Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

10 hours ago, Milo said:

Any ideas about this??!

Is it just due to late kick off on a Monday night??

image.thumb.png.9329a6a6a8b2d98de037250333b0610f.png

1. Do we? This thread tells me otherwise.

2. That's the clubs decision, not the fans.

3. Monday night away game. Big deal. Unless it's up the road I won't criticise any small followings anywhere on a Monday night.

• Like 3

I’d like to see how many away games a season these fools go to. Even if they go to 18 out of 19 they can’t have a pop. This will be the only game I miss this season purely because it’s a Monday night which will be sh*te on the M6. 

Off on a tangent a bit ...

It would sometimes be nice, if the club would be brave enough to publish how many people were actually in the ground, rather than how many tickets were sold.

Lots of reasons why some people can't make a 8pm Monday night match ... and that's before people with health issues stay away because of cuddly covid-19 ... so I'm not having a go at anyone.

But no way there were 32,125 in the ground last night!

6 hours ago, rico said:

I'm in there somewhere.....

I'm on the rails but can't spot myself, however the lad in the turquoise sweater shop jumper is a old school mate of mine so I'm near him somewhere.

Getting out that ground and back to the coach in that thing they called a car park was fun lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I really do hope once we are back down at Filbert Way a good few more join in with creating an atmosphere.

With so many saying how much they have missed it over recent times it might make those that to me just go now out of habit rather than actual enjoyment, take stock and think this can be so much more fun.

Look at this from Palace they have a group similar to UFS there albeit better positioned than UFS currently are but there is a big buy in. Stood, actively engaged in the game singing giving support.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I really do hope once we are back down at Filbert Way a good few more join in with creating an atmosphere.

With so many saying how much they have missed it over recent times it might make those that to me just go now out of habit rather than actual enjoyment, take stock and think this can be so much more fun.

Look at this from Palace they have a group similar to UFS there albeit better positioned than UFS currently are but there is a big buy in. Stood, actively engaged in the game singing giving support.

I hope you're right but I get my enjoyment these days from watching the game play out there's plenty happening the pitch in most of our games to keep me engrossed and happy. There's more than one way to enjoy a football match and you can't force people to sing and they're still entitled to watch it in the way that suits them.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

I hope you're right but I get my enjoyment these days from watching the game play out there's plenty happening the pitch in most of our games to keep me engrossed and happy. There's more than one way to enjoy a football match and you can't force people to sing and they're still entitled to watch it in the way that suits them.

Oh absolutely, I did not say otherwise.

There is though in a stadium of 30k a good proportion I’m sure who would gain a far greater enjoyment from the match day experience by partaking in singing and enjoying being in a ground with noise.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

As you've alluded to, we've currently got capacity for 32k spectators, giving everyone the opportunity to enjoy the game as they wish.

There is an appetite for a larger singing section, as proved by the Wigan experiment, so let's hope the club find a way to accommodate all of our fans in the near future. I'm confident this will happen alongside the stadium expansion, if not sooner. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thought these two letters from the May 1995 issue of The FOX Fanzine might be worth putting in here. The first, particularly, emphasises that this issue is at least 25 years old (and almost comically echos many of this thread's pages.)

Dear FOX

There are innumerable, well documented, sad points to come from this season but for me the saddest has been the fans. En masse City fans have sat back and claimed Premiership status based on voluble distress for Little's departure and a few full houses. What rubbish. The full houses we have enjoyed have come to watch visiting teams and Mark Draper before he moves and puts us to the sword for someone else. The crowds soon stopped coming when Wimbledon and Norwich were the visitors.

The only part of the ground which drives the team on are the first two blocks of the Kop, sit anywhere else and you can find the same 'fever pitch' on The Archers. The team lose and are told they are not good enough for the Premiership, the crowd makes less noise than a non-league club but that's okay. It is my belief that good times bring their own energies and high spirits, even if they never reach the heights of the first Play-Off season four years ago, but when things are bad it is the crowd, as much as the team, who need to raise their efforts

Of course it is too late now, but what about next season? Many fans are already assuming that City will come straight back up but there is no guarantee of that... look at Swindon. Let's face it, if we think that success is a divine right and stop singing our hearts out we may as well start wearing white and employ more accountants than groundsmen, just like Derby.

I understand that people want to see a successful team but I don't think this happens in isolation from a crowd. 21,000 (Isn't that a pathetic capacity?) people should be capable of maintaining an intimidating atmosphere which really would be worth a few points along the way. We shouldn't wait for the points before making ourselves heard.

WB, Redhill

This one takes a different take (assume it's referring to away noise - much better!) but again highlights issues that seemingly have now been going on for a generation!

Dear FOX

When leaving Anfield on Easter Monday and making my way to the train station, two little Scouse lads and came up to me "are Leicester fans always like that?" "Like what?" I queried. "Are they always that noisy?" This has been a feature of the season, while we have often been let down on the pitch, in the stands we have done ourselves and the club proud.

We have outsung every club in the league and most clubs would die for supporters as fanatical, loyal and loud as us. To all those people who have written in complaining about the lack of vocal support and originality in our songs - stick your shiny seats up your arse and join us in the crazy Kop corner and taste the atmosphere.

Barry Holt, Cheshire

Edited by Footballwipe

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Thought these two letters from the May 1995 issue of The FOX Fanzine might be worth putting in here. The first, particularly, emphasises that this issue is at least 25 years old (and almost comically echos many of this thread's pages.)

This one takes a different take (assume it's referring to away noise - much better!) but again highlights issues that seemingly have now been going on for a generation!

Mr Barry Holt would have been a teenager in 1995 he still travels down to the KP every week. 

He's as passionate a Leicester Fan you can meet.

10 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Our atmosphere has always been inconsistent and, at times, unfathomable. Why did we create some belting atmospheres in a relegation battle five years ago yet this season plenty have been flat, almost uninterested on occasion? 

Filbert St rocked on League Cup evenings yet some matches it was quiet with plenty of empty seats. I do think we are much better when we're the underdog and we feel the team needs us, but that's no excuse for it being so tepid at times this season.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Maybe we’re not so bad. :whistle:

My experience over many  years is when we are expected to lose the crowd is always much more vocal provided we put in a performance . However bad we have been in the past we always get unexpected results . This year  every game expected to lose we have done apart from Chelsea  away and in most put up a poor show. Old timers have been bred on beating the best and losing to the worst  when we didnt  lose to the worst we won the league.  How many supporters regardless of position inleague shrug off a 9-0 win away and 2-1 home defeat  murder a side twice in the league and lose to them when it really mattered in a semi final. For older supporters with good memory we beat Liverpool twice smashing a long  unbeaten home record and got relegated  and even more bizarre  walked the old division 2 and lost at Harlow  in 1980

• Like 1