Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

12 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Just reading some of these recent posts and I'm certainly sat wondering now.

Is there anyway the club can become more active in giving over a section that makes sense as a singing section. I know they tried it in the family stand years back. But it was never likely to take off. Obviously if they ever introduce a safe standing section as the law maybe moves forward. Thst would facilitate that.

But it really does need to be behind the goal. I know that won't be popular with those in sk 2 and 3 but maybe if the club actively suggested that, that section is gonna be predominantly standing(yes I know they can't under current law, but palace eventually accepted the will of a group of fans, and no i don't want to go over that ground again) and actively offered to help those relocated swap season ticket seats with those wishing to move from sk1 or sk4 etc into the middle are.

Or even if they made the 1st full block of sk1 not just the corner section that for next season and again made it clear that they would do anything they can to help those who wanted to move out of that section.

It would go a long way towards ending any arguement if we can't say sell 1500 seats in 1 section in a popular area of the ground. Then maybe the call for it isn't there in the main. Then we will also know if it's full every week yet still quiet the modern game has killed that side of the game. SK1 under o'Neill even with seats was normally decent for a large portion of games however things were going. That whole act of defiance, backs to the wall mentality came out on a regular basis.

This is exactly what is needed. The problem is people who would need to be relocated, otherwise it could be easily done. As you say, with the expansion/safe standing introduction hopefully, this is the time to reshuffle. Get all like minded fans in one big section. The Wigan game is a start, let's see how that takes off. If it works the club may continue to try and improve the atmosphere and I think Rodgers has played his part in the club being more engaged.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I might criticise us but at least we're not like Man City fans. Always said they're the weirdest fan base going. Wondered how long it'd be before they mentioned Ranieri, strange bunch. Them and Arsenal are the worse out the top 6.

As you can tell I fvcking hate them.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I might criticise us but at least we're not like Man City fans. Always said they're the weirdest fan base going. Wondered how long it'd be before they mentioned Ranieri, strange bunch. Them and Arsenal are the worse out the top 6.

As you can tell I fvcking hate them.

I really do find that Ranieri chant one of the strangest ones going. Up there with some of our worst. It was bad enough three years ago but hearing it today haha 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RGFox said:

Also ironic given they sacked Mancini under similar circumstances

And Pelligrini. He won the double with them too. Probably the first time manager to do so since Mercer.

9 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Decent enough today . People seemed to show they actually care a bit.

9 hours ago, kyleolly said:

Thought it was decent in parts today Union Fs lads and the kop could be heard top of L1 was good and I tried my best in the family stand me and my 8 year old have both lost our voices lol

But on our atmosphere, I thought it was better than recent weeks. Bigger games get people up for it more though.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

What was Man City's going up/going down chant all about?

Virtue signalling.

They're trying to say ... look how good and self-deprecating we are.  We might get relegated, but we don't care.  We'll be back.

Yeah right.   Maybe true 15 years ago.  Not now.  Right arrogant bunch.   Not quite as bad as Man Utd, but getting there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

What was Man City's going up/going down chant all about?

Having looked on the internet apparently it was "City going down with a Billion in the bank".

Tbh I couldn't really hear them, their support ain't as good as the other top 4/5 teams.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Having looked on the internet apparently it was "City going down with a Billion in the bank".

Tbh I couldn't really hear them, their support ain't as good as the other top 4/5 teams.

Woeful. Football fans cheering balance sheets like they personally benefit from it.

Used to think they were a sound fanbase too. Had one twat on the train home on Saturday constantly telling me how we deserved nothing from that game. The bellend just would not shut up.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Woeful. Football fans cheering balance sheets like they personally benefit from it.

Used to think they were a sound fanbase too. Had one twat on the train home on Saturday constantly telling me how we deserved nothing from that game. The bellend just would not shut up.

Couldn't agree more, they used to be good loyal fans they are now probably the worst fans in the premier league...even worse than the lot down the road.