. Who can you say has a genuinely good home atmosphere consistently- Wolves and Sheff United? They're both watching their best sides in at least 3 generations, so it's bound to be good and will drop off in the next couple of years as expectations rise. Us, Stoke, Palace and Huddersfield all had reputations for belting atmospheres at some point in recent years.

Last home atmosphere I was impressed with was Huddersfield when they first come up. Everybody else is pretty similar (poor). Wolves were decent last month but like you say that's expected. Newcastle have good away noise but I've been to St James' Park 4 times and every time it's as quiet as any other ground.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Last home atmosphere I was impressed with was Huddersfield when they first come up. Everybody else is pretty similar (poor). Wolves were decent last month but like you say that's expected. Newcastle have good away noise but I've been to St James' Park 4 times and every time it's as quiet as any other ground.

Huddersfield just after they came up were one of the loudest I've ever heard. I know they had clappers but it's not often that the away end (even ours) is completely drowned out from the first minute these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

Newcastle, and Sunderland, enjoy this reputation of being 'passionate' fans. But realistically it's because they're the only 2 clubs with any real clout for miles about. You have to support one or the other - glory hunters are really isolated - and so they've generated this reputation.

In reality they're as miserable and patchy as any other football supporter, they are just hamstrung by location and a lack of any other sporting institutions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Pretty sure we don't always "bang on" about how "great" our fans are.

Maybe he meant our club 'bang on' about how good the fans are not the Leicester fans self congratulating...but either way it's not true.

Edited by purpleronnie

46 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Maybe he meant our club 'bang on' about how good the fans are not the Leicester fans self congratulating...but either way it's not true.

Every club says how great their fans are so we're hardly unique. I don't go on Twitter much but on here we're not particularly positive about our support.